List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Weighing everything up, I'd really just prefer to offer 3 years to Parker on good coin.....far better risk reward in my mind, AND much better in terms of leadership to guide, mentor, and protect our kids.
I’m of the opinion we need to be start being competitive next year.
If Trac fell in our lap, after other trade options have been exhausted, you don’t kick a gift horse in the mouth.
But he certainly isn’t the last piece of the premiership puzzle for us, so I wouldn’t overpay, but I wouldn’t help another team to get him either cause I believe he’s gone from melb so they’ll both get desperate to get a deal on the last day. Wait in the background until then.

I’m of the opinion we need to be start being completive next year.
If Trac fell in our lap, after other trade options have been exhausted, you don’t kick a gift horse in the mouth.
But he certainly isn’t the last piece of the premiership puzzle for us, so I wouldn’t overpay, but I wouldn’t help another team to get him either cause I believe he’s gone from melb so it’ll get desperate to get a deal on the last day. Wait in the background until then.
Agree , neglegent not to at least look into all options

I can take guys wanting to go home, but player jumping out because the job is going to be hard kills me.

Trades are a scam. Except in rare circumstances it's just sub par mercenaries with a high opinion of themselves going for $$.

Stick with the draft. We've been burn't too many times in trades. We always over pay.

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.

Richmond have lost

-their best mid/fwd
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
A bit of it is the three flags and the strong off-field. I was pretty impressed with their CEO the other day.
Certainly more inspiring than Andrew Dillon on 360. I still think it will be a tough road for them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have lost

-their best mid/fwd

We weren’t going to get 3x firsts for them though

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back