List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston is a proven player - draft picks are a lucky dip.

Splitting pick 2 for a 6/12 and handing 12 over to poort won’t be the end of the world but could help us move up. Will also make us more attractive to other players looking to move.
Port won't let Houston go for pick 12. They'd want 6 or 12 & 22/F2. Not a fan of trading for Houston but I could stomach 12 and a F2, but we'll overpay and give up 6. That's why I don't want us anywhere near trading with Port.

Daniel is a good short kick but his size you cannot have down back. The oppo just drag him to the goal square.
Then it's like Mugsy Bogues trying to guard Dikembe Mutombo. Colby has a similar issue but competes better in the contest.

Nobody plays 1 v 1 in defense anymore, they play zones.

Caleb Daniel met up for lunch with the leadership group including Sheezel in the last couple weeks.

Daniel is a good short kick but his size you cannot have down back. The oppo just drag him to the goal square.
Then it's like Mugsy Bogues trying to guard Dikembe Mutombo. Colby has a similar issue but competes better in the contest.
happened time and again with Fisher as well, although to be fair to him that could have been a result of him being the only one running back into a defensive position quick enough which ended up looking like a ridiculous one on one mismatch.

happened time and again with Fisher as well, although to be fair to him that could have been a result of him being the only one running back into a defensive position quick enough which ended up looking like a ridiculous one on one mismatch.
And in the last two games, that happened when he actually had the ball in hand.

Just got back from lunch with Clarko, I promised him that I wouldn't leak any information but there was one thing he said that I was allowed to post… The letter J.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit irritating how many oppo fans have come on here and said 'so and so could/will do wonders for you.' To do wonders for us at the moment, you need to be at an incredible level in order to be able to counteract the natural negative effect of training and playing in our system

Just got back from lunch with Clarko, I promised him that I wouldn't leak any information but there was one thing he said that I was allowed to post… The letter J.
I have no idea who you are talking about, but f*ck it -

1727242627020.png

Attachments

• happening.jpg
    happening.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
It's a bit irritating how many oppo fans have come on here and said 'so and so could/will do wonders for you.' To do wonders for us at the moment, you need to be at an incredible level in order to be able to counteract the natural negative effect of training and playing in our system

Perhaps they just come here to laugh at all the "woe is me" posts.

I find baffling that some in this thread don’t think it’s worth paying lots for Houston and just take Daniel in a pinch instead for a little cheaper (still contracted btw for two years).
If we do that it’s literally just repeating the mistakes we’ve made in trading year after year. Houston is an actual ELITE player still in his prime. He was AA only this year in a side who finished second on the ladder.
Rather than bringing in a bloke whose best is behind him like Daniel, who isn’t even a strong defender btw - as opposed to paying a bit extra for a star like Houston, would be terrible business and just make North look like the same club who can only attract questionable fringe players rather than actual stars from other clubs.
And yes… getting Houston in the door is the type of trade that could start the domino effect of other actually good players wanting to come here. Not just another Fisher/Stevens/Polec etc etc (the list goes on forever lol).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back