List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Swap our F1 to Adelaide for their pick#4 , an Adelaide poster said that the Crows want a F1 so they can get Sharpe next year. then offer Pick#4 to Poort for Houston and another of their picks
If we had pick 2 and pick 4 I'd be taking Draper and Armstrong, no way I'd be coughing that up for Houston.

Elmo definitely had the opportunity to play straight away, no doubt our 2024 game plan involved CCJ as the second tall so Elmo could step into that role through necessity (with Sellers unable to impact and Maley raw). It seems now that role will be taken by Chom, although then the question will be who chops out the ruck.

I like Armstrong. He'd be my pick if we slipped back slightly.
Ideally if traded pick 2 to GC for 6,12 and Rosas. They can then use it to get Rioli, Tiges would love nothing more than 1 and 2.
Hopefully get Armstrong with 6, Berry/Hotton with 12, GMan with 22. Then id like to see us take some punts on smaller fwds, baby Wahl and little Stevo. Im very much meh on Parker, but i wouldnt require a straight jacket like i would not getting GMan ;)

I’d find it very hard to believe that Jack Darling was never in the leadership group.

Like i said, don’t care if we get him or not. But I don’t think his role is ‘kick 60 goals and be AA’.

‘He might take someone’s spot’. Who? We are currently playing a bloke who played full back in the SANFL who can’t kick as a key forward. Anyone else is the length of Flemington off playing seniors. And if in 2 years time these future forward prospects can’t get in the 1’s over a 34 year old, that speaks more to how sh*t the prospects are, then how bad Darling is.

If we give up some crazy high pick for him, then we can get our knickers in a knot, but until then, let’s just trust that Clarko sees a need in our team and Darling could meet that.
Nah far from getting my knickers in a knot, just that the WA supporters simply don't get why we're remotely interested after the rapid decline in his ability.

If Clarko wants him and he ends up in North colours then that's life..

Rosas and Parker would be a solid haul. Darling in addition to that wouldn't be too bad. I'd expect plenty of old man moments but frankly he'd be the only forward we have with an idea of leading patterns and what pressure entails. If he can teach and exemplify that stuff to the others, I'll swallow my tongue when he drops an uncontested chest mark. God knows Clarke hasn't taught them jack shit

I read a few pages back someone stating Darling is not liked amongst the playing group and WC are keen to get rid of him.

If that is in fact true, surely Simmo, given his relationship with Clarko and his love for North, and the fact he no longer coaches WC, would communicate that to Clarko??

If we move forward with Darling, it would suggest to me, that is not correct.

So many brilliant characters, no matter how many times Blackadder said it I never tired of, "Yes Darling"

mr bean bravo GIF

Rosas and Parker would be a solid haul. Darling in addition to that wouldn't be too bad. I'd expect plenty of old man moments but frankly he'd be the only forward we have with an idea of leading patterns and what pressure entails. If he can teach and exemplify that stuff to the others, I'll swallow my tongue when he drops an uncontested chest mark. God knows Clarke hasn't taught them jack shit
I’m just gonna leave this one here

Id prefer to take Mitch Lewis coming off an ACL for the same price we will get Darling for.

At least Mitch Lewis could potentially play a role for us when we are winning games.

Trade our second pick for Riccardi, get Gollant for free, get Mitch Lewis, speak to Reef Mcinnes. Get in Todd Marshall or Ollie Lords ear.

Anything but a washed Darling.
This 💯
Do we back our S&C staff to get him fit and on the park regularly in 25'? That's a good question to throw out there.
No right or wrong answers.

Also, the guy might feel rejuvenated with a move and could rediscover some good footy (like Gunston as mentioned earlier). Who knows.

He barely misses with injury as it is
Pretty hard to get injured when he can’t move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I could choose any older forward from across the league to come to the club for a couple of years on a playing contract so that we can navigate around the soft cap, in order to be able to provide insight about a successful program and being a member of a successful forward line, that person would not be Jack Darling.

It would be the even more likely cooked and would probably never pull on our jumper, Tom Hawkins.

I think it’s less about mentoring and more about winning more games of football. Darling >>> Pink. Darling >> Teakle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If F1 is on the table id imagine its Bailey Smith, given it was mentioned we're in the hunt.
I didn’t hear North mentioned in the Bailey Smith part (and was fine with that).

If that is in fact true, surely Simmo, given his relationship with Clarko and his love for North, and the fact he no longer coaches WC, would communicate that to Clarko??

If we move forward with Darling, it would suggest to me, that is not correct.
Assuming any truth to the rumour, it would also depend on why parts of the playing group didn't like him.

As an example I'm pretty sure Sam Mitchell was pretty unpopular as a player with parts of the playing group for a long while. Look how that turned out.

would love us trading F1 for Adelaide pick 4 this year. Then split pick 2 for two picks in the first round using 1 of those on Houston (if he wants to come) and taking the other two to the draft.

In: pick 4, pick 10ish and Houston.
Out: F1 and pick 2.

**** Darling. If we want a leader, theres only one player. AA, Potentially duel premiership player 2012, 2024* co captain of one of the most successful clubs the last 20 years. Its my man Parker. If his heart and head is in it, wants to roll his sleeves up and teach our young fellas, i’d give the campaigner a million bananas x 2 years. He’s basically an onfield coach. But, its a big deal breaker, he has to be ALL IN

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back