List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Daniel RioliRichmondTradeGold CoastGold Coast receive Richmond's Daniel Rioli, R4 (51,61,70,76) Picks
Richmond receive GC's R1(6), R2(23) Picks
Shai BoltonRichmondTradeFremantleFremantle receive Richmond's Shai Bolton, R1(14), 2025 R3 Pick.
Richmond receive Fremantle's R1(10,11,18) Picks
Harry SharpBrisbane & MelbourneTradeMelbourneMelbourne receives Brisbane's Harry Sharp, 2025 R3 pick (tied to Brisbane)
Brisbane receives Melbourne's 2024 R3(49), 2025 R3 pick (tied to Essendon).
Dan Houston
Jack Lukosius
Joe Richards
Rory Atkins
John Noble
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Collingwood
TradeCollingwood
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide receives GC's R1(13),GC R2(29,36), GC R3(50) Picks, Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins
Gold Coast receives Collingwood's 2025 F1, PA's 2025 F1, PA R2(39)
Collingwood receive Dan Houston, PA R4(58)
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Brisbane Lions trade Harry Sharp and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Brisbane) to Melbourne for its 2024 Round 3 pick (currently 49) and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Essendon).
-----------------
Collingwood get Houston and Pick 58 and give up: a future first round pick, Joe Richards to Port and John Noble to Gold Coast

Port get Jack Lukosius, Richards, Rory Atkins, picks 13, 29, 36 and 50 in this year’s draft while letting Houston go to Collingwood, their future first round pick, pick 39 in this year’s goes to Gold Coast and pick 58 goes to Collingwood.

Gold Coast get Noble, a future first round pick from each of Collingwood and Port Adelaide, and pick 39 (received from Port), while the Suns send Lukosius and Atkins, picks 13, 29 and 50 to Port Adelaide.
-------------
St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

God he’s a bitter and twisted pr&&## of a man….
Club should never ever let him back anywhere when we progress….
Moan bitch sook sulk
Ch*&$ almighty if we split pick two he’ll moan
If we don’t he’ll moan
God ld love to see in a presser someone call him out and tell him to pi&$$ off..
It’s become his obsession and he’s so friggen blinded by it everyone can see it…
Just a complete waste of space shell of a human….

Night all

Almost have to split pick 2 now
Well, after getting updates at work from my port supporter colleague, I'm happy we now have the experience and leadership to teach and help the kids but 25 for Caleb is a bit rich but thinking about it all the teams seemed to be acting a little crazy so it was pay it or walk away.

I guess we were always going to pay it, as for the "almost have to split pick 2 now", after that, there is no almost, we get a good deal and split it and trade in our future first but not for a crap pick, we've got our players on Will's whiteboard, where they are intended to go and what picks we will end up with is going to be so interesting, we might not know until the live draft gets underway.

Moan bitch sook sulk
If we don’t he’ll moan
God ld love to see in a presser someone call him out and tell him to pi&$$ off..
It’s become his obsession and he’s so friggen blinded by it everyone can see it…

Night all

Bartel is cool

Well technically in 2024:

Fisher - Better kicking efficiency
Fisher - Took more kicks on average per disposal.
Fisher - On average kicked it twice as far per kick at a better disposal efficiency
Fisher - Averaged slightly more clangers/turnovers per disposal.
Fisher - Higher AFL rating

Realistically though Daniel didn’t play the role fisher played in 2024.

As we are bringing in Daniel to be the no 1 distributor off half back, taking over from fisher, can you compare say Daniel in 2022 vs Fisher in 2024

That tells me he’s a solid upgrade on fisher. Especially surprising was the 1.1 running bounces vs 0.6. Overall metres gained was basically the same.

Agree pick 25 is more than we should have paid, but I’m certain we knew that and wanted him anyway.

They are after rapid improvement after all

Moan bitch sook sulk
If we don’t he’ll moan

Night all

I think it is understandable that he has reservations, he did give the club a C for the trade period and could have been a B-, he liked Parker but wasn't sure the others would have a lot of impact.

I think the other two raised some good points.

We will see, I think if we can get a good split of 2 and especially if we bring in future 1st from next year either before or during the draft then I think it has potential to being a great trade/draft for us, but I feel we need a lot more than just one kid from this draft pool, even if it comes at the expense of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

44 for Parker and K-man is fine
25 for Daniel is a reaming

"We'd like to bring in some experience without diluting our draft hand"
Checks remaining picks....

Now we'll be forced to take unders on 2 or future picks
Well that seems to be the common theme around here at the moment, but let me give you a little insight into what could happen, WHAT IF, say Melbourne and St Kilda were heavily into Finn O'Sullivan and yeah both clubs could get two good players, but WHAT IF one of them {knowing Carlton traded up, possibly for him} said, Richmond are going to try for pick 2 by offering 6 and 18, lets get in first and try and get our elite midfielder, obviously Carlton know something like Richmond are not selecting Finn at pick #1 OR Finn is not their boy!

Again, the Saints could get two good players but not one of the elite midfielders in this draft and certainly not one of their choosing at picks 7 and 8! Richmond's strategy will be interesting, like a lot of their supporters they are saying use the strong picks they have or trade up with us and offer 6 and 18 which in my books isn't going to cut it, for both teams a fair trade is 6 and 11 for pick 2, not 18, now you see the onus is on those three teams, knowing that by North holding pick 2 they can get the star mid that is number #1 on their whiteboard!

Richmond IF they really want the first two choices in this national draft >>>>>>>St Kilda, get an absolute gun midfielder to join some of their other youngsters >>>>>>>Melbourne will get one of the elite six, but which one? The one they get, another interesting question pops up, where is HE on their talent board? How does those first two questions compare to getting the player on top of THEIR WHITEBOARD and in doing so not only trumping other rivals but getting their main target. This is just a small sample of teams HOT ON A CERTAIN PLAYER, supporters of other clubs and like us, often get it wrong about what their club will do and wont do, a little example is what happened at West Coast with what that club did, not one supporter on that board in a serious manner that I know of predicted the carnage that would soon follow.

I'm still trying to get my head around that deal, I've seen some interesting deals over the years but that was the #1 and sadly for West Coast fans, its not even close. The draft has been going since "1986", let that sink in. I feel a question coming like "yeah, but is that going to happen and what are the chances"? So many supporters are like the media thinking wise, its an even draft, why do it?

Again, no its not, the top 6 are not included in the overall scheme of things, because they are bloody good and elite and like shopping, you get what you pay for. After the first six picks then that's where it is not only strong but very even. Will a scenario like above happen, well let me put it this way, with those top six midfielders + other clubs looking for elite talent + some clubs hot on the same player, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Verily, let him who is without sin be the first to cast a stone of condemnation. They of the bigfooty faith must never cry out in hypocritical judgment but instead, should cry out in praise of Brady. For the almighty hath shut the lions' mouths, that they may not hurt the one that scuttles like a scarab, Caleb Daniel.
jesus GIF

I think it is understandable that he has reservations, he did give the club a C for the trade period and could have been a B-, he liked Parker but wasn't sure the others would have a lot of impact.

I think the other two raised some good points.

We will see, I think if we can get a good split of 2 and especially if we bring in future 1st from next year either before or during the draft then I think it has potential to being a great trade/draft for us, but I feel we need a lot more than just one kid from this draft pool, even if it comes at the expense of next year.
Tas, well said, from start to finish, that post was something like Shifter would say, "elite"!

Well that seems to be the common theme around here at the moment, but let me give you a little insight into what could happen, WHAT IF, say Melbourne and St Kilda were heavily into Finn O'Sullivan and yeah both clubs could get two good players, but WHAT IF one of them {knowing Carlton traded up, possibly for him} said, Richmond are going to try for pick 2 by offering 6 and 18, lets get in first and try and get our elite midfielder, obviously Carlton know something like Richmond are not selecting Finn at pick #1 OR Finn is not their boy!

Again, the Saints could get two good players but not one of the elite midfielders in this draft and certainly not one of their choosing at picks 7 and 8! Richmond's strategy will be interesting, like a lot of their supporters they are saying use the strong picks they have or trade up with us and offer 6 and 18 which in my books isn't going to cut it, for both teams a fair trade is 6 and 11 for pick 2, not 18, now you see the onus is on those three teams, knowing that by North holding pick 2 they can get the star mid that is number #1 on their whiteboard!

Richmond IF they really want the first two choices in this national draft >>>>>>>St Kilda, get an absolute gun midfielder to join some of their other youngsters >>>>>>>Melbourne will get one of the elite six, but which one? The one they get, another interesting question pops up, where is HE on their talent board? How does those first two questions compare to getting the player on top of THEIR WHITEBOARD and in doing so not only trumping other rivals but getting their main target. This is just a small sample of teams HOT ON A CERTAIN PLAYER, supporters of other clubs and like us, often get it wrong about what their club will do and wont do, a little example is what happened at West Coast with what that club did, not one supporter on that board in a serious manner that I know of predicted the carnage that would soon follow.

I'm still trying to get my head around that deal, I've seen some interesting deals over the years but that was the #1 and sadly for West Coast fans, its not even close. The draft has been going since "1986", let that sink in. I feel a question coming like "yeah, but is that going to happen and what are the chances"? So many supporters are like the media thinking wise, its an even draft, why do it?

Again, no its not, the top 6 are not included in the overall scheme of things, because they are bloody good and elite and like shopping, you get what you pay for. After the first six picks then that's where it is not only strong but very even. Will a scenario like above happen, well let me put it this way, with those top six midfielders + other clubs looking for elite talent + some clubs hot on the same player, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
Pick 6 and 18 for 2? the flip? 6 and 10/11 is what I consider a fair trade off for pick 2?

If the club gets 6/11 it will shine up the trade period a fair bit for us

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back