List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

So I was having a deconstructed frappe mocha soy almond oat full cream milk from a snow fox latte this afternoon down at some fancy establishment in Black Rock with the owner of the dog that went to the same puppy school as former marathon runner Steve Moneghetti‘s dog many years ago.
Now he told me that his mums house cleaners cousins aunties uncles father Greg was saying that George is in fact very happy and that there’s nothing to worry about.

Make of that what you will.
Well given that this family connection would make Greg about 150 years old and a potentially omniscient and/or immortal being, I'm prepared to believe it

My opinion (with no intel) is that we are trying for 1 of 2 scenarios:

1 - Tauru, Houston, Trainor
2 - Tauru, Travaglia, Trainor

I really think we’re trying to fix our backline in one hit. (and I think Tauru is a forward)

Thought we had moved on from trainor, I'm still in the Tauru Houston berry camp

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Let's hope we don't get stooged by other clubs this year.

We got burnt taking Will Walker believing that Geelong were going to pick him when in fact there target was Kelly.

This year all the talk is that Richmond going for a double midfield punch at 1 & 2 should they trade with us giving us 6 and 10/11.

I call BS.

There is no way Tauru falls to 6.

Richmond will be all over him at 2.

If North think he is the ONE then pick him at 2.

The Kid Is A Freak.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk
Interesting take on things Smoocher, with Will Walker, he was just unfortunate to get those injuries and wasn't the same, as for the talk on Richmond, who knows what they are going to actually do, especially with the picks they end up with. Looking at Richmond's list and where they are now, there is no doubt in my mind that depending on picks, they go on attack mode and get the two best midfielders in Chris Toce's eyes, what a lot of people don't understand is there is a big difference between playing it safe and getting lots of first rounders in and when you've got the chance, to get the best mids, but most importantly grab "WHO YOU WANT", not who's left, when you've got the capital, why take that chance?

Their situation is a bit different to ours and try and get another elite midfielder in next years draft, clubs just don't get one or two good mids, if they can and are in a position to grab elite midfielders, you do it, its called rotation, don't forget they would be well aware of Tassie coming in so you get that elite midfield going and pick your key forwards after your very early picks to acquire that talent and also trade or free agency for key forwards is the other option for them. If North think he is the ONE then pick him at 2.

Don't worry, IF and its a big IF, we don't like the offers we get or think by taking one of these offers we might get leapfrogged to take our player, I believe we will take him at 2, but I strongly feel come draft time we won't need to do that, whether its a future first or our pick 2, I think on draft night our picks are going to look a bit different to what they are now, contrary to what is being discussed now, of course that is just my take on things, and yes, potential wise, he's very very good.

It’s a significant risk to take, but I’m on board that swap if we can get it done. Regardless if it turns out to be Houston or any kid in that range of the draft.
I think that duality is the strength of that deal, given that next year’s draft is heavily compromised.

Helps get Houston, or Draper and Tauru/Armstrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with Tauru a forward, from the little I've seen.

I see him as CHF that gets up the ground that gives the team a strong target in the air but will really compete at ground as well. Get back in defence and help out. His kicking in his senior debut from 2023 looked better than the vision this year. Was kicking on both feet.

He has looked good leading from deep in the forward line as well.

Really hope we pick him up. Would love to get Tauru and FOS somehow, plus Hannaford.
Tauru and Duursma has the making of an elite HF pairing.

And do the GC or Melbourne deal to get either 5 or 6+picks for 2.

Then bid on Kako with the 5/6 bid just to f*ck with them.

Kako would be a great player to draft in the event they don’t match and we would still be taking one of Armstrong, Shanahan or Tauru with 9.
The dee's rumour would be awesome.
Ending up with 5,9,13,25 would be amazing.
Armstrong
Viking
Berry
Gerryn
Amazing outcome

DAN HOUSTON

It's gotten complicated. Houston's options have narrowed down to either going to Collingwood or North Melbourne, or staying at Port Adelaide, where he is contracted for another four years. Ultimately Port will make the call dependent on if an offer comes through with strong enough draft outcomes in this year's pool to let the dual All-Australian go. Collingwood needs Gold Coast's pick 13 to have any hope of landing Houston but doesn't want to trade any other draft capital, as well as Joe Richards, to Port as part of the deal. The Pies have a six-year offer on the table for him. North also has a five-year deal for Houston and remains very keen. If the Roos can turn their future first-round pick into an early draft choice this year, which they have been working on for some time, they will get in the lead for the half-back. The Magpies are keen to tie Houston into the Richards move to Port, the John Noble trade to Gold Coast and the Jack Lukosius shift to the Power, but the clubs are also open to doing each deal independently of the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back