Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

6 years lol
F*** me
How much of that is backended?
Make sure you get paid before your careers over Daniel cause I reckon you’ll be taking a paycut next year brother.

If the Pies don’t bounce back and this reset flops he may yet regret this decision to go to a bigger club.

F*** we only have ourselves to blame.
This is what happens when our list management has been beyond abysmal for years.
We really are that much of an unattractive prospect.
Yes we may improve but we’re no sure thing to even make the top 4 anytime soon.

The Pies track record is the decider here.
Unless we can match and somehow entice Port with a first round draft pick (not Pick 2 and definitely no future picks attached lol), we're gonna be stuck behind the Pies.

Carlton were not keen to give up the capital because they've spent too much on GWS rejects and other trades from their rebuilds.

Pies are extremely desperate to be in contention again. They'll pay a big cost but might just get Houston before we can facilitate something more reasonable.

In all honesty, this trade period has made my hatred for those inbred draft-tampering ****wits even more prosperous. They can GAGF!

6 years lol
F*** me
How much of that is backended?
Make sure you get paid before your careers over Daniel cause I reckon you’ll be taking a paycut next year brother.

If the Pies don’t bounce back and this reset flops he may yet regret this decision to go to a bigger club.

F*** we only have ourselves to blame.
This is what happens when our list management has been beyond abysmal for years.
We really are that much of an unattractive prospect.
Yes we may improve but we’re no sure thing to even make the top 4 anytime soon.

The Pies track record is the decider here.
Of course he was going to a contender at 28 years old, he's got 5 years or so left and wants a flag.
Whether he gets that at the Pies I'm not sure, aging list and no great under 23 players apart from Daicos.
And if Port truly want pick 2 and a 2nd rounder then I think he stays at Port and the deal falls over.

Unless we can match and somehow entice Port with a first round draft pick (not Pick 2 and definitely no future picks attached lol), we're gonna be stuck behind the Pies.

Carlton were not keen to give up the capital because they've spent too much on GWS rejects and other trades from their rebuilds.

Pies are extremely desperate to be in contention again. They'll pay a big cost but might just get Houston before we can facilitate something more reasonable.

In all honesty, this trade period has made my hatred for those inbred draft-tampering ****wits even more prosperous. They can GAGF!
Surely the trade cost would be more the issue than us giving him 5 or 6 years?
I don't see how the Pies get it done if that's what Port want. And Jordan Lewis reckons Pies want Lord as well.
No chance Port take that deal. I think he stays at Port.

who cares family guy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 years for Houston? Jesus the pies are desperate. Hope it all falls in a heap
It’s hard times for big clubs.

Pies with all the strategic nous of hitler in his bunker.

Richmond and WC consigned to the bottom of the ladder for the foreseeable.

* barely treading water with desperate top-ups.

AFL House must be praying we’re on the cusp of a Carlton dynasty.

At least we got Caleb Daniel confirmed.

Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston despite believing the Power’s current demand for the dual All Australian equates to a trio of late first-round picks.

The Pies are prepared to secure Gold Coast’s no. 13 and 23 picks in a swap with their future first-round selection and departing defender John Noble.

But they are not prepared to hand over 13 and 23 to the Power, believing Sydney would then trade its picks 19 and 22 for the cherished No. 13 pick.

It would leave the Power with picks 19, 22 and 23 and Richards for Houston.

So the Pies are only prepared to hand over pick 13 and departing small forward Joe Richards, believing the Port Adelaide request is over the top even if all three of those picks would be late in the first round of the draft.

Carlton has now all but been ruled out of the race for Houston given its determination to return to the draft, with extensive meetings on Wednesday between Houston’s management, Port Adelaide and Collingwood.

North Melbourne is still in a distant second place but not officially out of the race given it is prepared to hand over a future first-rounder for Houston.

The 27-year-old is keen to play for Collingwood and if the Pies relent on some of their trade demands they have the draft capital to get that deal done by the end of the trade period.

Houston has not officially declared he wants to play for the Pies given he needs to keep his options open but Collingwood is confident he is their preferred destination.

Collingwood would like to hand over John Noble and the Pies future first-rounder for Gold Coast’s picks 13 and 23, but the Suns are not happy with that deal so more haggling will take place.

And the Port Adelaide-Collingwood element is not yet agreed either.

So while the pillars are in place for the deal to go through, none of the three parties are yet happy with the shape of the separate deals needed to make it a three-club deal.

The Pies are being urged to consider their net win across the free agency and trade period by handing over 13 and 23.

They have secured GWS defender Harry Perryman as a free agent so in effect would be securing two ready-made players while they were in the window for a future first-rounder and Noble.

The Pies know their future first-rounder next year might start at pick 15 but be blown out by up to 10 spots given the avalanche of academy prospects which will be bid on by northern states clubs.

Clubs are already preparing for the academy prospects to dominate early selections given their strong form in recent national championships for the Allies side.

Collingwood will secure Mick McGuane’s son Tom by matching a bid in 2025, so while they might feel they have handed over too much for Houston they can still have a huge win in this trade period while nailing a quality player in 2025.

The Pies are also aware that having recontracted all of Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury and Jeremy Howe they are all in on the 2025 season and would be negligent not to follow through on the Houston deal.

So while everyone will have to compromise the main elements of the deal are in place if all clubs continue to work constructively.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back