List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

It is time to speed this rebuild up. We cannot afford to wait another 12 months. If we come bottom 3 next year we may as well close up the place.

Trade F1 for 9 and make a splash to get Houston or at the very least get another top 10 pick this year which is by all reports a stacked draft.

Could it backfire massively? Yes.
Is it a risk ? Yes
Is it something we should be doing? Absolutely.
Yep agree, now is the time to take these risks. Though I think it reasonable to expect Bombers to throw their F2 in the mix if we offer our F1

It is time to speed this rebuild up. We cannot afford to wait another 12 months. If we come bottom 3 next year we may as well close up the place.

Trade F1 for 9 and make a splash to get Houston or at the very least get another top 10 pick this year which is by all reports a stacked draft.

Is it a risk ? Yes
I think the trade is fine in a 3-way with our two besties to get Houston. I wouldn't do the * trade then try and negotiate with Port - who would likely try and get more than pick 9.

There’s always one that is all the rage on the interwebs by the fans that gets drafted late or not at all.
I very much doubt tauru gets taken before pick 6
Like Gerreyn...

I've seen posters say we should 'nab' him at pick 13 if we get 6, 13 in a trade lol

If I was to guess, Gerreyn will go anywhere from 20-30 depending on the teams in the West.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

* would need to sweeten the deal if they want our F1.

Pick 9 will only be part of the deal.
We are coming to them though and they have multiple suitors. If anything, we may need to throw current draft points back.

Even if we get 9, port will ask for our 20s pick too.

While heavily tilted, I think we lack the leverage. (Ideally it will be just f1 for 9)

F1 and 62 for 9

9 and R2 for Houston.

I know this trade is going to piss off people, but it is a potential trade scenario, so it can’t hurt you.

Last edited:
We are coming to them though and they have multiple suitors. If anything, we may need to throw current draft points back.

Even if we get 9, port will ask for our 20s pick too.
Like I said I think 9 for f1 is uncomfortable enough for everyone to feel comfortable.

The only wrinkle is if the dons try to get 2 by using 9 + something else (which I don’t think would be good for us)

Is it a risk ? Yes
I’m sorry but this what rebuilds look like. Patience. :stern look

Picking Noble for coach would be the biggest mistake i would think.
Noble
JHF (sorry just have to list it)
Younie
Scouting team and the walk out
CCJ
Not necessarily our fault but the TT handling

Lack of proper kpd coverage
Drafting of players coming off serious injury (Flynn and George sure BG might still make it but we’d have needed lots of first team impact l)

Now I’m not posting this for a woe is us thing, but effects of this still in many ways need to be fixed and resolved not point dwelling on it but we need to fix it

Last edited:
My opinion (with no intel) is that we are trying for 1 of 2 scenarios:

1 - Tauru, Houston, Trainor
2 - Tauru, Travaglia, Trainor

I really think we’re trying to fix our backline in one hit. (and I think Tauru is a forward)
Agree with Tauru a forward, from the little I've seen.

I see him as CHF that gets up the ground that gives the team a strong target in the air but will really compete at ground as well. Get back in defence and help out. His kicking in his senior debut from 2023 looked better than the vision this year. Was kicking on both feet.

He has looked good leading from deep in the forward line as well.

Really hope we pick him up. Would love to get Tauru and FOS somehow, plus Hannaford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picking Noble for coach would be the biggest mistake i would think.
I've run this one over pointlessly in my head quite a bit.

I defended him at the time on the ill-founded basis that there was no way a coach could take such a backwards step in his progression without an obvious cause. But then when we look at it just at a slightly deeper level based on observations from any given interview:

Fairly awkward communicator

No warmth to speak of

Slightly smarmy way about him. Not overt, but enough beneath the surface

And whoever interviewed him at the club was satisfied he was the man to lead and form meaningful relationships with a bunch of young men, over whoever else was available at the time. I just cannot grasp how we did that. Do we know how human relationships work? Are we aware of the distinction between administrative and personal roles, and that a senior coach requires a bit from column A and a whole lot from column B?

The incompetence at the club really ran quite deeply, and boy did we pay for it

My opinion (with no intel) is that we are trying for 1 of 2 scenarios:

1 - Tauru, Houston, Trainor
2 - Tauru, Travaglia, Trainor

I really think we’re trying to fix our backline in one hit. (and I think Tauru is a forward)
Tauru purely so we can shout rooooooo when he marks it.

I defended him at the time on the ill-founded basis that there was no way a coach could take such a backwards step in his progression without an obvious cause. But then when we look at it just at a slightly deeper level based on observations from any given interview:

No warmth to speak of

And whoever interviewed him at the club was satisfied he was the man to lead and form meaningful relationships with a bunch of young men, over whoever else was available at the time. I just cannot grasp how we did that. Do we know how human relationships work? Are we aware of the distinction between administrative and personal roles, and that a senior coach requires a bit from column A and a whole lot from column B?

I am glad its fixed now . Onwards and upwards from here.

No warmth to speak of

Oh add the Paul Roos consultancy to my list. The ****ing charlatan

So I was having a deconstructed frappe mocha soy almond oat full cream milk from a snow fox latte this afternoon down at some fancy establishment in Black Rock with the owner of the dog that went to the same puppy school as former marathon runner Steve Moneghetti‘s dog many years ago.
Now he told me that his mums house cleaners cousins aunties uncles father Greg was saying that George is in fact very happy and that there’s nothing to worry about.

Make of that what you will.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back