List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

I wish we were more of an attractive destination but we aren't.

You want to defend the poor finish to the year, defend it all you want.
It hurts us when were trying to sell ourselves this time of year. Remind yourselves next time you go out of your way to step over another shit loss.

This.

People can say those late losses of 96 and 124 points don't matter "because the boys had checked out/had nothing to play for/were fatigued" but this shit comes back to haunt us. It leaves a lasting impression of the team in the eyes of the footy world, that stinks up the pre season.

Any player with a competitive streak worth his salt would be hesitant.

How has it not progressed any further taz? Port asking too much trying to get someone to bend over?

The media narrative on this is all big club still - even purple coming out now like a flog running with Carlton still. As much as we’ve opened the door, is Houston standing at it waiting for a better root on formal night?
Port know North is waiting there with capital ready to offer up something juicy.

Until Houston nominates a club then these trade negotiations are going to be on which club folds first and does bend for Ports demands.

I tell you what will make things interesting.

If North turned around and said thanks but no thanks.

Look at Tom Morris’ reaction to Damos call.
It’s baseless.
Tom Morris has been more often than not close to the money on this.

Still rotten. Trading away 25 in this draft pool for a player that isn't going to realistically move the needle would be negligent. 25 is a good KPP prospect.
Draft a Key Forward or Small Forward with 25. Most here are complaining we never draft either but think 25 for a 28 year old 170cm defender is a good idea?

25 or F2 should not be in anyway involved with the Daniel trade, that would be idiotic in a draft where there are available talls and small forwards that we desperately need.

Any use of 2 or 25 needs to be about improving our draft hand, not diluting it.

If Brady was to do the Daniel deal for 25, I’m done and it will be a a long time before I buy another membership.

I find it hard to understand how these two things can both be true.

He's a contracted player who's said he's open to playing for North.
How can’t it?
Like I said we were the first club to reach out and he’s met with Clarko. But above all Houston wants to play in a successful side. Money isn’t a deciding factor here

Like Gerreyn...

I've seen posters say we should 'nab' him at pick 13 if we get 6, 13 in a trade lol

If I was to guess, Gerreyn will go anywhere from 20-30 depending on the teams in the West.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
ESPN has Gerreyn at 17. Twomey doesn't have him listed in the 30. So it's hard to know where he goes.
I think 15-35 is the range but we'll get a better idea when Twomey's October Phantom drops I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can’t it?
Like I said we were the first club to reach out and he’s met with Clarko. But above all Houston wants to play in a successful side. Money isn’t a deciding factor here
Because Port can just say no to any deal that doesn't work for them? And he's publicly said he's happy to stay, even if his preference is clearly to move to Victoria.

Its not like everyone can expect his trade value to drop next year either. He's contracted for another 3 years.

I guess I'm not inclined to discount the likelihood it could be Papley 2.0?

Remember when it used to be about the money. I'm lamenting the passing of the days when you could throw an absolute BAG at someone like Gary Ablett Junior and he would just carry your side for 5 years.
That was more an indictment on GAJ though.

Madness I say if it’s true

Bevo doesn’t trust him in the side - due to slowness ,can’t defend and hasn’t got much hurt factor but we decide to hand over a premium pick.
Is a slight upgrade on fisher

If a decent coach was in charge of that bulldogs list they wouldn't and shouldn't be struggling to make the 8

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not a media hater but Ralph is genuinely clueless. Hasn’t broken wind this trade period. He has no contacts with anyone of note.

I’m very confident 25 won’t be used for Daniel.
He definitely seems more reactionary than last year. We used to drip feed him, but not anymore.

Bugger it, I’m putting the sign back up.View attachment 2140160

@ everyone…
Own GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back