Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

McDonald, Fisher, Stephens eating cap space for yeeeaars to come.

C grade footballers getting B grade contracts.

Absolutely ****s you.
FFS they won’t be eating up cap space.

Front ended contracts at 500k pa are likely to be 200-250k at the end of their deals.

Ain’t an issue at all, and they’ve probably already been paid 2 years worth.

That being the case, you'd think our case is further strengthened by the fact that Port won't want to see Houston go to what they perceive to be their direct competitors. Our offer just has to be on the level with the other two, and surely they will pick us?

With that in mind, Leppitsch's arrogance yesterday was mindboggling.
The pies can afford to be arrogant......dealing with a completely different deck than us

Yeh unfortunately a crush isn't worth much when it's one way.

Story of my life..

Edit: shit can't delete the 2nd paragraph
I have typically been on the other side of this. On reflection picking the more glamours types has left me heartbroken, financially broken, mentally broken. Be wary Dan. Be wary. Norths love might be just what you need.

It seems the key to us getting Houston means getting pick 13 off Gold Coast which basically puts Collingwood out of the race. So, how do we turn Gold Coasts head without selling ourselves short?

Obviously Gold Coasts picks 6 and 13 for our 2 would be a logical and fair outcome for both parties as pick 2 gets Gold Coast ahead of any Lombard bids, but Gold Coast seem to have pick 6 earmarked for Rioli (no idea why). SO it's probably not workable.

The there's our future first. Maybe we could trade that for pick 13 and their future first? Problem is, whilst that might give us a better chance of getting Houston, it doesn't give us an additional pick in this years draft. However if we were to get all of Parker, Daniel and Houston, maybe we wouldn't need the extra pick given the number of list spots available?
Collingwood seems to be offering their F1 and Noble for pick 13. That is fairly close to our F1. Would you say Noble and pick 15 is the same as pick 5? And what if we finally improve and our pick ends up being closer to 10?

I think we are no chance of getting GC's F1 back in this deal. Zero.

FFS they won’t be eating up cap space.

Front ended contracts at 500k pa are likely to be 200-250k at the end of their deals.

Ain’t an issue at all, and they’ve probably already been paid 2 years worth.
Some people don't understand frontloading contracts, either that or they just want to complain about nothing.

Without wanting to upset the likes of the club mouth pieces like AnEmptyChair...

Every scenario mentioned in media at the moment all results in us overpaying, for what exactly?

Dan Houston for a few seasons. Unreal....

Without wanting to upset the likes of the club mouth pieces like AnEmptyChair...

Every scenario mentioned in media at the moment all results in us overpaying, for what exactly?
For Caleb Daniel, who played in a flag eight years ago and is now a fringe player at a chronically underachieving club, because we need another unaccountable HB who can’t defend.

How do you not see this? The best way to improve is to make questionable list and trade decisions on top of previous questionable list and trade decisions.

To replace Lazarro and Cooper Harvey types with blokes who have a track record of success in the game.

We have one bloke on our list who has played finals I reckon - LMac and now Darling.

Maybe Tucker or Logue snuck one or two in.

That's what - and the fact is noone wants to come here unless there's a little added motivation.

I think the aim is to break the cycle, be competitive and get more wins next season.

I think the aim is to break the cycle, be competitive and get more wins next season.

And then just drop back to perennial mid table afterwards?

A bunch of great young players (Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma) in their early and mid 20's with very little else around them?

Sounds like Essendon or St Kilda.

What was all this worth for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting the trade, free agency and draft period from scratch with the list needs and draft assets we have, what moves are you making if your list manager this year?

Starting the trade, free agency and draft period from scratch with the list needs and draft assets we have, what moves are you making if your list manager this year?

No problem with the Parker pickup, it is fine (depending on final trade value).

Any other pro that wants to come over for 1 or 2 season that costs nothing. I guess Darling fits this discription, even if I think he's completely cooked.

Split the Pick 2 and if they really want to, trade the F1 into the top 5 (if that is their intention)

Do whatever you can to take 5 selections in this years top 30.

It seems like we are happy with 2 (a huge mistake)

There's an absolute bundle of tall prospects that could be pivotal to our long term prospects, all available between 15-30.

We need (young) small forwards and talls to come through with the rest of our side, to ensure we have a long term tilt at a flag.

We don't need half back flankers (again). We need to back in what we have drafted and develop them.

READER QUESTIONS:

• From Vince: What’s happening at the Bombers this trade period?
  • From Matlock: Realistically, what is the best outcome North Melbourne could get from sliding back from pick two?
MARC MCGOWAN: It’s a two-fold question – there’s a reason why we’re answering these two questions in two.

I think one of the potential things Essendon could look to do is try and deal with a North Melbourne or a West Coast who are both open to splitting [with picks] – North Melbourne pick two, West Coast pick three.

The reason Essendon would be a good candidate for that is because they have a really talented NGA (next generation academy) kid Isaac Kako, who has just shot up draft boards. He’s a really dangerous, exciting, small forward. Melbourne is potentially very interested, I think it will land at pick six and that would be ahead of Essendon. That would force Essendon’s hand and they’d have to use their first pick, which at the moment is at nine, just behind St Kilda’s two picks.

The alternative would be for Essendon to jump ahead of Melbourne, which would allow them to get a pick in before they had to match a bid for Kako. That’s definitely another option.

The thing that needs to be factored in here is North Melbourne don’t need another midfielder. They’ve got such a deep group of young talented midfielders. This draft is dominated by midfielders at the top. Everything I’m hearing is that North Melbourne likes a kid called Alix Tauru, who is an intercept defender, a 191cm intercept defender. No-one else has him as high as potentially North Melbourne would. By sliding back (in the order} they can probably still get Tauru with a later pick. But they might also be able to get a future first round pick, so that’s clearly what North Melbourne is thinking.
I felt like after hearing Brady yesterday unless he was just making shit up, that we don’t really want future picks and that we are looking to fast forward that draft into this draft - then next season really going for more elite high profile established talent.

Dan Houston wants to play for Carlton, he absolutely wants to play for the Blues,” Edmund told SEN Mornings.

This should tell us enough. His heart is at Carlton already. Even if we somehow snagged him chances are he just requests a trade to the blues next year lol.

just because we’ve got him rated higher than most, that doesn’t necessarily mean shit based on our history. In fact, I dare say we’re better off following the grain and going for the highest rated talented. I’ll double down and say, let’s give Goad a break. Even that Walker the Carlton supporter brought up. Taylor, Mahony, that MSD kp kid. Recently, we haven’t been able to develop much unless they are a lock in the top tier part of the draft.

I’m unsure, I know we need talls, but until I see Dawson and Goad develop - I’m really not certain we can develop these project or elite physical trait types at all.

Xerri and Larkey don’t count.

Well aware. My comment was not just about what we gave up at the draft but contract length and $. From my what I've been told he is on over 600k which is ridiculous for a bottom 8 player in our side.
Who else are we gonna spend that money on?

If Wil Dawson turns into an elite backman then we might be happy saying the price we paid to secure him was having Fisher on the list for a few years.

You don't even know what is being offered so how can you say that? Guesswork

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think the comment is based on the fact that Brady has actually mentioned that our future first is on the table for the Houston deal.

Most realists would accept that that could be anywhere from Pick 1-4.

The super optimistic are the only ones thinking this pick turns into a Pick around the 5-8 mark. But they were also the same people thinking we would win 8-10 games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back