Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

This is a recent development too.

Houston really wants to move but Port are being incredibly difficult with its demands. Especially when it's dealing with us.

We've given up on that race it seems. Would have to be a significant change in demands from Port for us to bite.

Let's just somehow get Gold Coasts pick 13 and sit back and grin like a Cheshire Cat. 6 and 13 for 2 Brady. Get it done!

So as things stand, there will be two kids on the open market shaping up as better prospects than any those available this year.

It sounds like we'd have to be very pessimistic about our chances of getting out of the bottom 2 in 2025 to fret over trading our F1 into this year's first round then.
there will not be much if any difference between next years top 10 and this years

if there is any difference it would be more the 10-30 range this year compared to next year

Let's just somehow get Gold Coasts pick 13 and sit back and grin like a Cheshire Cat. 6 and 13 for 2 Brady. Get it done!
This was originally the plan for us getting Houston.

One of the later picks were supposed to be used on getting him. I don't think we can get there now but we're still open to splitting Pick 2 as it stands.

It is such a shame that Port are a shit stain of a organisation.

Hahahaha

My source is telling me Port want Pick 2 AND a future second!

Carlton has said piss off. We told them get stuffed. We were confident we could land him but Port are being ****wits. Not so likely anymore as initially thought unfortunately .
You'd expect something back if we're parting with 2, not handing over extras.

I'd love to have him, but I wouldn't be doing that.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You'd expect something back if we're parting with 2, not handing over extras.

I'd love to have him, but I wouldn't be doing that.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Pick 2 alone is completely overs.

We're basically saying we'll give up our current best pick and future draft hand to finish midtable. May as well get Joyces back.

LDU will re-sign regardless of whether or not we have Houston.

This narrative that we'll lose LDU, or some other quality player if we don't start giving up 1st rounders for established players is finding a reason to get worked up that is not based in reality.

The club is moving in the right direction and the players know it.
all the talk is he needs to see genuine improvement next year to resign. i think he'll leave if we're a sub 5 win team again tbh

Well pies aren't going to be able to do that either!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My understanding is there would need to be more than one club to deal with Port.

Port will ask for a first rounder from this year's draft and an additional pick whether it would be a first or second rounder.

Basically, Poort can go **** themselves.

If LDU is judging the club on our trade and draft dealings of this year then we may as well trade him this year.

You don’t trade and draft to keep one player.

That’s such a “the sky is falling” mentality.

You draft and trade to improve the list overall in the short or long term, not to appease a single player.

What would any player, whether it’s LDU or not want? Short term success but never the ultimate or the club setting itself up to have a chance of achieving the ultimate?
again, this is way too simplistic. im not suggesting it's the only reason we get Houston but i think it forms part of the overall picture. and i think it's pretty ****ing naive to not even consider the possibility

the main reason why id be comfortable trading our future first for Houston is that i think its the best thing for our club, our list, and our competitiveness -- and then the flow on effect to LDU is part of that

again, this is way too simplistic. im not suggesting it's the only reason we get Houston but i think it forms part of the overall picture. and i think it's pretty ****ing naive to not even consider the possibility

the main reason why id be comfortable trading our future first for Houston is that i think its the best thing for our club, our list, and our competitiveness -- and then the flow on effect to LDU is part of that
Port don't want our future first though.

They want our first pick in this year's draft AND a future second.

It's completely bullshit. We're not even gonna consider that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no issue with the premise of trading for Houston, if it’s the right cost and in the long term potentially sets us up to win silverware.

I just don’t see why we need to link the move with the retention of LDU.

All LDU should be worried about is that he is getting paid what he needs to get paid, it’s a good environment and the club is legitimately setting itself up for a tilt at a premiership, regardless of wins and loses next year.

Last edited:
Port don't want our future first though.

They want our first pick in this year's draft AND a future second.

It's completely bullshit. We're not even gonna consider that.
If they were a decent club, which they aren’t - they would reflect on the goodwill we showed them trading them the most recent #1 pick at the time that they and his manager basically orchestrated. I’m okay with them wanting a decent price for Houston, previously stated this but it can’t be astronomical.

Do people think LDU wouldn't consider leaving if we're dog shit again next year? He'd be silly not to.
Who is gonna pay him more though? Other clubs will be on a salary cap squeeze when we've got plenty of room.

Plus, we won't have another shit season. Not with Parker and Darling added into the mix.

Do people think LDU wouldn't consider leaving if we're dog shit again next year? He'd be silly not to.

If the offers are coming from StKilda and Essendon, then he'd just be chasing the best deal. It would be a brave gambler who bet the farm on either of those clubs playing off for a spot in a grand final before we do.

Source from the club.

it explains why Carlton are not dealing.
There is a pretty big gulf between Carlton's F1 + F2 (what they were prepared to offer), and pick 2 plus our second rounder.

It makes sense that Port would ask for something like the latter as an ambit claim, but whether they'll settle for less in the fullness of time is another thing.

Collingwood aren't going to offer anywhere near pick 2's value.

But I was reliably informed that we had built a great relationship with Port after the JHF Trade. Apparently it was win / win for everybody. :stern look
That's true. We were on best mates terms but somebody created a thread on bigfooty with the title of "Porta can hum on my nuts" and Kotch got his nose out of joint.

Who is gonna pay him more though? Other clubs will be on a salary cap squeeze when we've got plenty of room.

Plus, we won't have another shit season. Not with Parker and Darling added into the mix.

You’ve literally seen how easily clubs generate cap space this year.

The dogs could clear EASILY 1.5m by shedding Macrae to the Saints, Daniel to us and Smith to the Cats.

Hell, they could probably offload another $500-700k with trading of Lobb.

The pies paid $900k for flipping Harold Perryman or whatever his name is. He’s not half the player LDU is!

Clubs can manoeuvre their cap greater than ever before, and if we start with a 2-10 record by the bye round & LDU can make 95% of the same money but play finals footy, he’s gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back