List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Do enjoy that part of Petracca’s delicate brand curation is doing Cash Converters ads.
You can just imagine his agent saying “it’s a perfect branding synergy. You, a super-fit professional athlete with a popular cooking page on Insta and Smack Converters”. His agent then did the creepy interlocking fingers gesture whilst offering up a particularly oily smile.

You can just imagine his agent saying “it’s a perfect branding synergy. You, a super-fit professional athlete with a popular cooking page on Insta and Smack Converters”. His agent then did the creepy interlocking fingers gesture whilst offering up a particularly oily smile.

Goodwin is more your typical cash converters client.

Kangaroos4eva what do you say as our vfl expert
Only watched a few times at vfl level, mostly because he’s been injured for most of 2023 and all of 2024. Still very young, but his injury history is a concern.

Decent one on one and intercepting capabilities. Has a bit of the Ben Mckay about him when it comes to ground ball gets. He plays it very safe with his disposal and provides very little in rebounding and helping start attacks. Got some toe.

Very much a lockdown kpd at best.

They'll be pushing for finals again in 4 years.
Take it to the bank
I mean, yeah, rebuilds are usually supposed to take around that long, or a bit shorter in the better cases. But holy hell, I usually pay attention to opposition lists/players and I couldn't name a ton of their players. What the **** is a James Trezise

Mass exodus
They have a mass exodus cos their flag-winning players can't be arsed sticking around for a period of shitness.

Imo, we have players re-signing cos they're (most of them) happy in an environment that doesn't push them very hard, that's consequently fostered a period of shitness.

No bragging rights for us there, unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s the language being used about the tigers mass exodus though… “the rebuild is on” “huge draft hand” etc.

When north’s was being hypothesized with no facts whatsoever the language was negative af.

I guess premierships buy you some grace but shouldn’t the amount of players wanting out draw some concern? Why are they all wanting to leave? Family reasons are bullshit because they weren’t a problem while they were smashing out bulk flags.

Do they not like the new coach? Was Dimma the glue? No faith with the admin with gale gone?

he’s not coming to north, that will never help him grow his “brand”. if he did come to north for a straight swap for LDU knowing our luck he would retire after a year due to the traumatic stress his injury left him and LDU goes on to win a norm smith at melbourne.

my gut feeling is whichever club petracca is at, he won’t be the same pre-ruptured spleen and almost bleeding to death on the surgeons tables. i do hope petracca gets back to his best because it would be a shame to lose a quality player like him to melbournes shittys mismanagement of him.
How Melbourne mishandled him shouldn’t detract from what a diva he is sounding like from his manager’s reports. A great player, yes, but anyone would think he was the Michael Jordan of the AFL from the demands that have been leaked at this stage.

How’s the language being used about the tigers mass exodus though… “the rebuild is on” “huge draft hand” etc.

When north’s was being hypothesized with no facts whatsoever the language was negative af.

I guess premierships buy you some grace but shouldn’t the amount of players wanting out draw some concern? Why are they all wanting to leave? Family reasons are bullshit because they weren’t a problem while they were smashing out bulk flags.

Do they not like the new coach? Was Dimma the glue? No faith with the admin with gale gone?
The talk of North's mass exodus was framed like that because we've already been shit for 7 years.

I’m sick and tired of players that sign long term contracts wanting out after a couple of years because circumstances change.

I know this will never happen, but to stop this from happening and using Petracca as an example. He wants out with 4 years remaining on his contract, he shouldn’t be allowed to go to another club until that contract ends.

If the club shops a contracted player around, they should have one less list spot until the contract ends.

In both instances the player gets paid.

This should stop long term contracts being made.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
There is another issue, front loaded contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back