Preview 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm Friday 13th Sept

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the implication here?
It’s contagious. He shouldn’t have played last week, and you’ve got to wonder if he will be right for Friday night.

It’s contagious. He shouldn’t have played last week, and you’ve got to wonder if he will be right for Friday night.
One of my staff contracted shingles a few years back.and it absolutely wrecked him for a month.

It can also cause terrible complications in people who have auto immune conditions.

I'm diabetic (type 1) so I basically ordered him to stay home until everything cleared up.

What’s the implication here?
Shingles is the reactivation of the chicken pox virus (herpes zoster), it gets in a nerve root then later in life manifests with pain and a rash along the nerve. If he still has vesicles (little blisters with yellow fluid in) with his rash then he is still infectious. Once the vesicles have dried up you are regarded as non infectious. Note - you are not infectious for shingles per se, but for chicken pox. I'm not sure what guidelines would be. I would have to look them up.

One of my staff contracted shingles a few years back.and it absolutely wrecked him for a month.

It can also cause terrible complications in people who have auto immune conditions.

I'm diabetic (type 1) so I basically ordered him to stay home until everything cleared up.

yeah it can be pretty bad...usually takes a while to fully recover

id still bet he has sore ribs though, not sure what the point of hiding a virus would be, surely they would have just said he was sick?

Just jumped on the Port board to get a consensus read on how their supporters are feeling leading into tomorrows game and Holy Heck, THEY ARE BRUTAL.

Absolutely tearing shreds off their own, mainly Hinkley and Dixon but damn they really don't hold back. I'm glad no one here treats our players/staff like that - no matter their performance they are all going out their trying their best.

I mean didn't he cope a fairly big hit at the end of the game in round 24 and then was sore in exactly the same spot vs Geelong?

Feels like the bigfooty rumor mill at it again
It’s not the Bigfooty rumour mill. I can tell you that.

Whatever's wrong with Butters, Port are being incredibly evasive. They claimed to have sent him for an X-Ray on his ribs, which was all clear. This was after they subbed him off halfway through a final and yet he's training and supposedly right to play the next week? Something is off.

Just jumped on the Port board to get a consensus read on how their supporters are feeling leading into tomorrows game and Holy Heck, THEY ARE BRUTAL.

Absolutely tearing shreds off their own, mainly Hinkley and Dixon but damn they really don't hold back. I'm glad no one here treats our players/staff like that - no matter their performance they are all going out their trying their best.
It's really remarkable. I've never seen anything like it before. It seems like they'll be happier than us if we win.

A caller to SEN just reciting what I’ve been hearing for 48hrs out of SA… Butters has shingles.

It’s why he was lethargic againts Cats and cannot take body contact. It’s not a rib injury.
It makes sense when you see the contact that he took before he went down, it didn't look like localised impact, more like overall soreness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever's wrong with Butters, Port are being incredibly evasive. They claimed to have sent him for an X-Ray on his ribs, which was all clear. This was after they subbed him off halfway through a final and yet he's training and supposedly right to play the next week? Something is off.
They’ve also run with another story that he was feeling anxiety and that was why he couldn’t breathe.

A caller to SEN just reciting what I’ve been hearing for 48hrs out of SA… Butters has shingles.

It’s why he was lethargic againts Cats and cannot take body contact. It’s not a rib injury.

Shingles is/are awful. My father had it and it affected the nerves on his neck and scalp. He had extreme pain for almost a year and ongoing pain and sensitivity for 3-5years until those nerves basically died. He struggled sleeping for literally years and was on heavy medication to mitigate the discomfort.

I mean didn't he cope a fairly big hit at the end of the game in round 24 and then was sore in exactly the same spot vs Geelong?

Feels like the bigfooty rumor mill at it again

Shingles (it manifests as a rash) is often located around the midriff area. If he has it there there then getting whacked there would be incredibly painful in the moment and for awhile afterwards but not long lasting like the pain from broken ribs is. However any time he got whacked there again (until the shingles cleared up) it would hurt again if that makes sense.

Last edited:
What are we thinking with midfield matchups?

Duke head to head with Butters
Worpell to Wines
Nash to Rozee (half tag)
Finn to JHF (wet blanket tag)

We don't tag

I expect Nash will stand JHF at clearance as he is a reasonable power/speed match. Otherwise will go hth with Ward and to a lesser extent Moore cycling through the middle.

Also expect to see more of CMac, Ginni and maybe even Wiz given the damage the Cats smalls did last week

Poor Cats if one or more of them contracted it from him.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

then should the Hawks not raise this risk with AFL, we don't want this shit prior to our next 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back