List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

i like what hawks did and i want us to do the same with gc

richmond snoozing on taking pick 6 for rioli, like eagles were with pick 14 for barrass

split pick 2 with GC for 6 and 13

then GC can say you took too long, offer is now a future first for rioli

gc then take a gun at 2 and get lombard

It is a bit ridiculous that clubs can trade back when they have a highly rated prospect. The advantage for Brisbane is they can get a top three prospect for pick 18. As soon as you choose to trade back or out of a round, there should be restrictions applied on how/when you can match a bid.

So what annoys me most out of this is that Brady on one had says he can see some really good options for us if we split our first round pick yet on the other hand it sounds like we're sitting back waiting for other clubs to present our options to us rather than going out there chasing them.
I certainly didn't get that impression.

Last edited:
Not much of an understudy if they're getting him go for nix.

That's why he was drafted. Missed a year through injury, couldn't crack in during a GF year. I don't think we look too deep as he has no real visible goal impact. I'll say to some degree the same on Charlie Clarke (pretty much a goal per game) but we all have our draft year favourites.

i like what hawks did and i want us to do the same with gc

richmond snoozing on taking pick 6 for rioli, like eagles were with pick 14 for barrass

split pick 2 with GC for 6 and 13

then GC can say you took too long, offer is now a future first for rioli

gc then take a gun at 2 and get lombard
Sounds good in theory. I'm sure we would've discussed/offered it already with GC and they've probably said 6 is for Rioli and we're moving 13 to the highest bidder for future picks with 5 academy kids next year.

That's why he was drafted. Missed a year through injury, couldn't crack in during a GF year.

Yeah, they spent significant draft capital on him. To be so willing to let him go so quickly is a red flag imo. The fact no other club seems willing to part with any capital either to secure him is also telling.

I don't think we look too deep as he has no real visible goal impact. I'll say to some degree the same on Charlie Clarke (pretty much a goal per game) but we all have our draft year favourites.

Is an odd one then, why they spent such a high pick on him. Something doesn't smell right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how this works. We offer our 4th rounder for Parker and they say no.

So, your counteroffer is our 4th rounder for Parker and Konstanty?
That’s the joke man

Eventually us, Pies and Blues will have every pick in the top 14. Houston will go to whoever has pick 1.

That still wouldn’t be enough for poort

Yeah, they spent significant draft capital on him. To be so willing to let him go so quickly is a red flag imo. The fact no other club seems willing to part with any capital either to secure him is also telling.

Is an odd one then, why they spent such a high pick on him. Something doesn't smell right.

Bored Married With Children GIF

That's why he was drafted. Missed a year through injury, couldn't crack in during a GF year. I don't think we look too deep as he has no real visible goal impact. I'll say to some degree the same on Charlie Clarke (pretty much a goal per game) but we all have our draft year favourites.
I remember hoping and praying that Dylan Stephens would still be there at out first pick in 2019.

I remember hoping and praying that Dylan Stephens would still be there at out first pick in 2019.

It's equal parts funny and brain-numbing our first pick that year was Chom.

Take some recent trades of veteran players with similar games played as an indication of how Sydney's evaluation of Luke Parker may be a little off.....

Luke Hodge (305 games)
Brisbane acquires: Luke Hodge, pick 44
Hawthorn acquires: pick 43, pick 75

Jordan Lewis (264 games)
Melbourne acquires: Jordan Lewis, pick 57, pick 68
Hawthorn acquires: pick 48, pick 66

Sam Mitchell (307 games)
West Coast acquires: Sam Mitchell, pick 54, pick 72
Hawthorn acquires: pick 52, pick 70, pick 88

''But he's contracted for one more year!''

44, 62 for Swans F2 (35-40) and 59 could be another option. Then we move our own F2 to Tigers for pick 24 or GC 23 or 29. Or split 44 for 49 and 54 as suggested by TFW or perhaps Pies 52 and 55 or GWS 53 and 56 etc.
But I suspect we sit back and hold out until next week.

Last edited:
44, 62 for Swans F2 (35-40) and 59 could be another option. Then we move our own F2 to Tigers for pick 24 or GC 23 or 29. Or split 44 for 49 and 54 as suggested by TFW or perhaps Pies 52 and 55 or GWS 53 and 56 etc.
But I suspect we sit back and hold out until next week.
I think that’s the best play. Sit back and let them come to us.

If they are desperate to keep him we will never give them the pick they are after.

The fact that Longmire gave him a farewell speech, it just sounds like a new recruiter making a dick out of himself.

When the last time a player in their 30’s was traded for an early second rounder? It would be close to never.

If they are desperate to keep him we will never give them the pick they are after.

The fact that Longmire gave him a farewell speech, it just sounds like a new recruiter making a dick out of himself.

When the last time a player in their 30’s was traded for an early second rounder? It would be close to never.
Shaun higgins?

(Houston)
Rawlings commented on their approach, saying, “Yeah, I'd say we are in the mix. We are really keen to bring him into the football club. While that is still up in the air, we are looking at ways of putting something to Port for them to consider.”

Are we changing our F1 offer?

Probably the swans themselves trading for Adams 😂

KANGAS HIT DANIEL ROADBLOCK​

NORTH Melbourne has held preliminary discussions with the Western Bulldogs around the potential of a Caleb Daniel trade, though the Kangas believe a move for the contracted defender remains unlikely.

Daniel is reluctant to officially request a trade to Arden Street unless a suitable agreement can be reached between the two clubs, but has interest in getting to North Melbourne by Wednesday night's deadline.

However, the Kangaroos have said their initial chats with Bulldogs officials "didn't get far" and reiterated their belief that Daniel – who is contracted through until 2026 – would be retained at the Whitten Oval.

Speaking to AFL.com.au's Gettable on Friday, North Melbourne list manager Brady Rawlings said the Bulldogs hadn't yet given the Kangas an indication of what they would accept for Daniel in a trade.

"Not sure on that one," Rawlings said of a potential Daniel deal.

"We certainly have interest. (But) he's a contracted player and he's contracted for another couple of years.

"I've had a chat with the Dogs and it doesn't seem like they have much appetite at all to trade him out. We'll keep in touch, but at the end of the day he's contracted for two more years and the Dogs want to keep him." – Riley Beveridge

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back