List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

They have a list better than mid 8 tier prob one of the best in the league. Bevo just doesn't appear to get the best out of them

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't get me wrong, they have underperformed, but they have proven time and time again that their list isn't top 4. You can blame it on Bevo, but it also sits with the players.

Too many of their players can't defend, their KP's are overrated (particularly Naughton) and their depth is pretty average. As much as Bont & Treloar are damaging, they are also pretty big front runners, same goes for Dale, Weightman, Macrae, Daniel, Vandermeer ect.

Don't get me wrong, they have underperformed, but they have proven time and time again that their list isn't top 4. You can blame it on Bevo, but it also sits with the players.

Too many of their players can't defend, their KP's are overrated (particularly Naughton) and their depth is pretty average. As much as Bont & Treloar are damaging, they are also pretty big front runners, same goes for Dale, Weightman, Macrae, Daniel, Vandermeer ect.

They're a very good downhill team, which can give a false impression of list quality

Only concern with trading F1 is if we can step up and improve to 10-12 next year, we lose a piece to play in trading.

We can trade back in any of the next two years draft picks with new rules next year. It has devalued future picks somewhat.

Won't be a popular opinion but our key position stocks aren't that bad now, especially once we get Tauru or Armstrong.

Corr didn't get beaten often this year, Logue is good when he's on the park, Chom can swing for need, Larkey is a star, Darling a stop-gap for a year or two.

Dawson x2, Pink, Maley, Teak, CJ developing or depth.

We got torched by small forwards more than talls, largely due to lack of experience and fitness leading to an inability structure up in defence. Houston helps all of that immediately.
Corr had a very poor start to the season 6-7 weeks. After that he was very good. One extreme to the other almost.

Chom was impressive at times in defense but as the season went on, he was exposed a little more and had some poor games. Still think his future might be as a forward, however happy for him to start the season in defence.

Larkey is a star at what he is good at. He's simply a lead-up forward with excellent finishing skills. He doesn't have an all-round game but in terms of his skillset he's the best in the comp.

Darling is a big question mark. A stop-gap is contingent on contributing enough to offer something and hold your place. If he doesn't do that then his acquisition is a problem.

My young fella keeps saying ‘you said Luke Parker is getting traded to North’. Thanks Brady. My son will never trust me ever again. How many lives must you ruin.
I bet you don’t even care. You are a sick sick man Rawlings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

urely
they only way we should be getting 13 is by splitting 2 to get 6 and 13

Edmunds just said we've added to F1 to get 13. There has to be something lost in translation, surely.

We offered our future first + other capital ...WTF

The only way I can rationalise it is if we've put together a package including their F1 but I can't work it out.

There's obviously been a call made that we need to start making significant improvements now and are therefore valuing our draft picks for next year at a discount for the benefit of fast tracking a year.

Can't say I'm fully against it. Who knows what the right course of action is from here, we're almost in uncharted territory.

Corr had a very poor start to the season 6-7 weeks. After that he was very good. One extreme to the other almost.

Chom was impressive at times in defense but as the season went on, he was exposed a little more and had some poor games. Still think his future might be as a forward, however happy for him to start the season in defence.

Larkey is a star at what he is good at. He's simply a lead-up forward with excellent finishing skills. He doesn't have an all-round game but in terms of his skillset he's the best in the comp.

Darling is a big question mark. A stop-gap is contingent on contributing enough to offer something and hold your place. If he doesn't do that then his acquisition is a problem.
Corr's start was because of his interrupted pre-season. All being equal, he's a totally sound key defender and gets a stupidly bad rap on here, even if he does occasionally give the ball to Ollie Dempsey on the goal line

Only concern with trading F1 is if we can step up and improve to 10-12 next year, we lose a piece to play in trading.

You trade in the following year future... couple of years you will want to sit out so bring them forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Edmunds just said we've added to F1 to get 13. There has to be something lost in translation, surely.
F1 for 13 and 23 or 29, maybe?

13 and 29 would value F1 at pick 6

13 and 23 would be ~pick 5

Add some later bits and pieces to whet their appetite?

There's obviously been a call made that we need to start making significant improvements now and are therefore valuing our draft picks for next year at a discount for the benefit of fast tracking a year.

Can't say I'm fully against it. Who knows what the right course of action is from here, we're almost in uncharted territory.
We've been too shit for too long. Historical levels of shitness all around.

I'm in the Trade For Immediate Improvement camp, but we can't allow ourselves to be outright ripped off in the process. The only kind of exception is our F1. I'd actually prefer we just get rid of the pick so that then all focus from everyone can be on how good we can be next year without that distraction. Bleh. It's possible the club has broken me a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back