List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Daniel RioliRichmondTradeGold CoastGold Coast receive Richmond's Daniel Rioli, R4 (51,61,70,76) Picks
Richmond receive GC's R1(6), R2(23) Picks
Shai BoltonRichmondTradeFremantleFremantle receive Richmond's Shai Bolton, R1(14), 2025 R3 Pick.
Richmond receive Fremantle's R1(10,11,18) Picks
Harry SharpBrisbane & MelbourneTradeMelbourneMelbourne receives Brisbane's Harry Sharp, 2025 R3 pick (tied to Brisbane)
Brisbane receives Melbourne's 2024 R3(49), 2025 R3 pick (tied to Essendon).
Dan Houston
Jack Lukosius
Joe Richards
Rory Atkins
John Noble
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Collingwood
TradeCollingwood
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide receives GC's R1(13),GC R2(29,36), GC R3(50) Picks, Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins
Gold Coast receives Collingwood's 2025 F1, PA's 2025 F1, PA R2(39)
Collingwood receive Dan Houston, PA R4(58)
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Brisbane Lions trade Harry Sharp and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Brisbane) to Melbourne for its 2024 Round 3 pick (currently 49) and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Essendon).
-----------------
Collingwood get Houston and Pick 58 and give up: a future first round pick, Joe Richards to Port and John Noble to Gold Coast

Port get Jack Lukosius, Richards, Rory Atkins, picks 13, 29, 36 and 50 in this year’s draft while letting Houston go to Collingwood, their future first round pick, pick 39 in this year’s goes to Gold Coast and pick 58 goes to Collingwood.

Gold Coast get Noble, a future first round pick from each of Collingwood and Port Adelaide, and pick 39 (received from Port), while the Suns send Lukosius and Atkins, picks 13, 29 and 50 to Port Adelaide.
-------------
St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

I have some reservations on our overall strategy given it feels like it has zig zagged.

That in 2023 we were taking one approach and now in 2024 we are taking a different one.

it makes me nervous that there is no decided approach on how we actually get ourselves out of where we are.

Some of what we are doing I kind of get but at the same time it also feels like the coaches view our side a bit like an under 8s side that require coaches on the ground to be able to tell each of the players where they need to go and where they need to run.

If we are going this path, no half measures. There can be no tolerating of bad games by senior players. Single captain and that player needs to be able to put football on the park that makes themselves un-droppable.

Sheez would be my preference but he's a kid and as other posters have pointed out probably needs another year or two without that burden. I would probably give it to X.
There's nothing wrong with changing what you are doing if you feel it needs to happen.

Our youth were a big positive last season, at least for periods during games. But they lacked the maturity (physical and mental) to maintain that for a whole game and a whole season. Our so called senior players were mostly in the range of other clubs developing soon to be senior players and we have a massive demographic hole in the age range most successful clubs have well filled.

We also had very specific issues with moving the ball out of the backline, and our with forward structure.

Darling is a cheap quick fix and might provide more value than we expect, I thought Daniel was a bit over priced but at the same time his best footy is very good and he regularly ****s us over by setting up the dogs run. I think he's being underrated and has been by his coach this year.

The real test of this trade season will be if we kick more goals next year, our movement and transition improve significantly and our ability to close out games and hold leads improves as well. If we can do all that and play like we did after the bye we should win alot more games than we did this year.

God he’s a bitter and twisted pr&&## of a man….
Club should never ever let him back anywhere when we progress….
Moan bitch sook sulk
Ch*&$ almighty if we split pick two he’ll moan
If we don’t he’ll moan
God ld love to see in a presser someone call him out and tell him to pi&$$ off..
It’s become his obsession and he’s so friggen blinded by it everyone can see it…
Just a complete waste of space shell of a human….

Night all

1729121745628.png

This made me burst out laughing

Last edited:
The Kane hate parade need to watch this, nothing but positivity and facts from him.
I’ve always said kanes analysis is some of the best going around, I really rate his work in that area. He’s a dick, which generates clicks and plenty of discussion, which is such a shame but that’s the world we live in.

I'm not unhappy with how the trade period went, we have a shitload of young kids with unlimited potential on our list, but no experience to guide them, now we have three players with bucketloads of experience, they are premiership winners and All-Australians and should assist Clarko and his coaches to lift our standards and to accelerate the kid's development. We may have paid overs for Daniel, but if we win a premiership in 2027, 2028 and/or 2029 are we going to care?

It wouldn't surprise me if he sat back after the year and couldn't believe how poor the team performed and lack of direction on field. I feel the list is actually in a decent spot and it was the leadership, skill execution and also game plan that were the biggest issue.

He expected more of our leaders and they failed.

My reservation comes from the unending up and down of strategy makes things murky for players.

Where we are telling them one thing and then have actions that suggest another.

Not trying to talk outta school but I am aware of at least one player that was being told they were doing all the things expected of them and then found themselves in the VFL for a stint, while others (who were equally underperformed and more senior) were being allowed to ride out their own form issues in the Seniors.

I posted last night that the addition of Parker makes me feel like we have a adult in the side again. Like we have a bloke we can probably have as a rudder.

I am all for whatever makes us win but if this is the strategy we are taking go all in.

If the leadership we have had from the senior players we have has been the problem go all in on making the changes.
There's nothing wrong with changing what you are doing if you feel it needs to happen.

There is if we get 12 months down the road and change again.

How many times in the last 5 years have we changed what we are doing? How many times in the last 9?

I don't want to relitigate the litany of failures that have brought us here, but almost constantly moving the goal posts has created some of the problems we have.

I’ve always said kanes analysis is some of the best going around, I really rate his work in that area. He’s a dick, which generates clicks and plenty of discussion, which is such a shame but that’s the world we live in.
Yeah it's a pity he actually knows his stuff. Maybe as part of the shift to 7 he'll become more analytical and less click bait? Let's face it the click bait has served it's purpose it got him from being a wannabe fireman to one of the biggest personalities in the AFL media. Or maybe he'll just continue to be a c*nt.

I have some reservations on our overall strategy given it feels like it has zig zagged.

That in 2023 we were taking one approach and now in 2024 we are taking a different one.

it makes me nervous that there is no decided approach on how we actually get ourselves out of where we are.

Some of what we are doing I kind of get but at the same time it also feels like the coaches view our side a bit like an under 8s side that require coaches on the ground to be able to tell each of the players where they need to go and where they need to run.

If we are going this path, no half measures. There can be no tolerating of bad games by senior players. Single captain and that player needs to be able to put football on the park that makes themselves un-droppable.

Sheez would be my preference but he's a kid and as other posters have pointed out probably needs another year or two without that burden. I would probably give it to X.

You have nailed part of my thoughts.

If you change direction, fine, but stop with the mixed messages.

If you go out and recruit Zac Fisher and Caleb Daniel to play half back. If you actively move top picks like Sheezel and McKercher out of position to cover your deficiencies at half back. IF you go out and recruit top 25 picks in Goater and Hardiman in a short time period to play in the same area of the ground in the future, then don't bury your head in the sand regarding those that are causing the issues.

It's gutless.

Why are the same players playing in that backline throughout this period? Why has McDonald never been dropped. Corr was admittedly improved at times last year, but also undroppable through periods of bad form.

We have a glut of midfielders and yet it was only Phillips head on the weekly block and not Simpkin, ever?

If you feel the need to recruit Liam Shiels, Logue, Hugh Greenwood, Aaron Hall, Tucker, Dylan Stephens, Caleb Daniel, Luke Parker, Jack Darling for "experience" and to demonstrate "standards" If you feel the need to recruit more mature state league types like Pink, Teakle, Dawson, Howe etc. for experience.

Then don't bury your head in the sand regarding our current leaders. Demote them. If they don't perform. Trade them. That applies to all of McDonald, Simpkin, Larkey, Zurhaar, LDU, Fisher, Tucker, Stephenson etc.

If by your own admission the playing group is too inexperienced to understand structures and training standards. Why are they picking the captains (who we have to continually top up with experience around them...). Strip the captaincies and pull them out of the leadership group. The coaches can decide until we no longer have to recruit 30+ year olds year on year.

I really don't give a shit about loyalty anymore, they will turn their back on us in an instant and will leverage the club to the eyeballs for a contract when it suits them (see McKay, then see Zurhaar "assessing the club", see LDU "assessing the club")

Certainly stop handing out golden hand shakes to these same players if they are the ones meant to be driving performance and we are continually having to look at stop gaps at other clubs to provide the impact they are meant to be having on the younger players.

Last edited:
Rnd 24 Team was
Jackson Archer , Aidan Corr , Luke McDonald
Bailey Scott , Tom Powell , Colby McKercher
Liam Shiels , Luke Davies-Uniacke , Kallan Dawson
Darcy Tucker , Toby Pink , Cameron Zurhaar
Paul Curtis , Nick Larkey , Brynn Teakle
Tristan Xerri , George Wardlaw , Jy Simpkin
Zac Fisher , Will Phillips , Dylan Stephens ,
Robert Hansen Jr

Injured Best 22 at Rnd 24 were Sheez, Comben, Logue, Goater(?)

The Kids are ok Duursma, Hardeman, Dawson, 2024 Rd 1

We've just upgraded Pink or Teakle (Darling), Tucker or Fisher (Daniels), and Phillips or RHJ (Parker) in our best 22. Three of the four injured are walk up starters, replacing K Daws, Phillips, Shiels, Stephens, Teakle, Fisher, or RHJ, potentially.

We should be much better and able to let the kids develop normally, not hope they can fill our many holes from round one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our youth were a big positive last season, at least for periods during games. But they lacked the maturity (physical and mental) to maintain that for a whole game and a whole season. Our so called senior players were mostly in the range of other clubs developing soon to be senior players and we have a massive demographic hole in the age range most successful clubs have well filled.

We also had very specific issues with moving the ball out of the backline, and our with forward structure.

Darling is a cheap quick fix and might provide more value than we expect, I thought Daniel was a bit over priced but at the same time his best footy is very good and he regularly ****s us over by setting up the dogs run. I think he's being underrated and has been by his coach this year.

The real test of this trade season will be if we kick more goals next year, our movement and transition improve significantly and our ability to close out games and hold leads improves as well. If we can do all that and play like we did after the bye we should win alot more games than we did this year.
Round one is going to be a big indicator. Last year, we fronted up at the start of the season with, arguably, the most imbalanced team in history. It went downhill from there. It still bemuses me that a lot of us had decent expectations last season. At least next season, we “should” have a balanced setup. Opposition teams will definitely respect Parker, Darling and Daniel from the get go. That straightens us up right away. We supporters can, at the very least, look forward to a functioning backline. That was in no way the case last season.

The Kane hate parade need to watch this, nothing but positivity and facts from him.
This makes me hate him even more. Capable of this level of insight and understanding but still resorts to dickhead statements to generate meaningless debate.

Not sure if this is a sign of positive things to come, or he's just behaving himself because Geeper's in the chair next to him.

B: Archer, Comben, Corr
HB: Daniel, Logue, Goater
C: McKercher, Parker, Scott
HF: Durrsma, Darling, Sheezel
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, Wardlaw, LDU
Int: Simpkin, Tucker, Powell, Fisher
Sub: Stephenson

Defensive Depth: Hardeman, Mcdonald, K.Dawson, W.Dawson, Bergman, George

Midfield Depth: Stephens, Phillips, Lazzaro

Forward Depth: Ford, Maley, Payne, Konstanty, Teakle, Pink, RJH.

Ruck Depth: CCJ & Goad

It's quite unbelievable that despite all the drafting of midfielders over the previous 4/5 drafts that we still have absolutely no depth in that part of the ground.

I think they just had to zag in order to be able to zig.

The direction is set but we weren't going that way for all sorts of reasons, mostly the things pointed out by Ricky in his insightful posts and shinboner website. I.e. gaping holes in the list, not only in terms of positional suitability, but in age / experience profile.

The zag addresses that issue and the players brought in have enough credibility to be leaders without necessarily being captain or VC etc.

Young players who want to have long and successful careers will look up to and learn from these blokes.

And clearly, the message from Clarkson should be echoing in every North Melbourne person's ears... We had no high quality leadership within the playing group. If we did, we would not have needed to pull in the kind of trades we undertook this week.

It was also clear that the AFL world at large knew the same as no up and coming players who were seeking moves wanted to have anything to do with North. Until we are back on the upward trajectory we'll be seen as career killers.

Right now, the job in front of Clarkson and his crew is to stitch together a bunch of young blokes along with enough onfield leadership and experience so that the team can make the climb. So it can prove to itself that it's capable. Then to prove it to the footy world as well.

B: Archer, Comben, Corr
HB: Daniel, Logue, Goater
C: McKercher, Parker, Scott
HF: Durrsma, Darling, Sheezel
F: Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
Foll: Xerri, Wardlaw, LDU
Int: Simpkin, Tucker, Powell, Fisher
Sub: Stephenson

Defensive Depth: Hardeman, Mcdonald, K.Dawson, W.Dawson, Bergman, George

Midfield Depth: Stephens, Phillips, Lazzaro

Forward Depth: Ford, Maley, Payne, Konstanty, Teakle, Pink, RJH.

Ruck Depth: CCJ & Goad

It's quite unbelievable that despite all the drafting of midfielders over the previous 4/5 drafts that we still have absolutely no depth in that part of the ground.

That’s a depressing 22 & depth chart. I hadn’t committed to the exercise of putting it all on paper but now seeing it… let’s not trade F1

We've got 15 players 22 or under, we're bringing in pick 2 or some combination of 1st round picks....dunno if bringing in 3 highly decorated veterans is some siesmic shift in strategy or complementing our list deficiencies.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yep, our list is still the youngest after adding those 3. Obviously this will change a little once after the draft. Richmond will probably overtake us on that front.

I love draft watching and seeing prospects come through. Honestly the reason i joined big footy. Truth be told afted 7 weeks this season i came to one conclusion. THE DRAFT ISNT GOING TO GET OUR TEAM OUT OF THIS HOLE. I challange anyone to a different view.
We have alot of top end talent on our list already and what we desperatly needed was on field leadership. Unfourtnertly through Succession period between Scott, Shaw, Noble to Clarkson we have little to no great senior players and through injury, delistings or lack of development. This is apparent on field where we didnt have 1 game where the oppostition didnt go on a 5 goal run at least.
Darling we got for nothing and is a big improvement on Pink who is getting reliable games as a forward and doesnt mark or kick straight
Parker is upgrade on Shiel who i loved. Will help George, Kerch, Duurs, Ford to massive amounts. Will see his fingerprints on all those Mids/forwards.
Daniel will free up Kerch to go middle, Lock down postition and is a massive upgrade on Fisher who we payed alot for.
Konstaty is a free throw at the stumps. Is a great tackler.

We are already starting this season in a much better postition then last year. Hopefully some strong draft pick/picks can set up our run now into next 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back