List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

‘Forced’.

Guy says I want to go back to Victoria. We put forth the best offer.

He’s ‘forced’ to play for us.

He could always just say no and play out his contract?
Hopefully.

He thought he was off to the pies. Will be hard for him to come to us but harder to return to Port?

We need to lower our offer to Port or walk away

The Media can GAGF.

And TBH if this guy comes to us he's going to land with some baggage in my eyes about the means in which he gets to us.

What is he going to say in a media conference " Yeah look, I really wanted to get to Carlton and then the Pies, but I just couldn't stand living in Adelaide any longer so I suppose you'll do"

Hopefully.

He thought he was off to the pies. Will be hard for him to come to us but harder to return to Port?

We need to lower our offer to Port or walk away
F1 and bank on getting better and finishing far higher in the ladder.

The Media can GAGF.

And TBH if this guy comes to us he's going to land with some baggage in my eyes about the means in which he gets to us.

What is he going to say in a media conference " Yeah look, I really wanted to get to Carlton and then the Pies, but I just couldn't stand living in Adelaide any longer so I suppose you'll do"

Reeks of desperation on our behalf. We want to be seen to be in the fight even though we are obviously the last choice.

We should have done that several days ago
Indeed.

We have the most cash and the best offer on the table.

As soon as they started seeking multi club trades that didn't include us we should have given him a window of this is real this is now and it can happen if you say yes, otherwise we are done here.

This whole thing from our point of view is only a step away from being as desperate as we were when Joyce was walking around hanging his wad out.

Reeks of desperation on our behalf. We want to be seen to be in the fight even though we are obviously the last choice.
And in doing so, seems we’re willing to give up far more for the privilege.

Forced! Forced to play for North! Oh the humanity. Won't someone think of Dan, who will surely have to console himself with the $1.5m we will pay him, forcibly, to kick a footy around and keep himself fit for the next five years. Forced!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would really like for someone at some f***ing level of the club to act like we have one iota of f***ing pride in what we are doing.

I would really like for someone at some f***ing level of the club to act like we have one iota of f***ing pride in what we are doing.
Shut up and stay on auto renew.

The Media can GAGF.

"I was always happy to come to North. I mean, look around at all the young talent here, it's unbelievable. I was chatting with Clarko right through the process, the club definitely knew I was keen to get here. It's hard in that situation, I had a contract at Port, but I really wanted to get back to Melbourne. So I just asked my manager to work out the best deal for all parties and left it with him. I couldn't be more stoked that I've ended up at Arden Street and I can't wait to be part of what this team is building"

‘Forced’.

Guy says I want to go back to Victoria. We put forth the best offer.

He’s ‘forced’ to play for us.

He could always just say no and play out his contract?

It’s all media spin. If he comes to us, he’s happy to play for us. He won’t be forced.

I think we may have played this well.
We put in an offer far higher than Pies or blues could match.
Then just sat back with our offer in the back of ports mind's they would never accept the others and if by chance they did Pies or blues would be paying more than they wanted. Today was always the deadline. Need 24 hours to get our ducks in a row.
Now let's see what our offer is.
Fingers crossed it's not crazy and we get a good player.

If we win the battle for Houston's services does he catch a flight? Or do we snatch him up from Rundle St and shove him into a white van?
Home invasion.

Really show him who’s boss.

"I was always happy to come to North. I mean, look around at all the young talent here, it's unbelievable. I was chatting with Clarko right through the process, the club definitely knew I was keen to get here. It's hard in that situation, I had a contract at Port, but I really wanted to get back to Melbourne. So I just asked my manager to work out the best deal for all parties and left it with him. I couldn't be more stoked that I've ended up at Arden Street and I can't wait to be part of what this team is building"
It's the benefit of not publicly nominating a club.

Didn't hurt Joe Daniher, Josh Dunkley etc that they didn't get to the club they originally wanted to go to. I'm sure Dan will be just fine if he comes here.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Becuase some media person wants to frame it this way that means we are desperate?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back