List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If anything Sam McClure said about Petracca is true, it makes Petracca sound like the absolute biggest w***er out there.
Maybe. The line about "I want to play in front of bigger crowds" might just be an 'objective' and polite way of providing a reason to leave.

The sledgehammer line might come next - you nearly killed me and I'll see you in court

100% on Higgins. Letting him go for nothing when he wanted to stay was a horrendous decision.

Not giving in to Browns demands has been proven to be the right call long term. We played our hand poorly, whose fault that is is difficult to say but it is fair to say the list management team as a whole didn't get maximum value for the cards we had. What we do know is that if Brown got what he wanted, he would have been paid $750 K this year or the equivalent of in his fifth year of the deal he asked for.

Trading for Stephenson and getting him is a tick for list management. That it didn't work out? I would say he is at least equally responsible. I won't argue if.you want to say the other 50% lies with development but it's not really quantifiable.

The original offer to Tarrant of one year was reasonable. I agree that our inability to sell our counter offer matching the Tigers offer was unfortunate. If the reason for that is we had already burnt that bridge then by all means we should be highly critical of the list management team. If he left because the offers were similar but the allure of playing for a.big club or the chance to play in a premiership was too much to resist that is the world we live in.

This whole.Brady and Co mentality regarding who is responsible for the current state of our list is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of list management and the different roles people within that team have played over the past 5 years.

The same premise that blames Terry Wallace for drafting Richard Tambling, despite Terry only getting the coaching job at Richmond a few weeks prior to that draft. Despite Terry repeatedly stating he had no say in that draft as the list managers had already done the work.
I don't agree with all of your points - but wanted to acknowledge an example of a respectful rebuttal. :thumbsu:

Could we look at Taylor Adams? Could be out of the mix come finals at the Swans and he might just be looking for a place where he will feel wanted at this stage of his career. Wouldn't cost a lot in terms of trade assets and seems a solid citizen, albeit injury prone.

Higgo is and will always be a shinboner. Our vice Captain, an All Australian, 2 x BnF, 108 games and if it weren’t for injury maybe another jacket and Bnf too. God he was an absolute RECRUIT for us.
Back when we recruited him, my old man said "jeez the Roos have got a player, he'll be a gun for you when he gets fit". He was spot on.

Higgins and Waitey were genuine gun recruits and loved them both in the royal blue & white.

Back when we recruited him, my old man said "jeez the Roos have got a player, he'll be a gun for you when he gets fit". He was spot on.

Higgins and Waitey were genuine gun recruits and loved them both in the royal blue & white.
Waite retired a year early in the end. Spoke volumes how older players always said they couldn't get a straight answer on club direction so both Thompson and Waite just made the call themselves with a bit left in the tank.

Waite retired a year early in the end. Spoke volumes how older players always said they couldn't get a straight answer on club direction so both Thompson and Waite just made the call themselves with a bit left in the tank.
Waite probably one of my favourite ever North players and he only spent 4 years on the list.

Yeah for all the good work to get these guys to the club we undid a hell of a lot more seeing them out of the club..

Could we look at Taylor Adams? Could be out of the mix come finals at the Swans and he might just be looking for a place where he will feel wanted at this stage of his career. Wouldn't cost a lot in terms of trade assets and seems a solid citizen, albeit injury prone.

Can't kick over a jam tin and he'd spray it 10 metres wide of it if he was aiming for it

I'm sure you could Google the article, but to paraphrase W80 at the time, he asked about the club's plans for him for the following year. Brad said he might get a contract, but they wanted to get a bunch of others out the way first before they decide.
Jarrad said nah don't bother I'll just retire.
**** Brad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trade bell has rung at SEN for the first time this silly season. They’re discussing rumours now. Apart from LDU being close to recommitting soon the other North rumour raised was Tim Membrey being of interest to North to assist Nick Larkey. Went on to mention a 3yr deal on the table.

The trade bell has rung at SEN for the first time this silly season. They’re discussing rumours now. Apart from LDU being close to recommitting soon the other North rumour raised was Tim Membrey being of interest to North to assist Nick Larkey. Went on to mention a 3yr deal on the table.
I'd take him in the forward line. We need contested markers.
Hope LDU stays btw

The board, list management team and coaches should be praying in thanks to whoever they believe in that we have Sheezel on the list. Because if we didn't, there would be absolutely no hope in this club.

Abit dramatic and OTT! There is a lot more talent on the list than Sheez. Yes he is clearly the gun, but there is still some other good young talent. Still some dead work to clear too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

30 odd years old? Bit of campaigner in him, genuine leadership experience. Ticks quite a few boxes, and is UFA yeah? We could do worse I reckon.

The absolute best. Higgins was elite and all class and Waitey was just an excitement machine. Loved them both. We could use a couple just like them atm, and the rest

Membrey is 188cm shorter than Zurhaar 190cm. Yes Membrey plays bigger than his height suggests id agree, but surely we look at Cam and Duursma filling that spot.

We are one of the worst teams in history, and he has just played consecutive seasons as a best 22 player in a premiership team, and a side that won the minor premiership. But nah couldn't squeeze him in..
It more about using list spots to find players who can be premiership players for us.

Membrey is 188cm shorter than Zurhaar 190cm. Yes Membrey plays bigger than his height suggests id agree, but surely we look at Cam and Duursma filling that spot.

If rumours are true we see him perhaps as a stop gap measure to save said kids as they develop.

Little birdie told me this morning Carlton have enquired about our pick 2.

Pretty obvious what they want it for.

They could be desperate here.
Wonder why they would bother? They have one first rounder outside the top 10, and its supremely unlikely any their top line players who fit a list need for us will agree to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back