List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife is a cats supporter so I've been to a lot of cats games last 5 years and I used to think he was shithouse when watching on TV. At the ground though I got a different perspective Rohan does not stop running all game harassing opponents and closing down space, you could tell he runs himself to almost puking the campaigner, he does so much stuff off the ball that frees up his team mates. Is he the most talented? No, but he works his guts out. I could see the benefit for 1-2 years on **** all money to teach our young forwards this is how hard you need to work whether in vfl or afl.
Your probably right but after seeing that scar on his head I think the best thing for him is to retire hurt

My wife is a cats supporter so I've been to a lot of cats games last 5 years and I used to think he was shithouse when watching on TV. At the ground though I got a different perspective Rohan does not stop running all game harassing opponents and closing down space, you could tell he runs himself to almost puking the campaigner, he does so much stuff off the ball that frees up his team mates. Is he the most talented? No, but he works his guts out. I could see the benefit for 1-2 years on **** all money to teach our young forwards this is how hard you need to work whether in vfl or afl.

You poor man

props to the last 24 hours on this thread. From Charlie Curnow to Gary Rohan. The spectrum is vast.

Pov is we don’t see all that; just someone who pops up after the game is iced, which will be an issue for us as we barely get to ice anything, including JHF

Yes lets bring in Darling and Rohan and think it’s going to improve our side and help out the younger guys and just ignore the fact they’re both finished at AFL level and getting worse.

People on here man 😆 then wonder why we win 3 or 4 games every season despite their expectations and predictions continually being higher 😂

Yes lets bring in Darling and Rohan and think it’s going to improve our side and help out the younger guys and just ignore the fact they’re both finished at AFL level and getting worse.

People on here man 😆 then wonder why we win 3 or 4 games every season despite their expectations and predictions continually being higher 😂
Ok devils advocate. For shits and giggles.

Assuming Rohans medical come back ok, (a big if) what does Cooper offer the list in 2025 that Rohan doesn’t?

Maybe we should change our name to the North Melbourne retirement home?

Kinda worked for geelong .... but seriously we can not be in for rohan. Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the solution to losing Tassie is that we’ll get Hostplus to be our major sponsor.

Darling, Parker, and Rohan become the faces of a major ad campaign.

“There comes a time in everyone’s life when you turn your mind to the importance of super”.

Writes itself.

He is not awful but agree his best might be beyond on and maybe his body too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His best is well behind him and the doctors can tell us if he can still play but this would be a pure culture piece. Wouldn’t be surprised if he played some VFL like at Geelong.

I get people saying no way but I can see the benefit of Parker, Darling, Daniel and Rohan - 4 hard working pro premiership players showing the kids what winning looks like Monday to Friday and the on field coaching benefits.

If nothing else I love the fact that we are doing something significant to develop our young players and the team generally.

Maybe the solution to losing Tassie is that we’ll get Hostplus to be our major sponsor.

Darling, Parker, and Rohan become the faces of a major ad campaign.

“There comes a time in everyone’s life when you turn your mind to the importance of super”.

Writes itself.
compare the pair

compare the pair
“Travis got minimum chips by sticking with his barely contending outfit under the misapprehension he would get serious game time in 2025. While Gary saw the writing on the wall, and took a golden parachute down to Arden st. Compare the pair.”

The potential to still be playing when we are in contention.

Wasn’t David King a huge fan of Cooper? I thought I remembered him saying we were going to get a star.

He also said Brisbane should sack Fagan mid year and move on to premiership winning style of game because development Coaches don’t win flags.

There's a chance we could miss out on some draft gems by taking these old blokes but from a resourcing point of view they not only lead by example and provide support to the younger blokes but they also don't require the same amount of support from our coaching team which means they can spend more time with the kids we picked up

If you think about Geelong when they pick up kids, they would get a much greater amount of time one to one with coaches and dev staff due to the number of senior blokes who are there and know the system and don't need that support. Is this part of what fast tracks their development?

Not all these senior guys are going to workout. The cost of having an extra one or two doesn't appear to be significant from a draft or dollar value.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back