Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

And then just drop back to perennial mid table afterwards?

A bunch of great young players (Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Duursma) in their early and mid 20's with very little else around them?

Sounds like Essendon or St Kilda.

What was all this worth for?

Well, that is not a definite outcome. It might also see us become competitive, those guys grow, confidence builds and more FAs want to jump on board.

We were mid table because for so long as we had no stars.

We’ve had access to elite talent through our bottom two finishes. We now need to build the rest of our list through trading and drafting lower down the table as we get more wins.

I dont want to pay too much, but if we add Parker, Daniel, Darling and Houston, we will likely be better straight away. They should benefit Sheez, Wardlaw, etc. and the momentum starts.

Unfortunately it comes at an higher cost to get these guys because of where we are at as a club. I am happy to pay a premium (within reason) and get some wins.

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF by chuber channel

They can give their future first for Rioli

I get they need points next year but they can deal with that next year and use a future pick to gather points
They'll still need a future 1st to match a bid on Uwland, unless they're allowed to match with a F1 next year in when the bidding rules change. I think they will hold onto their F1 until they know what the rules are.

Well, that is not a definite outcome. It might also see us become competitive, those guys grow, confidence builds and more FAs want to jump on board.

We were mid table because for so long as we had no stars.

We’ve had access to elite talent through our bottom two finishes. We now need to build the rest of our list through trading and drafting lower down the table as we get more wins.

I dont want to pay too much, but if we add Parker, Daniel, Darling and Houston, we will likely be better straight away. They should benefit Sheez, Wardlaw, etc. and the momentum starts.

Unfortunately it comes at an higher cost to get these guys because of where we are at as a club. I am happy to pay a premium (within reason) and get some wins.
No stars lol.

Petrie - topline full-forward for a couple of years
LT - topline small forward for several years
Boomer - star
Goldy - topline ruckman for several years
Tarrant - Gun key defender
Thompson - AA team key defender

Wells and Swallow - arguable cases, maybe not quite as clear cut

That list underachieved, especially when it also had most or all of Waite, Higgins and Dal Santo in it.

Either way, the best time to get moving was a year or two ago, and the second best time to get moving is the coming season. Houston would make a colossal on-field difference, but I reckon Collingwood have him. Parker, Daniel and Darling could perhaps make that difference between them, and the off-field benefits go without saying. campaigners really have no excuse not to attack this season with absolutely everything they have

They'll still need a future 1st to match a bid on Uwland, unless they're allowed to match with a F1 next year in when the bidding rules change. I think they will hold onto their F1 until they know what the rules are.
My point is they can likely trade their future first (2026) back into the 2025 draft after using their (future first 2025) for Rioli

So, you know how we are ready to pay extra to get players with premiership experience, to bring their own skills and also to teach what it takes? That goes for every club at the trade table. Players who have played in flag teams, even flag-adjacent guys like Noble who have been part of successful systems, attract a premium in money and contract length and trade collateral. That goes triple for guys from Richmond. Everyone can stop pretending to be surprised.

My point is they can likely trade their future first (2026) back into the 2025 draft after using their (future first 2025) for Rioli
Sure but they might have difficulty finding a trade partner next year and what if the pick has to be within a certain range of the bid in the 1st round for Uwland? I guess they can trade two years of futures but we don't know the rules fully yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure but they might have difficulty finding a trade partner next year and what if the pick has to be within a certain range of the bid in the 1st round for Uwland? I guess they can trade two years of futures but we don't know the rules fully yet.
You can trade multiple first next year, they’ll find someone.

REVEALED: HUGE ASKING PRICE LEAVES BLUE IN COLD

Carlton forward Matt Owies is at risk of being out of the AFL completely in 2025 due to clubs’ unwillingness to stump up a significant salary for the small forward.
Owies, who booted 33 goals in 23 games this season, is out of contract and exploring options at rival clubs, with the Blues prepared to lose him.
The 27 year old has met with multiple clubs, including West Coast and Gold Coast, as the trade period begins to heat up.
But some clubs have suggested he could struggle to find a home this off-season, with Owies’ asking price believed to be around $700,000-800,000 per season on a multi-year deal.
The Herald Sun understands Carlton has rebuffed that price tag and are open to retaining Owies on a cheaper deal.

It could result in Owies becoming a delisted free agent and signing where he chooses if he can find a suitor willing to pay a premium for the forward.
It would be a fall from grace for the Blue who has enjoyed the most productive season from a Carlton small forward in the past decade, kicking the most goals in a season since Jeff Garlett booted 43 in 2014.
While Owies is coming out of contract, Carlton has the services of Jesse Motlop (contracted until 2025), Orazio Fantasia (2025), Corey Durdin (2026), Elijah Hollands (2026), Lachie Fogarty (2026), Zac Williams (2026) and Matt Cottrell (2027) all locked in.
Of that group only Orazio Fantasia, who has played 114 games, has kicked more goals in his entire career (150) than Owies has kicked in the past two seasons (60).

But despite Owies’ goalkicking form in the past two campaigns, Carlton is prepared to lose him for nothing.
The Blues are expecting injured forward Jack Silvagni to return to full health during the off-season and there are high hopes for 2023 first rounder Ashton Moir after his late-season debut.
Blues list manager Nick Austin said on Monday the forward enjoyed a strong 2024 campaign.
“He has kicked a lot of goals. He has had a good season. Our front half is going to look a little bit different next year,” he said.
Jack Silvagni missed the whole year … we want to get some games into Ashton Moir as well. We felt like he showed some things late in the season.
“We have a lot of faith in Jesse Motlop and Corey Durdin to come through.
“They have had some injury troubles this year, but we need to create a pathway for those guys to step up and take more responsibility.”
Sam Durdin, Jack Carroll and Matt Carroll also remain in contract limbo, with the Blues yet to re-sign or delist the trio

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back