List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

1 Fwd at North better? Cam Zurhaar....

I am sorry that i didn't make myself clear, im referring to key forward.

Zurhaar is a key forward?

Darling currently has like 530+ goals to his name...which is more than the rest of our forward 6 put together.

Are we too good for Darling?

We got belted by 96 and 124 points. We bloody need anything we can get. Our team is in dire need of experience and leadership.
Exactly and we had a massive spud in Toby pink playing forward

Give me darling over him everyday of the week

Tex walker got contract extension...at 34. It just shows, key forwards are useful until they can no longer run.

Exactly and we had a massive spud in Toby pink playing forward

Give me darling over him everyday of the week

If we can get him, it would be a coup.

Would be a great addition to allow the development of 2 key forwards.

We better draft 2 decent key fowards or throw multiple firsts to get Cadman.

I am sorry that i didn't make myself clear, im referring to key forward.

Zurhaar is a key forward?

Darling currently has like 530+ goals to his name...which is more than the rest of our forward 6 put together.
He is the same height and build as Zurhaar. What, per se, makes him a Key Fwd and Zurhaar not? Zurhaar currently kicks more goals and rates better in every stat except tackles (0.1per game less)

Darling has 530 his to his name because he is a dinosaur who has been around for 13 seasons.. If he was better than OK he would have more goals with the service he was provided from 2013-2020.

What leadership does he provide? Hes not improving West Coast any... just because hes old doesnt mean hes a leader.

Who do you think are the other options we can get that guy that role?
Playing Comben in his natural role for starters.

Wright and Lobb would be massive upgrades on Darling. Both offer something in the air which Larkey doesn’t. Both could be gettable with more guaranteed game time. Although Lobb less likely now that he’s settled in Dogs backline.

Membrey is a few cm shorter but would offer more then Darling, wasn’t inspired by us being linked with him either but a choice out of the two I’m taking Membrey.

Younger options, Riccardi from the giants, with Cadman finding form he may be one tempted by guaranteed games.

Ofcourse this all would hinge on having a proactive list manager capable of selling more opportunities to players. And not getting sucked into players other clubs have had enough of because they can’t cut it anymore, hello Zac Fisher & Dylan Stephens..

We have a real issue of recruiting veteran players that don't improve the team, under the guise of "leadership".

Shiels and Greenwood are examples, Darling would be the exact same.

Stop providing these blokes with an extra paycheck before retirement and start targeting senior players that will improve us from Day 1 FFS.

Without these players, we would be luck to win 1 game this year.

We will not suddenly start winning 10+ games in 2025, that won't happen.

2025, 26, 27 is about getting the youngsters understanding how to win. 3 seasons will get an extra 60 games into them thus putting the core groups closer to 100 games.

2028 will be the year to attack the comp admist the chaos of new club.

If people is just looking at the win/loss ratio then we slip right back to the laidly, scott era thinking.

He is the same height and build as Zurhaar. What, per se, makes him a Key Fwd and Zurhaar not? Zurhaar currently kicks more goals and rates better in every stat except tackles (0.1per game less)

Darling has 530 his to his name because he is a dinosaur who has been around for 13 seasons.. If he was better than OK he would have more goals with the service he was provided from 2013-2020.

What leadership does he provide? Hes not improving West Coast any... just because hes old doesnt mean hes a leader.

height does not equate to key position status.

Going by your stat reference, micky martyn should be a midfielder in today's game as he's only 190cm where some key backs today are 2m+

Darling provides huge mobility across half forward with great pressure and ball handling at the ground level, zurhaar cannot provide that. Z could and should play more onball to increase his versatility and add new, unique dimension to our midfield.

Playing Comben in his natural role for starters.

Wright and Lobb would be massive upgrades on Darling. Both offer something in the air which Larkey doesn’t. Both could be gettable with more guaranteed game time. Although Lobb less likely now that he’s settled in Dogs backline.

Membrey is a few cm shorter but would offer more then Darling, wasn’t inspired by us being linked with him either but a choice out of the two I’m taking Membrey.

Younger options, Riccardi from the giants, with Cadman finding form he may be one tempted by guaranteed games.

Ofcourse this all would hinge on having a proactive list manager capable of selling more opportunities to players. And not getting sucked into players other clubs have had enough of because they can’t cut it anymore, hello Zac Fisher & Dylan Stephens..

For for us to attract the big names, we must make breakthrough to become THE club that could consistently develop discards of other clubs into decent role players.

Second, we must have at the very least, afl standard medico team.

If we don't get these 2 areas address, forget about attracting big names as it will be trying use leaky basket to fetch water.

Darling provides huge mobility across half forward with great pressure and ball handling at the ground level, zurhaar cannot provide that. Z could and should play more onball to increase his versatility and add new, unique dimension to our midfield.
You haven’t seen him play in the last 5 years have you? Just be honest… “Darling provides huge mobility across half forward with great pressure”… good lord lol.

You haven’t seen him play the last 5 years have you? Just be honest… “Darling provides huge mobility across half forward with great pressure”… good ****ing lord.
Now now… there was that time he drove that Segway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex walker got contract extension...at 34. It just shows, key forwards are useful until they can no longer run.
Deadset. If you think Walkers output is on a par with Darlings....I have a Nigerian prince mate I'd like you to meet.

You haven’t seen him play in the last 5 years have you? Just be honest… “Darling provides huge mobility across half forward with great pressure”… good lord lol.

Oh, so we have someone better than Darling at our club outside of larkey?

Please do enlighten as i would like the ask why he hasn't made his debut yet?

If the club thinks teakle or pink is 2nd key forward then we won't get out of bottom 4 anytime soon.

Did the old ultimately futile oppo board venture. They say there's still good stuff (pressures well, apparently had 12 tackles in a return game this year after being dropped) but brain fades happen and age is catching up in regards to some things. Brighter than I expected and they've no real reason to slander him, as he's a premiership player and a bee's dick from 300. Still think we can do better but **** knows. Teakle won't be winning us games any time soon, will he.

It's good fun being Snoz for an off-season, at any rate

Darling is like 2x better then Drew Petrie when he left your club

I had heard that we were into Hawkins as a forwards coach. I wonder if he's turned us down and now we're looking at a stop gap/tom lynch situation where darling will end up a VFL coach while providing some coverage.
God knows we need some structure in the fwd line.

Without these players, we would be luck to win 1 game this year.

We will not suddenly start winning 10+ games in 2025, that won't happen.

2025, 26, 27 is about getting the youngsters understanding how to win. 3 seasons will get an extra 60 games into them thus putting the core groups closer to 100 games.

2028 will be the year to attack the comp admist the chaos of new club.

If people is just looking at the win/loss ratio then we slip right back to the laidly, scott era thinking.
What are you talking about? Shiels and Greenwood didn't propel us to 3 wins this year.

And the 3 years of learning is garbage as well. We've been 3 years away for 5 f***ing years now.

I honestly believe we have the talent to win up to 10 games next year, we just need some quality leadership from senior players to drag us over the line, or properly put away teams when we are on top.

Darling isn't that player. Currently our best on field leader is Sheezel, which is insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back