List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
15-10-24 - Pick TradeStKilda & BrisbaneBrisbane receives St Kilda's R2 (27) Pick
St Kilda receives Brisbane's R2 (32,45) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

The Media can GAGF.

And TBH if this guy comes to us he's going to land with some baggage in my eyes about the means in which he gets to us.

What is he going to say in a media conference " Yeah look, I really wanted to get to Carlton and then the Pies, but I just couldn't stand living in Adelaide any longer so I suppose you'll do"
He wants to come to Vic, he won't be "forced to play for North" that's just Edmund dribbling. If he didn't want to come to North the door would have been shut but it's definitely still open.

The media narrative favours the big clubs.
The content isn’t designed for us.

It’s only right that Houston lands at the Pies or Carlton.

Sammy Edmund is so dismissive of us with his bias and even that campaigner on SEN who does the 6PM shift with Cooney sees us as irrelevant.

We are so disrespected in the media landscape and sadly, what right do we have not to be?

For all the headaches we have right now just remember the recruitment teams job was made so much harder because we decided to phone in the last 2 and a bit games.

At 7:30PM tomorrow night if we proceed to not land the majority of our targets then save your venom for the playing group round 1 if we’re so upset.
The club can’t change the way it’s perceived by the footy world overnight.

Why would we do that?
We know we have the best offer.

It’s up to Pies and or Blues to get a deal done.

Look at the state of our list.
Now we want to show pride and backbone?

If AA calibre talent and senior players are interested in getting to us, get on all fours and do what you can to get it done.

Like I said. We need a shit tone of luck to go our way for once.
Houston in sees us playing finals inside 24 months maximum.
Idk how folks get to desperate.
We made our offer a week ago and just sat back and let other clubs deals implode.
If we upped our offer to something crazy like f1 and 2 I would agree but we have no word of that.

I must say I’m surprised at the lack of currency our F1 seems to have.

Surprised. It's given me a nice little kick up the bum, though. Maybe our list build is going better than our results suggest, according to the other clubs.

I feel Gridiron & Baseball (their national sport) are probably placed higher over there.

East Coast is 100% this. Every where except LA on the West.

As pies fans, Niall, Ryan and Gleeson write endlessly about Collingwood - and break a decent yarn once a year. Delist.

Can confirm Jake is a Collingwood fan for those questioning it.

We made our offer a week ago and just sat back and let other clubs deals implode.
If we upped our offer to something crazy like f1 and 2 I would agree but we have no word of that.
No less people taking port board rumours as gospel.

Fans here have decided that brady is crap, look for any scrap that proves that.

There is 3 alternatives here in 2 scenarios.

1st scenario is Pies cough up enough to get a deal done that satisfies Port.
Or Carlton come back and use pick 3 to wrestle back the deal.

The other scenario is Port and Pies stop talking and then we step up and get a trade done.

Until those talks fail we can’t do much else.

It sucks to be in this position but that’s just the way it is.

I think we may have played this well.
We put in an offer far higher than Pies or blues could match.
Then just sat back with our offer in the back of ports mind's they would never accept the others and if by chance they did Pies or blues would be paying more than they wanted. Today was always the deadline. Need 24 hours to get our ducks in a row.
Now let's see what our offer is.
Fingers crossed it's not crazy and we get a good player.
Geez mate you’re not towing the line with this positive slant..

Go back and edit the post, and throw in something about CCj and a second rounder, that should calm everyone back down. 👍

Y I feel like he will still end up at Carlton

Probably as their Coach was an assistant at the Power and, given the likelihood of a bad situation they would probably prefer a small win to 'one of their own' rather than Collingwood, in the weird Zone 3-like Porrta world - which kinda works.

I think offering up a F1 (likely top 5 pick), when most other clubs are around the pick 10 shows a high level of desperation.

Simply shows that because of where we are, we have to pay more, nothing new about that. We still have a choice though so up to the Club to decide if we want to pay premium or hit the draft again

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez mate you’re not towing the line with this positive slant..

Go back and edit the post, and throw in something about CCj and a second rounder, that should calm everyone back down. 👍
I really want Houston.
I don't really care how we negotiate.
It's not Vic market with randoms shouting prices at us or some Bali bazaar that you think you got a great deal at but 5 minutes later you realise they pinched your phone and camera.
Just get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes believes Carlton landing pick three from West Coast will see them finish as one of the winners of the trade period.
The mooted deal " which could go through " on Tuesday sees the Blues handing over picks 12, 14 and forward Matt Owies for three.

Hoj taps the sign 👉👉👉

Last edited:
Everyone seems convinced that we made the best offer for Houston but nobody can accurately and credibly say what that offer is or whether it is still on the table (if it was ever formally offered). We are relying upon the least believable characters in the football media who are known for trawling Twitter for their scoops.

NORTH OR PORT? POWER URGED TO GIVE HOUSTON ULTIMATUM

Tim Michell

Former Port Adelaide midfielder Kane Cornes has urged the club to tell Dan Houston he won’t be traded to Collingwood.

Amid reports the Power board stepped in to kybosh a deal between the Power, Gold Coast and Magpies on Monday which would have sent Houston to Collingwood, Cornes urged the Power to hold Houston if he wasn’t willing to be traded to North Melbourne.

The Roos have a future first-round pick on the table as part of their offer for Houston and have presented the best offer to Port Adelaide during the trade period.

“The only option for Port Adelaide is to tell Dan Houston, you are not going to Collingwood. The deal is too hard to get done. If you want to get to Victoria, you can go to North Melbourne, or you can stay here,” Cornes told Trade Radio.

He added: “It was an amazing deal for Collingwood. If Collingwood could have pulled this off, essentially, a future first for Dan Houston and some steak knives, 36, Joe Richards and John Noble…it was an amazing deal for Collingwood.

“I was racking my brain on this, and I was like, ‘why Rory Atkins?’ The only thing I thought was, well maybe you get Lukosius cheaper. I was thinking Port Adelaide would get Lukosius, Atkins, Richards and pick 13 and only give Houston.

Then when I read they were giving their future first pick as well, I was like, ‘no way’. I was so outraged by it. I couldn’t work it out.”

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back