List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we are talking to Luke Park, Jack Darling, Tomlinson etc - says to me we actually are a retirement pay check while we seek to bring in 1-3 senior pro role models that can contribute to helping us get off the bottom of the ladder.
Talking yes. And that’s all it is at the moment ….speculation.
Tomlinson….maybe extra cover….and yes our backline needs it
I’ll take Parker everyday of the week…standards and that game a couple of weeks ago l thought he was done but boy did he drag that team over the line. Be great for two years if he can do it…
Realistically….we maybe luck to get one… and I say chase him.
But a guy that has absolutely checked out and lets be honest he’s wayyy past his prime compared to what Parker could bring …each to their own but no thanks from me.

This club makes it ****ing hard sometimes. 191cm, 343 next year, as mobile as a bag of cement. Can we seriously not do any better than that
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Seems like the same ignorant comments when we signed Jarrad Waite. We’ll get him for nothing. He’s the second highest goal scorer for West Coasr ever. Can help out Larky and allow Comben to stay back more with a fit Logue.

He had a couple of quieter seasons whilst West Coast have been dogshit but he’s still averaging a goal a game and missed not many so seems durable. Will add some leadership and be good to have at the club behind the scenes too I’m sure.

Talking yes. And that’s all it is at the moment ….speculation.
Tomlinson….maybe extra cover….and yes our backline needs it
I’ll take Parker everyday of the week…standards and that game a couple of weeks ago l thought he was done but boy did he drag that team over the line. Be great for two years if he can do it…
Realistically….we maybe luck to get one… and I say chase him.
But a guy that has absolutely checked out and lets be honest he’s wayyy past his prime compared to what Parker could bring …each to their own but no thanks from me.

That’s for Clarko and crew to work out. I’m not the Jack Darking expert or coaching but he fits the bill as to what our general strategy is this trade period.

That’s for Clarko and crew to work out. I’m not the Jack Darking expert or coaching but he fits the bill as to what our general strategy is this trade period.
Neither am l and it will be interesting to see what unfolds…but personally I think it’s the wrong move.
Guess that’s what makes silly season interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we too good for Darling?

We got belted by 96 and 124 points. We bloody need anything we can get. Our team is in dire need of experience and leadership.
He’s already playing in a team who are getting belted every other week and not contributing. He is exactly who we DONT need. Why continually stack our list full of spuds that wouldn’t crack a game anywhere else.

There are other options out there if Rawlings wasn’t a useless campaigner. We don’t just have to settle for washed up hacks on big contracts. Enough is enough already.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Seems like the same ignorant comments when we signed Jarrad Waite. We’ll get him for nothing. He’s the second highest goal scorer for West Coasr ever. Can help out Larky and allow Comben to stay back more with a fit Logue.

He had a couple of quieter seasons whilst West Coast have been dogshit but he’s still averaging a goal a game and missed not many so seems durable. Will add some leadership and be good to have at the club behind the scenes too I’m sure.
There was never a question mark around Waite's onfield contributions, it was a matter of whether he'd be able to remain injury free. He was a rolls royce and anyone with any footy knowledge whatsoever knew that.

There's a great big question mark with bells hanging off it lingering around Darling's onfield contributions. He's slow as shit. He drops marks. West Coast fans wanted him gone earlier in the year.

Might as well cut out the middleman and make him a forwards coach if we want him in a leadership capacity. It'd be like getting Shiels at the start of this year rather than last year

He’s already playing in a team who are getting belted every other week and not contributing. He is exactly who we DONT need. Why continually stack our list full of spuds that wouldn’t crack a game anywhere else.

There are other options out there if Rawlings wasn’t a useless campaigner. We don’t just have to settle for washed up hacks on big contracts. Enough is enough already.

Who do you think are the other options we can get that guy that role?

No he isn't. We have state league quality talls coming out of our ears already - but no decent small forwards. CCJ, Pink, Teakle, Biggie, Darling. Are we collecting potatoes?

So name another key forward we have at the club that is better than Darling?

The list you have just mentioned other than Darling are not forwards and will never be forwards.

We are in this position because we let brown go for nothing and did not pick up wright, weidman when we had the chance.

For whatever reason, we didn't feel the need to draft some in the 2020 to 2023 draft or the midseason.

We have a real issue of recruiting veteran players that don't improve the team, under the guise of "leadership".

Shiels and Greenwood are examples, Darling would be the exact same.

Stop providing these blokes with an extra paycheck before retirement and start targeting senior players that will improve us from Day 1 FFS.

We have a real issue of recruiting veteran players that don't improve the team, under the guise of "leadership".

Shiels and Greenwood are examples, Darling would be the exact same.

Stop providing these blokes with an extra paycheck before retirement and start targeting senior players that will improve us from Day 1 FFS.
I'd take Sam Day. Anyone but this hack who made a career playing alongside Josh Kennedy

1 Fwd at North better? Cam Zurhaar....
So name another key forward we have at the club that is better than Darling?

The list you have just mentioned other than Darling are not forwards and will never be forwards.

We are in this position because we let brown go for nothing and did not pick up wright, weidman when we had the chance.

For whatever reason, we didn't feel the need to draft some in the 2020 to 2023 draft or the midseason.

Same height. Same build. Can take a mark.
Screenshot_20240830-201533_Chrome.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back