List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Better than 25 for daniel
Thinking about what our list needs....

• consummate professionals :heavycheck:
  • elite kicks :heavycheck:
  • players in the 26-30 age group :heavycheck:
  • premiership experience :heavycheck:
  • more footy IQ :heavycheck:
  • excellent runners :heavycheck:

...I can see how he ticks a lot of boxes.

Agree that pick 25 by itself is a bit much, but lets see what comes back before we evaluate.

You draft a kid at 25 in what is touted as the deepest draft potentially ever. Good clubs will nail picks in the 20’s this year.

There is no world where pick involving pick 25 for Caleb Daniel is good business.

For comparison, Geelong are going to get Bailey Smith for pick 17 and a packet of chips.
The hype around this draft is out of control. I don't think that it's that amazing.

Houston is committed to moving back to Melbourne.
Regardless of what the media is reporting he is not staying in Adelaide next year. That much is clear.

North was the first club to reach out to Houston and his management around the prospect of coming back home.

Hence why we have been in constant dialogue.

Melbourne got wind of this first and were initially the frontrunners.
Then the Blues.

And then Leppitsch has gotten involved the past week or so because Collingwood look at us like were some irrelevant party who have no right to land a player like Houston.

So Pies are now front runners but Port would rather deal with us. We hadn't played finals in 8 years and aren't considered a competitor.
If talks do break down then Houston will agree to come to us.
But this is an outside chance and I still believe he'll get to the Pies.

I wish we were more of an attractive destination but we aren't.

You want to defence the poor finish to the year, defends it all you want.
It hurts us when were trying to sell ourselves this time of year. Remind yourselves next time you go out of your way to step over another shit loss.
How has it not progressed any further taz? Port asking too much trying to get someone to bend over?

The media narrative on this is all big club still - even purple coming out now like a flog running with Carlton still. As much as we’ve opened the door, is Houston standing at it waiting for a better root on formal night?

Yeah.

People can get their knickers in a twist about it, but ultimately Daniel would be a back flank lock for us for a few years.

A second round pick with something reasonable coming back isn't much to pay for that kind of certainty.

I reckon feeding that line to Ralphy is probably 90% about getting a door open at Whitten Oval. At the moment they seem to be stonewalling our previous approaches.

But he's not going to be as good as the 18 yr old kid that we pick at 25, and then delist in 4 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brady Rawlings: "Theres no problem there" (refering to Houston wanting to come to North)
Tom Morris: "He doesn't want to go to north"

Thinking about what our list needs....

• consummate professionals :heavycheck:
  • elite kicks :heavycheck:
  • players in the 26-30 age group :heavycheck:
  • premiership experience :heavycheck:
  • more footy IQ :heavycheck:
  • excellent runners :heavycheck:

...I can see how he ticks a lot of boxes.

Agree that pick 25 by itself is a bit much, but lets see what comes back before we evaluate.
Nah he simply isn’t worth it I’d sooner play Hardeman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel

2023 best and fairest - 4th
& best clubman

2022 best and fairest - 6th

2021 best and fairest - 5th

2020 best and fairest - 1st

Still rotten. Trading away 25 in this draft pool for a player that isn't going to realistically move the needle would be negligent. 25 is a good KPP prospect.
It is interesting because in the NM Q&A they were pretty adamant about how there were going to be really good key forwards available around our second round pick.

It is interesting because in the NM Q&A they were pretty adamant about how there were going to be really good key forwards available around our second round pick.
This.

We should not be trading 25 for anything other than a key forward. An incredibly small and limited, albeit decent half back is not a position of need. At all.

Am I right in thinking that pick 25 will move further out but picks in the 40s will likely come in? Maybe only by a few but I think that's right yeah?

Will move back by all bids so at least 3...

Campos the only other ones but likely at least one post 25

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
As much as pick 25 would be way overs for Parker, I would sooner trade it for him than for the midget. I honestly don't think he improves our team at all. As previously stated, I would not trade even a third-rounder for him. Too many list holes that we could better fill by taking 25 to the draft. Even trading our F1 for Houston would be preferable.

This.

We should not be trading 25 for anything other than a key forward. An incredibly small and limited, albeit decent half back is not a position of need. At all.
I wonder if there's a plan to get WB 25 for Daniel but then get back into the second round.

Its hard to parse the latest reported offer with our previous comments about our draft intentions.

Houston is committed to moving back to Melbourne.
Regardless of what the media is reporting he is not staying in Adelaide next year. That much is clear.

North was the first club to reach out to Houston and his management around the prospect of coming back home.

Hence why we have been in constant dialogue.

Melbourne got wind of this first and were initially the frontrunners.
Then the Blues.

And then Leppitsch has gotten involved the past week or so because Collingwood look at us like were some irrelevant party who have no right to land a player like Houston.

So Pies are now front runners but Port would rather deal with us. We hadn't played finals in 8 years and aren't considered a competitor.
If talks do break down then Houston will agree to come to us.
But this is an outside chance and I still believe he'll get to the Pies.

I wish we were more of an attractive destination but we aren't.

You want to defence the poor finish to the year, defends it all you want.
It hurts us when we’re trying to sell ourselves this time of year. Remind yourselves next time you go out of your way to step over another shit loss.
In Tazaa we trust.

Hoping this pies deal falls over like Morris is suggesting is likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back