News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Elocution lessons--------from Australians!! o_O

I do love the Irish sense of humour.......
The irony is not lost on me...but one must not upset the locals. Especially when they're giving you free accomodation.
Who better to learn from, we're the masters of efficiency, we can compress an entire sentence into a single word... gotaciggiecarnt?
To which the Irish reply: Wha'da'fook?

I was really impressed with O'Connel's first year.

I compare him to Darragh and Ray and he was way ahead of them. His attack and marking stood out. His kicking was as good as everyone around him so now its about finding the right role and more of the pill.
He had a year or so in WA as a kid didn't he? He's was at least familiar with the game from then. It'll stand to him if he keeps putting in the work.

My old co-worker was from Cork and he was pretty understandable 98% of the time.
They're different when they are all at home and the colloquialisms come out🤣 Personally I find them more or less understandable, they're certainly not as bad as the folk from Kerry, or some of the bog folk from the West. Other Irish folk take the piss out of them however. Mostly good natured...depending on the amount of alcohol consumed.
Unless they're from Dublin.
People from Dublin & Cork need to be physically separated at all times 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back