Injury 2024 St.Kilda Injury information

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Crouch have knee issues earlier on in his career? Fingers crossed we can get him right, been a big part of the missing piece this year.
Saints are pretty fragile without crouch in the midfield. Need Dow to step up.

Very soon we will need replacements for Steele, Crouch, Membrey

Saints are pretty fragile without crouch in the midfield. Need Dow to step up.

Very soon we will need replacements for Steele, Crouch, Membrey
Internally we possibly already have a replacement for Membrey. If the LDU rumours are true, would be good.

Crouch in most drills, ran laps with Butts during match sim.

Only players in rehab, Butts, Alison, Hotton. Hotton said wants to play this week but realistically the week after. Pretty down that he has only played 10 games since being drafted, trying to be positive saying this is the last of the injuries for him. Hope he is correct.

No Van Es and didn't see Bonner but don't know if that is an injury or not.

Crouch in most drills, ran laps with Butts during match sim.

Only players in rehab, Butts, Alison, Hotton. Hotton said wants to play this week but realistically the week after. Pretty down that he has only played 10 games since being drafted, trying to be positive saying this is the last of the injuries for him. Hope he is correct.

No Van Es and didn't see Bonner but don't know if that is an injury or not.
It's the hope that kills us all... "You mean we're injury free?" Imagine the magnets. Imagine the melts 🤣

Thanks JB for your updates, it's much appreciated from those of us that can't get to training.

What a change it is to look forward to both seniors and reserves games each week.

I'm sure we all got pings about it, but Van Es has been ruled out and placed on LTI.

1715669740093.png

So Mid season might still be on the cards.

I'm sure we all got pings about it, but Van Es has been ruled out and placed on LTI.

View attachment 1988933

So Mid season might still be on the cards.
I hope we have the ability to extend Van Es at the end of the year. He absolutely looks the goods as a genuine key position defender and god knows we need up and comers.

Crouch being available is promising as well. Likely a VFL lineup though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we have the ability to extend Van Es at the end of the year. He absolutely looks the goods as a genuine key position defender and god knows we need up and comers.

Without knowing too much about the injury you’d suspect he could’ve made it back for a few games at the end of the season and pushed his case to remain on the list.

That they have taken this approach, where he’s under no pressure during his rehab but can’t display his wares, suggests they’ve given him some assurance that he will be retained in some capacity.

That’s how I read it anyway.

Don't think van Es makes it to be honest. May have shown a bit in the few vfl games he's played but just don't think he's the type to become a pro. Reckon he'll be a good amo's player.

It actually quite bizarre when you sit back and think about it.

It's mental.

So consider that with the massive injury list you have a lot of unknowns and people who normally would be maybe 4th in line getting selected, you'll have an almost, clean slate to work with, then with people with an almost demand to say 'I belong here at this level" that oppositions might not be that ware of or respect.

So we then get people back, and what tends to happen is "oh, I'll just leave it to that guy" or a slight lessening of who does what, how it gets done, what you might need to work on, what your focus then becomes.. and you lose that sense of wonder, you lose that gung ho "I belong here" drive to succeed and stamp yourself on that game because you've now got jaded people going through motions who know things instead.

They'll all have the ability to succeed within them, hence being on an AFL list outside of the thousands that apply and follow the pathways, but mentally, how they view the game, how they approach the game, how they act during the game, how they get interacted with, is vastly different.

This is, to me, kind of what is meant when the coaches state that the oldies aren't setting standards and it's the young guys doing it, or admonishing the old guys, as they are there, but they are essentially half stepping as "I'll just leave it to that guy" whereas a Windy is already under that pack trying to dish it out.

Isn't it the same as last year? Started the year on fire with a huge injury list then progressively got worse as our injury list shrank. Maybe we're just selecting the wrong guys?

We were going ok then. We've progressively got worse and worse as the injury list has shrunk. Who'd've thunk?

It's where the missing players are from though. Still missing mids and the ones that are in aren't performing due to lack of conditioning. Snags and Butler are a lot of our fire power and with none of the tall forwards firing we look awful. Getting the right guys back and fit will show us where we are at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back