Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (67) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Name a single time us waving around a wad of cash to turn a players head has actually worked for us.

just one time.

Name one time picking up these fringe midtier C grade players has actually worked for us.

It’s Clarko doing the pitching this time as well and I actually don’t think we went hard enough historically with the money. Clubs are offering increased years at present, we should offer the opposite. 3 year @ $1.7m.

logue played in 2 finals for freo, tucker and fisher with zero finals. dylan stephen’s played in 3 finals with the swans including a grand final. whilst corr has played in 7 finals for the giants. stephenson leads everyone with 8 finals for the pies.
Yeah can see why we would want All Australians who’ve played in Premierships ie Daniel, Darling, Rohan, Parker and then Houston when that’s the experience we are throwing at leading this list to the promised land.

That's an obvious answer I agree, but unfortunately you need to add north v Coll in the mix too.... we know it's not equal or fair

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Trade value is trade value.

It shouldn’t matter to Port where it comes from.

We shouldn’t have to pay more in trade value because we aren’t called Collingwood.

Sure it factors into a players decision to pick a preferred club, but not the trade itself. If anything a team like Port should be asking for more off Collingwood because they are in direct competition for a top 8 spot next year.

Why give up an asset to a direct competitor and also give them a discount because of how big a club they are?

Name one time picking up these fringe midtier C grade players has actually worked for us.

It’s Clarko doing the pitching this time as well and I actually don’t think we went hard enough historically with the money. Clubs are offering increased years at present, we should offer the opposite. 3 year @ $1.7m.
Mercs are not the way out.

We went so hard with the cash offers and them not working that we wound up with this:

North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

Under Brad, even when we were kinda winning games we were not an attractive destination.

Right not we are not winning games and trading on the potential of half a dozen players who may be able to put something together. However we are probably half a decade from really knowing what we have.

As to offering $1.7 for 3, the article on that practically writes itself.

Today, Player X has accepted terms with Big Melbourne club for 6 years with around $900k a year. Play X " I am just looking forward to getting to Melbourne and playing big games on the MCG, while my wife, her sister and half of her cousins will all be taking cush jobs with Big Melbourne club sponsors".

Player X turned down an almost unheard of lucrative offer from the Kangaroos, with their god father offer of $1.7m for 3 seasons which would have seen Player X become the highest paid player in the game. Player X " Yeah the $1.7 for my self would have been nice but realistically this sorts my whole family out and the assurances I have been given about post football life from big Melbourne club cannot really compare, also sub 7k attendances in the Hobart in winter? not even for the lolz."

I'd call him speculative. We recruited him as a defender based off a small sample of games at Carlton in this position. And we gave him an extended run in this position to see if he can make it. St Kilda did a similar thing with Riley Bonner, he played 19 games but still got axed. Is Fisher worth persisting with? We kind of have to, we have him for another three years.
He can play multiple positions is quick and a good user of the ball. All things we need in the side. If Fisher plays VFL for us for two years then good. It means we've improved and still have depth.

The Fisher trade doesn't exist on its own. It enabled us to get pick 17(22) in the draft - we effectively moved up seven picks because of it. At worst it means for the next three years our 25-35 ranked players are better than they would have been and we have Wil Dawson. At best he becomes an effective first 23 player as we move up the ladder. And we still have Wil Dawson.

Sounds eerily similar to the Cam situation
I expect an LDU re-signing in March/April or possibly even earlier around Dec/Jan, as per his previous extensions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way overs for Noble.

Alex Neale-Bullen was traded for Pick #28 yesterday and is a better player than Noble regardless if f the future first which could be between 12-18 if they get their shit together.

If Collingwood bounce up the ladder next year means they are making out like bandits.

Gold Coast really don’t give a shit about draft picks.

Way overs for Noble.

Alex Neale-Bullen was traded for Pick #28 yesterday and is a better player than Noble regardless if f the future first which could be between 12-18 if they get their shit together.

If Collingwood bounce up the ladder next year means they are making out like bandits.

Gold Coast really don’t give a shit about draft picks.
Yeah this. Noble is a disgustingly bad footballer

Watch Carlton and Collingwood sell their souls for that pick 13 (up to 15) and then get told by port it's not enough.

Yeah this. Noble is a disgustingly bad footballer
I wouldn’t say he’s disgusting, I would take him at North over some of our rebounding defenders.

But I also wouldn’t be offering anything near the value they think the Suns will give up.

Gold Coast continuing to compromise drafts by giving shit away to the big clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back