List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

True, but that's hardly a mess of Brady's making, as some seem to be implying. Dunno, the personal attacks on here just rub me the wrong way a bit. Spose it comes with the territory of supporting a shit team during a trade period
We are desperate because our list sucks, and he's the list manager. We can't blame Luff and co for the old mistakes and then Clarko and Viney for the current ones. Reality is we need to improve now and our list is shocking, so the club seems to be behaving in a way that reflects that situation.

I don't get into personal attacks on particular staff members but do agree eventually the heat comes from supporters in such times.

i don’t mind missing out on Houston. would of filled a need, but we would of paid overs for him.

E Richards is a free agent next year, so we could target him and keep our future first round pick for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disappointed as well, but the calling price was too much. Just got to rise up the ladder to stop overpaying for people to come.

True, but that's hardly a mess of Brady's making, as some seem to be implying. Dunno, the personal attacks on here just rub me the wrong way a bit. Spose it comes with the territory of supporting a shit team during a trade period

Don't worry, those posting this stuff have actually contributed more to the club than three time best and fairest 200+ game player Brady Rawlings, its what gives them the authority do this.

They would all obviously say it to his face, however their uncle who works at Nintendo is coming at any time in which they could actually front him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the Daniel trade is dead but for the love of all that is sacred if it has to be a 2nd by itself make it the future one. It’ll end up the same value as the mooted offer this morning.

Alright brady I’m taking over
44 for Parker and konstanty done deal

Walk away from all other deals

Split pick 2 with tigers for 6 and 10/11

They then get Lalor and FOS

We get a KPF and Tauru

You have never seen him play. I don't believe you've even watched his YouTube highlights.
Just remember cheap is good.

You have never seen him play. I don't believe you've even watched his YouTube highlights.
Don't even need highlight reels when you can recruit off the 'vibe'..

Savant levels.

I would have liked Houston. He would have turned one of biggest weaknesses into a strength. But the way we were going about it, ...k me, thanks GC, you were clearly intimidated by our stupidity.

Just keep our F1!!!!! Stop try to trade out a pick we'll need next year for peanuts.
Get Parker for a fair price
Try and split 2
No Daniel or rejects
Go to the draft

We are desperate because our list sucks, and he's the list manager. We can't blame Luff and co for the old mistakes and then Clarko and Viney for the current ones. Reality is we need to improve now and our list is shocking, so the club seems to be behaving in a way that reflects that situation.

I don't get into personal attacks on particular staff members but do agree eventually the heat comes from supporters in such times.
That's a slight oversimplification imo. The nitty gritty is that many, many people who either have been or are now at the club hold some level of responsibility for where the club is. That includes Brady, as he seems to be averse to drafting a pure key forward and/or a small forward, which is ****ing shit, but that gaping hole in the 1992-1997 demographic that we now seem to be scrambling to fix ain't his work.

Also think our playing group gets away with a lot on here. 4 wins in 44. Do we have a best 23 player as shit as any of Melbourne's bottom 3 players in this game? Pink maybe?
nj.png

Guys like Brady cop tons of heat when ultimately our playing group seems to be averse to many of the things that make a good football team. I just think the criticism seems unfairly distributed.

If the playing group were able to fix a couple of its more fatal flaws, (non-negotiable effort, purging of the loser belief, really striving to achieve cohesion with teammates in off-field meetings and reducingthe headless chook stuff, improving endurance and strength standards to well past the expected minimum) with Brady in charge of the list until whenever, we'd see great, booming positive changes. Flip that around ie. sack Brady for the next coming of Stephen Wells and keep everything else status quo in the hope of this mystical natural progression which bears fruit for normal rebuilds but seems to have eluded us, and I doubt we'd see much change

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back