List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

There's obviously been a call made that we need to start making significant improvements now and are therefore valuing our draft picks for next year at a discount for the benefit of fast tracking a year.

Can't say I'm fully against it. Who knows what the right course of action is from here, we're almost in uncharted territory.
I’m cautiously for it; others have pointed out improvement means a more attractive destination for free agents and trades, so any ‘unders’ in selling futures can be made up in other list mechanisms

F1 for 13 and 23 or 29, maybe?

13 and 29 would value F1 at pick 6

13 and 23 would be ~pick 5

Add some later bits and pieces to whet their appetite?

F1 for #13 & #23

#25 for Daniel
#44 for Parker
#67 for Darling
#2 for O'Sullivan
#13 for Tauru
#23 for a KPF

Or do they want #13 & #23 for Houston?

I’m cautiously for it; others have pointed out improvement means a more attractive destination for free agents and trades, so any ‘unders’ in selling futures can be made up in other list mechanisms
I'm for it, unless it goes wrong, in which case I reserve the right to be against it

Have heard that a complex 4 team trade was discussed over the weekend, involves Richmond-Freo-WC and us.

Obviously centers around Bolton & Baker going to Freo and WC but also involves us sliding down the order and shifting some picks in the later rounds to potentially facilitate The Daniel & Parker trades.

I'll be very curious to see if it comes to fruition.

We've been too shit for too long. Historical levels of shitness all around.

I'm in the Trade For Immediate Improvement camp, but we can't allow ourselves to be outright ripped off in the process. The only kind of exception is our F1. I'd actually prefer we just get rid of the pick so that then all focus from everyone can be on how good we can be next year without that distraction. Bleh. It's possible the club has broken me a little.
You’re trading our future 1st so the members can focus on footy?
I doubt anyone on the playing list is looking at the draft wondering if a saviour is coming in.

Have heard that a complex 4 team trade was discussed over the weekend, involves Richmond-Freo-WC and us.

Obviously centers around Bolton & Baker going to Freo and WC but also involves us sliding down the order and shifting some picks in the later rounds to potentially facilitate The Daniel & Parker trades.

Pick 6 plus something else of significance would be our target there, you'd think.

MEGATRADE!!!!!!!
it's happening.gif

You’re trading our future 1st so the members can focus on footy?
I doubt anyone on the playing list is looking at the draft wondering if a saviour is coming in.
Football department, not players.

But yes, also the members lol. Like I said, I'm a little broken right now by the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's obviously been a call made that we need to start making significant improvements now and are therefore valuing our draft picks for next year at a discount for the benefit of fast tracking a year.

Can't say I'm fully against it. Who knows what the right course of action is from here, we're almost in uncharted territory.
I don't like it.

It is costing teams a fortune to move future picks into this year and next year we have a heap of spuds out of contract. We are going to need some decent picks to replace them.

We don’t even know if he wants to come to the club?

What’s batshit crazy is wanting to take unders for a small sugar hit.

It’s called a rebuild. This is the time to stock up on talent.

All I have heard on this board for the better part of a week is let’s overpay for a player and let undervalue what we have as far as draft capital.

With or without Houston, it’s unlikely we push out of the bottom four.

People just need to be patient.

With the draft points value dropping for later picks next year, that first is going to become highly valuable with these clubs needing to find points. But let’s piss it away for a half eaten twistie.
1980s horror film GIF by Wallows

Argument could be made that as fans we’re fretting because the F1 is likely a top 5 and exceedingly valuable - while the club thinks the top 5 are simply the next crop of elite mids and we’re already well sorted for those and are now addressing the rest of the field by whatever means necessary.

We simply have to trust and back Sheez Wardlaw McKercher LDU Powell and Duursma to be an elite group when they’re mature.

Lot of KPP and positional talent from 10-25 most drafts and our already banked elite mids give us leverage over those who desperately need access.

Any move that legitimately keeps them happy and contracted / helps them develop / pushes the club up the ladder / improves FA-trade recruitment going forward .. I’m thinking we’re ready to take, even if it’s a bit scary.

Melbourne to swoop in late with Pick 9 for Houston I reckon!
If Houston goes to Melbourne he has rocks in his head.

I’m generally over all things list management the only thing I’m not 100% on is say for example Kako gets bid on and Bombers need to use a plethora of later round picks to be equal to the points denomination of the pick Kako is bid on, do Essendon need to have the amount of list spots available of all the picks they have stockpiled or can they just stock pile as many picks as they like?

Football department, not players.

But yes, also the members lol. Like I said, I'm a little broken right now by the club.
I hear ya,
I simply don't trust any staff member at the club at the moment. They need to show drastic improvement. I honestly can't believe how uncompetitive they are, and yet we seem to just think next year will be better.
we've picked up Darling who can't leap, and still stuffing around with Parker. yet still haven't addressed glaring needs like pressure forwards, something needs to change.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back