List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Hopefully we walk away from Daniel now.
If 13 gets us Houston I'm happy enough losing f1.
Wonder if the suggestion on the WB board is true, that we asked WB to cover a small part of his salary going forward.

We wouldn't be finished if that's the case, surely.

I don't love involving pick 25 in it, but if we're just downgrading 25 to 30-35 after f/s, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

This would be peak Norf.

Trade for the assets for Houston and he turns around and says sorry not interested.
I'm excited for Brady to come out and go "we are really hoping to be right up there with the interested parties 👉👈" while Houston has Steve Buscemi'd us off the list in lipstick

Lel TR said that Huston doesn’t want to go to north.

Welcome Dan!

potentially he doesn’t.

Or it is Collingwood using Morris in an attempt to discourage North to get 13.

Or Houston’s management feeding Morris that, without directly saying it to North, in order to force his more favoured outcome directly?

Wishful thinking from my end, I’m unsure how much media is used as leverage, but I’d say it plays a part.

i'm happy to do brady's job for free

whatever they pay brady give it to other staff

i'll get better results
The problem is ol' mate is what you and 95% of this forum don't understand is;

1. the amount of negotiation that has to be done with not just the other 17 clubs, the specific club you want a player from.
2. then the player who your chasing needs to make a decision to leave their best friends at a club they grew up at and come to a bottom two club for half a f**ken decade like ours.
3. then the player has to agree to our terms and fit them in our salary cap (unless your Geelong or Collingwood) but also take into account the salary cap in 2/3/4 years time as our young guns like Sheez will affect the cap massively going forward with big pay rises.
4. then we actually need to work out a strategy of what we can offer up to satisfy the club your dealing with and to work out how it affects our draft strategy too.

So no matter what the keyboard warriors like us think about winning or losing a trade, the bottom line is the amount of work done behind the scenes to even get a look in at a trade is bloody enormous.

I don't necessarily agree with the Snoz on some things but I sure as hell know how much work goes into this stuff, not 'why don't we just offer pick 150 for the Bont, Snoz is a moron' shit that gets spewed out constantly - ever - ****ing - year.

Oh.. and..

No, you couldn't do Brady's job, you would battle to do his shoelaces up..

Wonder if the suggestion on the WB board is true, that we asked WB to cover a small part of his salary going forward.

I don't love involving pick 25 in it, but if we're just downgrading 25 to 30-35 after f/s, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

That makes a lot more sense in relation to picks but doesn't make sense on the other hand as why wouldn't we just pay it all and trade a lesser pick?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1. the amount of negotiation that has to be done with not just the other 17 clubs, the specific club you want a player from.
2. then the player who your chasing needs to make a decision to leave their best friends at a club they grew up at and come to a bottom two club for half a f**ken decade like ours.
3. then the player has to agree to our terms and fit them in our salary cap (unless your Geelong or Collingwood) but also take into account the salary cap in 2/3/4 years time as our young guns like Sheez will affect the cap massively going forward with big pay rises.
4. then we actually need to work out a strategy of what we can offer up to satisfy the club your dealing with and to work out how it affects our draft strategy too.

So no matter what the keyboard warriors like us think about winning or losing a trade, the bottom line is the amount of work done behind the scenes to even get a look in at a trade is bloody enormous.

I don't necessarily agree with the Snoz on some things but I sure as hell know how much work goes into this stuff, not 'why don't we just offer pick 150 for the Bont, Snoz is a moron' shit that gets spewed out constantly - ever - ****ing - year.

Oh.. and..

Is it really that hard to overpay for spuds and get unders on your capital?

I think you are overrating the Rawlings Recruitment method. He should release a book on his method that includes a mega tube of lube.

Brady/Sherm, get off BF and offer up our F1 for Daniel. I wanna test my blood pressure.
I think Brady should just go full ******** and give the Sydney knob Pick 2 for Parker.

Just instantly bullet this club to the head instead of having to go through another era of mid table crapness.

It certainly seems that in our desperation to improve, we are setting ourselves up for some terrible decisions.
Pick 25 should not be involved in a trade for Daniel. Walk away.
Future first (potentially pick 2-5) should be no where near a trade for pick 13 or Houston. Walk away.
I get the need for improvement but to overpay makes us look weak and desperate.
Get Parker over the line and split pick 2 for 2 great picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh.. and..

I hear you, and I accept you, and I understand your point.

I don't think the Dogs would accept #150 for Bontempelli though.

Is it really that hard to overpay for spuds and get unders on your capital?

I think you are overrating the Rawlings Recruitment method. He should release a book on his method that includes a mega tube of lube.
No you're right.

We've got so many options of players climbing over their managers to get to us..

Of course we've got to pay overs to get someone across the line, do I agree with it?.. no, but it's the cold, hard truth when you're a big pile of steaming shit like we've been for the past 5 years..

It certainly seems that in our desperation to improve, we are setting ourselves up for some terrible decisions.
Pick 25 should not be involved in a trade for Daniel. Walk away.
Future first (potentially pick 2-5) should be no where near a trade for pick 13 or Houston. Walk away.
I get the need for improvement but to overpay makes us look weak and desperate.
Get Parker over the line and split pick 2 for 2 great picks.
Why be sensible when you can go nuclear in one trade period and blow up all the pain of the rebuild in two weeks in a fit of desperation.

No you're right.

We've got so many options of players climbing over their managers to get to us..

Of course we've got to pay overs to get someone across the line, do I agree with it?.. no, but it's the cold, hard truth when you're a big pile of steaming shit like we've been for the past 5 years..
We have been a steaming pile of shit for 5 years because the Noble era was a total cluster ****.

We restart to rebuild the right way and everyone now wants to blow it up for their sugar hit.

I hope these same people don’t complain when we go through that mid table doom cycle because we have talent gaps.

Players will only come when this talent matures and we start to climb. Until then make sensible deals for experience and go to the draft to get top end talent in areas of need.

I get that everyone is impatient after 5 years of being a turd, but what is an extra year or two to get the final pay off for doing it sensibly?

It’s so bizarre. We shouldn’t be ‘paying’ anyone real cash, so why would this be a point of contention from our brains trust…?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back