List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
15-10-24 - Pick TradeStKilda & BrisbaneBrisbane receives St Kilda's R2 (27) Pick
St Kilda receives Brisbane's R2 (32,45) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Reeks of desperation on our behalf. We want to be seen to be in the fight even though we are obviously the last choice.
Becuase some media person wants to frame it this way that means we are desperate?

Reeks of desperation on our behalf. We want to be seen to be in the fight even though we are obviously the last choice.

Gotta disagree. This isn’t waiting until the night is done because one of the drunk chicks might bite. There’s a finite amount of elite players up for grabs in any window.

We’re in the dance because we’ve been asked to stay. Melbourne were asked to leave, so were the Saints. Like any player that comes into our club, most probably with dreams of other colours, we make them love us til death do we part.

It's the benefit of not publicly nominating a club.

Didn't hurt Joe Daniher, Josh Dunkley etc that they didn't get to the club they originally wanted to go to. I'm sure Dan will be just fine if he comes here.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Dunkley probably has welts from pinching himself so much, the way his trade turned out.

I just turned on trade radio and heard LDU being mentioned by Kane in a trade scenario but only just heard the tail end which made no sense. Can anyone give me context?

I think offering up a F1 (likely top 5 pick), when most other clubs are around the pick 10 shows a high level of desperation.

The funny thing is they keep saying we’ll trade that F1 into this draft for the exact same pick the other clubs are putting up.

Like him or not the Corn has a lot of pull.
Well I don't like him - especially after his personal attack earlier this year.

In fact, I loathe him. Despise is another emotion that comes to mind.

He's filth in my opinion.

Just to be clear.

I just turned on trade radio and heard LDU being mentioned by Kane in a trade scenario but only just heard the tail end which made no sense. Can anyone give me context?
Melb getting rid of Oliver and chasing LDU via FA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which apparently in Houston's case, we threaten him with every hour on the hour once he enters North-administered indentured servitude

Sounds like a fun sexy time for all involved.

I think offering up a F1 (likely top 5 pick), when most other clubs are around the pick 10 shows a high level of desperation.
Let's wait and see the deal.
We have no idea what it is yet.
Idk folks in here kick the club for missing big fish.
Then when we get one kick the club for some other arbitrary reason.

what else are you supposed to do? Offer a lower bid than them? That's a pretty dumb way to try to get a deal done.

Much like that one tweet trying to frame this situation as dan being forced, there's a whole bunch of people on here desperate to frame every move we make as catastrophic.

Throwing the net back out? Is this because of our past poor attempts to land a BIG FISH? The only way we land Houston is if he beaches himself and we just happen to be ambling along the foreshore and pick him up and run back to Arden St with him. Show some class here North they are seriously laughing at us and using us as click bait.

Not entirely true.

We have always said we’re happy to sign him until a deal was done.

The reality is we didn’t say shit last night

We should have done that several days ago
Why would we do that?
We know we have the best offer.

It’s up to Pies and or Blues to get a deal done.

Look at the state of our list.
Now we want to show pride and backbone?

If AA calibre talent and senior players are interested in getting to us, get on all fours and do what you can to get it done.

Like I said. We need a shit tone of luck to go our way for once.
Houston in sees us playing finals inside 24 months maximum.

I'm expecting a hostage handover type scenario.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Brady
Gun Neon Rated GIF by NEON

The disconnect between what fans believe is a good deal and what clubs believe is a good deal seems to be growing. Perhaps this is a reflection of the changing nature of the market as draft picks continue to be devalued through opening up of future trading along with the increasing compromised nature of the draft

Last edited:
The disconnect between what fans believe is a good deal and what clubs believe is a good deal seems to be growing. Perhaps this is a reflection of the changing nature of the market as draft picks and the devaluation of draft picks through opening up future trading along with the increasing compromised nature of the draft
The fact that there are multiple clubs that simply don’t need draft picks because they have exclusive access to a pipeline of talent has ****ed the trading landscape.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back