List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me. We've won 15 games in 5 years and have no tall forwards that hit the scoreboard other than Larkey.

If Darling can at least half a contest and kick one or 2 goals a game for 24 months, that's a win and takes the pressure off Larkey.

Who's great idea was it to let brown go and not pick up any key forwards after 2020?

This has to be BS. Absolutely the last thing we need is an immobile dinosaur who can't provide any forward pressure. Top teams don't play anyone like Jack anymore. He could possibly be worse than Toby Pink or Brynn Teakle. We need speed and agility in our forwards, Jack is the exact opposite.

until we can deliver the ball foward with speed and efficiency, darling is exactly the type we need.

**** me. We've won 15 games in 5 years and have no tall forwards that hit the scoreboard other than Larkey.

If Darling can at least half a contest and kick one or 2 goals a game for 24 months, that's a win and takes the pressure off Larkey.

Why cant we go and get one who can actually move?

One of the following will do:

Lachlan Gollant - (FMD his family are all North Melbourne!)
Logan Morris
Reef Mcinnes
Peter Wright

All far better options that a 33 year old who is checked out.

Would prefer to see Jack get to 300 at WCE(from a sentimental viewpoint) but probably a good bit of business between the 2 clubs if he's open to moving.

Bloke is durable and an elite trainer.

Obviously winding down from his younger lofty heights but you won't get someone half-arsing their way for a paycheck from him. He's a competitor.
Weirdly, think Melb is the best place for him… he would be a good mentor for JVR and would fill a spot they need…
Ideally we would need a contested mark… Darling had his strengths and I get why we would be linked, just think it’s getting linked more from your end by hope

Weirdly, think Melb is the best place for him… he would be a good mentor for JVR and would fill a spot they need…
Ideally we would need a contested mark… Darling had his strengths and I get why we would be linked, just think it’s getting linked more from your end by hope
I’m thinking …it’s a rubbish paper and the key word l picked up on is BELIEVED.
HARD PASS…..WE are not a club for retirement paycheques

This has to be BS. Absolutely the last thing we need is an immobile dinosaur who can't provide any forward pressure. Top teams don't play anyone like Jack anymore. He could possibly be worse than Toby Pink or Brynn Teakle. We need speed and agility in our forwards, Jack is the exact opposite.

This guy is an elite trainer with good standards, he’s played nearly all games this year and averages a goal and 3 tackles a game still.

I think for a short contract he’s perfect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m thinking …it’s a rubbish paper and the key word l picked up on is BELIEVED.
HARD PASS…..WE are not a club for retirement paycheques

Considering we are talking to Luke Park, Jack Darling, Tomlinson etc - says to me we actually are a retirement pay check while we seek to bring in 1-3 senior pro role models that can contribute to helping us get off the bottom of the ladder.

22 goals for the year from 21 which does surprise me… he did have a purple patch there (so to speak)

Obviously has been told Allen & Waterman start with him in reserve…
Normally we go after potatoes that perform well against us. But looking through those stats, he's terrible to ok (sometimes) against us. This has to be a wind up.

Normally we go after potatoes that perform well against us. But looking through those stats, he's terrible to ok (sometimes) against us. This has to be a wind up.

He’s exactly the sort Clarko has been talking about bringing in.

Excellent training standards, leadership to support the younger squad and experience to help us win some games.

Last edited:
Considering we are talking to Luke Park, Jack Darling, Tomlinson etc - says to me we actually are a retirement pay check while we seek to bring in 1-3 senior pro role models that can contribute to helping us get off the bottom of the ladder.
Brynn Teakle does just as much (yes less tackles) in 20+% less game time and probably 400k less a year....

Personally, I think it’s a poor move.

To me our biggest problem is getting the ball inside 50, we go in less than any other team. Then when we get it in it shotguns out because we can’t apply any pressure.

Darling does nothing to resolve these issues.

If we want a cooked WC player then go after Jamie Cripps, at least he’s a position of need.

Personally, I think it’s a poor move.

To me our biggest problem is getting the ball inside 50, we go in less than any other team. Then when we get it in it shotguns out because we can’t apply any pressure.

Darling does nothing to resolve these issues.

If we want a cooked WC player then go after Jamie Cripps, at least he’s a position of need.
Ryan I’d be tempted on

But agree with you, Rosas and another small forward… ideally a tackling machine and spend our first on a partner for Larkey

Please not Jack Darling. Please.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back