Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Houston thing is interesting.

He's definitely been going to the Dees, then Carlton, now Collingwood, all within a few weeks.

Fact is we have currency that outweighs any other club.

Still reckon its either us or he stays, with staying probably the most likely outcome.

I think Port themselves very much want to deal with us but Houston himself is keen to avoid us. Any slim chance we had of him wanting to come was completely pissed away with those last 2 diabolical rounds.

My understanding is there would need to be more than one club to deal with Port.

Port will ask for a first rounder from this year's draft and an additional pick whether it would be a first or second rounder.

Basically, Poort can go **** themselves.

It's less than half way through the trade period, he's one of their top few players and he is signed for another three seasons. I'd be asking for the world right now too.

Reality is we have pick 2, of course Port are going to.ask for that. If we had pick 7 it'd probably be pick 7 and something else is the asking price.

This is the sh1te thing about a 10 day trade period. It’s almost always 7-9 days of puffery and bluffing, with clubs reported as being in and out of play for a target.

it’s all meaningless posturing where the incumbent club has time to burn to try and reset internal thinking about what is fair/required by suitor clubs - and if they are worth their salt the suitor clubs call the bluff and opt out until the calibre of realistic deal that it was always going to end up as is back on the table.

Carlton aren’t ’out’ of trying to do a deal for Houston, they’re just reassuring their supporters via the media that nothing ridiculous will happen, and at some point next week the real discussions will take place.

Should just be a 3 day trade period to avoid the nonsense. But media be media.

I think Port themselves very much want to deal with us but Houston himself is keen to avoid us. Any slim chance we had of him wanting to come was completely pissed away with those last 2 diabolical rounds.

How do you know... quote "Houston himself is keen to avoid us"

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It where the industry goodwill around bidding on them is complete BS. I’d like to see Richmond bid on Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako before taking their first live pick to really shake things up.
I don't think Tigers will bid on Ashcroft at 1. They'll work not bidding points saving into the deal with the Lions for pick 20.

Pies will get pick 13 from GC. That’s the best Port can hope for. Shame they don’t appear to be willing to deal with us for pick 13, not wanting to compromise their Noble deal 🙃

Wonder if we could somehow get pick 11 from Freo. That would make it interesting.
Picks 6 and 9 are reportedly still up for grabs too, depending on how a few things fall.

I suspect the media focus on Carlton and Collingwood's offers has been disproportionate to their actual likelihood of getting Houston, and written in the knowledge that they'll get about 10 times as many clicks if a couple of big clubs are cast on centre stage.

You'd be a pretty unprofitable news organisation if you were relying on GC, Port and NM fans for clicks.

Given what is touted to be an even draft, I think you will find you are going to get a very good prospect in the top 10.

Pick 2 just doesn’t have the value this year with so many options available in the top 10 and no standouts.
Yeah i guess its more to do with specific targeted players in the top 10. You might want one pick at 6 or earlier to make sure of a player who may be gone by 10 but who won't necessarily be gone in the top 3 or 4.

Stops for lunch, sees five pages have been added, wonders what has happened.

Turns out nothing (and yes I am aware I am now part of the problem).
How Dare You Greta GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stops for lunch, sees five pages have been added, wonders what has happened.

Turns out nothing (and yes I am aware I am now part of the problem).
Yup, just power scrolling, stopping for the occasional joke, no giantroo posts? Nothing then.

Anyone want to trade Harry Sheezel or George Wardlaw for Jack Sinclair or Adam Saad?

No?

You sure?

Well that's where we'd be at trading picks 3 or 4 for an AA HB from the same year.

Screw your ****ing heads back on.
Yes I wouldn’t want miss out on the next Grainger-Barass

Anyone want to trade Harry Sheezel or George Wardlaw for Jack Sinclair or Adam Saad?

No?

You sure?

Well that's where we'd be at trading picks 3 or 4 for an AA HB from the same year.

Screw your ****ing heads back on.
What about Will Phillips, DGB, Logan McDonald or Paddy Dow?

I really really don't think he gives a shit about that.

Considering we have about a 9% hit rate with second rounders over the past 25 years, I’m not too concerned about handing it over for Daniel, but something back would be nice
Out hit rate of trading a 2nd for a player hasn't been good in recent years either, Stephenson and CCJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back