List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond's list is gonna be ****ing dire. Will be a nice test to see if we can rise up the ladder before they assemble their troops in a few decades

Only temporarily. They still have a good bunch of experienced guys there that can drive the standards for the young draftees. This is where we are badly lacking. So Richmond's improvement curve could end up looking a lot more like Hawthorn's rather than ours.

We might be well placed for Houston since we could turn #2 into two late firsts and some change.

Not many other clubs have the capital to get it done and since he's contracted that's crucial. He'll be back at Port, like Papley years back, if there's no deal.

Hypothetically, because picks will change, a deal like 2 and 22 to GC for 6, 13 and 20 could be great. We give 13 and 20 to Port for Houston and take Armstrong at 6. Points favour us but allows GC to get in before the Lombard deal.

Port get what they're asking for a contracted AA player, GC get two elite talents and we get a mature AA HB and a gun CHF.

Later on future trading can be used to grab someone like Gerreyn or Sims and we take River Stevens with our last pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might be well placed for Houston since we could turn #2 into two late firsts and some change.

Not many other clubs have the capital to get it done and since he's contracted that's crucial. He'll be back at Port, like Papley years back, if there's no deal.

Hypothetically, because picks will change, a deal like 2 and 22 to GC for 6, 13 and 20 could be great. We give 13 and 20 to Port for Houston and take Armstrong at 6. Points favour us but allows GC to get in before the Lombard deal.

Port get what they're asking for a contracted AA player, GC get two elite talents and we get a mature AA HB and a gun CHF.

Later on future trading can be used to grab someone like Gerreyn or Sims and we take River Stevens with our last pick.
Make it happen Eugene…

Perhaps this guy.

Liked him in his draft year. Mentioned him a few times this year as one we could look at to fill the role. Hasn’t got a look in at the swans and had a few injuries, read he will resume training in the next fortnight from a foot injury. Some swans fans aren’t really high on him, but would be worth a shot if he moves on from the swans imo.

Liked him in his draft year. Mentioned him a few times this year as one we could look at to fill the role. Hasn’t got a look in at the swans and had a few injuries, read he will resume training in the next fortnight from a foot injury. Some swans fans aren’t really high on him, but would be worth a shot if he moves on from the swans imo.
I think he is suited to the defensive Mcreery role, while we pick up River and hopefully Rosas, gives us a decent small mix.

The gif is back baby.....
The gif baby is back.....

Scared Baby GIF

Fantasy: Picket, Petracca, Lukosius, Houston

Reality: Seb Ross, Sam Day

I have a feeling we want Trainor in this draft and next year seems to have a larger pool of keys at the top end, so wonder if a future first is thrown in in some capacity...:think:

TBH, i'm not really keen on Houston. I think he's going to cost us too much in draft capital and we are already developing enough of his type with Goater, Archer and Hardeman. I don't think Houston addresses our most important need which is leadership as I see him as more of a foot soldier and not the sort of player that regularly stands up when the chips are down.

Not interested in Petracca either for a number of reasons. Not only will he cost us too much in draft capital, his contract is huge $ wise. Coming back from a serious injury that he's had, I think it would be reasonable to assume that he won't be the player he was. If he comes back at say 80% of what he was, then that basically brings him back to the pack of average midfielders that would command a 600k contract, not 1.2M - 1.7M. Sure he brings leadership, but at the expense I just mentioned, it's not worth the risk.

Our biggest issue without a doubt, as I just touched on, is leadership. A lot of us on here are calling for Sheezel, Xerri or Larkey to be made Captain but to be honest, none of these guys know what leadership in a finals competitive side looks like. Anything they've learnt from LMac or Simpkin needs to be thrown in the bin. So the only 2 ways to address this is to get the right players into our club and make them captain immediately (a Parker or Ward type) for example and have our 3 guys in the leadership group learning from them. If we can't get a straight up captain like Parker or Ward, and have to rely on a combination of Sheezel, Larkey and Xerri as Captains/ Vice Captains, then we need to bring in a retired captain to the club like a Selwood or Cotchin for example, who can work part time/ full time with these guys and give them proper direction in an off-field role.

But regardless of who we bring in to our club right now, if we don't address the leadership vacuum, our current on-field situation won't be changing in a hurry.

Edit: Lastly, Leading Teams or whoever they are, can FRO!

Last edited:

GC need 6 and/or 13 for Rioli though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back