List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

2 round 1 picks for Dan WTF is Dan Houston
Splitting pick 2 into later 1st round picks

You people are nuts,

I remember 10 years of our first pick being pick 10 to 19 and lamenting or dreaming what it would be like to have a top 3 pick.

Take pick 2 to the draft select the best talented midfielder. Get the midfield right and experienced functioning and the backline and forward line will be instantly 25% better.

Sheezel LDU Wardlaw McKercher Pick 2 supported by Powell Sympkin Phillips

You don't give up 250+ A grade midfielders for blokes you can get as free agents in 2 or 3 years time when they are needed
I'm not out to upset anyone with a different point of view, but I agree with this. Port Adelaide hold all the cards with 3 years left on Houston's deal, and are therefore in a position to hold firm on 2 firsts.

Just my opinion, and of course although Houston is quality, I don't think you spend that kind of draft capital on half backs

It would (should) take a grandfather offer for us to consider splitting or trading pick 2

You don't know that at all.... plenty of fails around 19 and 20. Look at the abuse Goad is getting for a pick 20

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And these people are morons.

Houston alone will not change our situation one bit as far as i'm concerned.

I bet any money he doesn't nominate us and that will tell you all you need to know about his leadership qualities.

And these people are morons.

Houston alone will not change our situation one bit as far as i'm concerned.

I bet any money he doesn't nominate us and that will tell you all you need to know about his leadership qualities.

Houston won't change our situation but Houston Parker an owies or Rosas plus another tall kpf will...

It's all about what they ask for, and if too much we walk away....

The fact he may not nominate us is a very likely outcome but we shouldn't not want him cause he won't nominate us is ludicrous

You people are nuts,

I remember 10 years of our first pick being pick 10 to 19 and lamenting or dreaming what it would be like to have a top 3 pick.

Take pick 2 to the draft select the best talented midfielder. Get the midfield right and experienced functioning and the backline and forward line will be instantly 25% better.

You don't give up 250+ A grade midfielders for blokes you can get as free agents in 2 or 3 years time when they are needed
I think people are simply fatigued from how long we have been garbage but we are not at top up stage yet.

I know it sucks but we simply have to keep building the list. I reckon depth like membrey are the sort of additions that will let us ride through injuries without having to field chumps like biggie which dont cost draft capital.

Recently trading with Richmond has been akin to the old trip to the tip wher you come home with more rubbish than you got rid of.

True Story: Old Man Kraks complained the other day of hitching the trailer and taking stuff to the tip and coming home with an empty trailer.. wasn’t happy there was “only rubbish there”

Again all depends on the two first rd picks.... 19 and 20 you would jump at for Houston

We need both. Houston for mvt off hb and mv fwd kerch then one of the above for wise head in the midfield

Yep 19 and 20 count as first rounders so technically gets the job done

We already have pick 22 not hard to slide that up a few spots

Then work on getting 19 with our future second and something

You people are nuts,

1. I'm not nuts. You are nuts.
2. Our dream came true, we took five midfielders (including Duursma) with top 5 picks.
3. The midfield could already be "right" but not enough time has passed to even find out. Phillips and Powell are 22. Wardlaw and Sheezel are 20. McKercher and Duursma are 19. At any point is this considered or do we just keep dumping B+ mids looking for A+ mids while we play D grade flankers and talls?
4. No teams rotate nine (don't forget Duursma) mids, especially when LDU, Phillips, Wardlaw and possibly Draper have no genuine second positions.
5. Not all top end mids are 250 gamers. Look at Phillips, Tsatas and JHF. Those first two don't reach 250 and JHF does it at another club, which one of Draper or McKercher or both will end up doing if they end up forced onto a flank or wing.
6. Houston won't be FA in two years. He will most likely be one or two years into a five year deal at a new club. The point of targeting him is we could actually satisfy a deal and get him now as no FA agents will touch us and we could actually be a chance of elite mature talent.

You people are nuts,

This x1000.

People are proposing hocking a pick that gets top 5 in the entire league talent.

I'd want an absolute blue chip "change the fortunes of the club" player in a direct trade. Judd, Franklin.

Or 2 picks inside the top 10 with 1 of them inside the top 6 in a swap.

Our shit form has turned everyone into virtual Brady's on here.

This x1000.

People are proposing hocking a pick that gets top 5 in the entire league talent.

I'd want an absolute blue chip "change the fortunes of the club" player in a direct trade. Judd, Franklin.

The top end in this draft isn't worth what you're asking. Assuming every pick 2 (3 after the Ashcroft bid) is worth a king's ransom has made you a virtual Dodoro.

This x1000.

Well as long as they stay on here iam happy

Are you insane? With that $ and the unknowns I'd be hesitant to even offer 2. They'd talk shit then fall over themselves signing that.
He can play, has high expectations and a winners attitude. At 28 he is what we need.

Depending on his recovery id defenitly consider pick 2 (which could easily be another will phil)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This x1000.

I think it's turned everyone into virtual Brad Scotts "Easy Fixes", there are no easy fixes to fixing our list.

Take best available at the draft especially with our first pick, trade to address list gaps with short-term solutions, rinse and repeat.

Year on year we should aim to improve those short-term solutions to the point where they become long term solutions and instead of picking up Biggie Nyuon we're trading for Tom Barrass.

I'm not out to upset anyone with a different point of view, but I agree with this. Port Adelaide hold all the cards with 3 years left on Houston's deal, and are therefore in a position to hold firm on 2 firsts.

Just my opinion, and of course although Houston is quality, I don't think you spend that kind of draft capital on half backs

It would (should) take a grandfather offer for us to consider splitting or trading pick 2

I wouldn't accept any offer for pick 2. If we trade it or split it, it means missing out on a Sheezel/Wardlaw/McKercher calibre player. In this case Jagga Smith or Sid Draper. Why would we do that?

Would anyone trade Sheezel, Wardlaw or McKercher for Houston or even Petracca? No ****ing way, right?

So let's take #2 to the draft and see how we go with trading and with getting Goater and/or Bergman or WDawson to step up next year.

Trading pick 2 is clown fantasy world stuff.

Yeah it’s crazy if Houston is worth 2 firsts - what is a gun forward worth

We are suppose to be cashed up to get players but how much is "cashed up"?

If we have enough then we have to get at least 3 experienced players for other clubs to come to us.

Parker, Houston, Hayes, Petracca, Battle, are a few we sould be looking at but it needs to be at least 3 to have any impact next season and beyond..

1 or 2 is not enough...

We are suppose to be cashed up to get players but how much is "cashed up"?

If we have enough then we have to get at least 3 experienced players for other clubs to come to us.

Parker, Houston, Hayes, Petracca, Battle, are a few we sould be looking at but it needs to be at least 3 to have any impact next season and beyond..

1 or 2 is not enough...
It’s kinda like the only way to get someone across is ‘here is an open checkbook’

You people are nuts,

F2 and Goad, take it leave it for Houston.

It’s kinda like the only way to get someone across is ‘here is an open checkbook’
Not so much as an open checkbook but we need to start somewhere and if we have it then its about time we used it. Whats the point of holding onto it . We need to get these players invested in the future of the club and while some might not be around when we hit finals they can at least help put us on the right path..Thats where the money talks...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back