List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

It more about using list spots to find players who can be premiership players for us.
I couldn't disagree more. We need players who can come in and provide a foil for our talented youth as they develop. We dont have the capacity to hit trade and free agency at the moment and attract high end talent. Players from successful programs who can be valuable role models throughout the week as well as on the weekend will help uplift the whole team, regardless if they end up being there on our next finals run or not.

The trade bell has rung at SEN for the first time this silly season. They’re discussing rumours now. Apart from LDU being close to recommitting soon the other North rumour raised was Tim Membrey being of interest to North to assist Nick Larkey. Went on to mention a 3yr deal on the table.
Gold, after drafting a plethora of medium forwards, nmfc decides none of them are up to it and go for Membrey, story probably has legs because of the stupidity of it.

Sam Day and Tim Membrey FTW

No draft capital required.

The trade bell has rung at SEN for the first time this silly season. They’re discussing rumours now. Apart from LDU being close to recommitting soon the other North rumour raised was Tim Membrey being of interest to North to assist Nick Larkey. Went on to mention a 3yr deal on the table.

There's a fair bit of baggage with Membrey. I hope he's in a better headspace these days.

From the Collingwood Board

"Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win"

WTF

Membrey is 188cm shorter than Zurhaar 190cm. Yes Membrey plays bigger than his height suggests id agree, but surely we look at Cam and Duursma filling that spot.
Zuurhar is 189cm not that much difference. Membrey is bigger bodied, plays pressure football and show more desire to contest the ball than Zuurhar.. It would also release Zuurhar to maybe play more mid field time if he can improve his tank. l think he would help Duursma and is a more a team orientated player that Zuurhar...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little birdie told me this morning Carlton have enquired about our pick 2.

Pretty obvious what they want it for.

They could be desperate here.
Interesting.

Pick 2 in a good draft before an expansion team comes in. That pick is worth a lot.
Someone put Brady out in the sun so the soggy cardboard that he's made of can dry out and be at least a little bit rigid

I couldn't disagree more. We need players who can come in and provide a foil for our talented youth as they develop. We dont have the capacity to hit trade and free agency at the moment and attract high end talent. Players from successful programs who can be valuable role models throughout the week as well as on the weekend will help uplift the whole team, regardless if they end up being there on our next finals run or not.
We have enough. Down back Logue, LMac, Corr, K.Dawson. Mids Simpkin, Scott, LDU, X then Larkey and Zurhaar. Plus CCJ and Elmo fit in the mature body category.
What we need is talent.

From the Collingwood Board

"Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win"

WTF
That's it? Pick 2 for Pendlebury?

WTF indeed!!!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Back when we recruited him, my old man said "jeez the Roos have got a player, he'll be a gun for you when he gets fit". He was spot on.

Higgins and Waitey were genuine gun recruits and loved them both in the royal blue & white.
absolutely! got the absolutely best of of them, always showed they could play well at their previous clubs but at north it was way more consistent.

Rawlings pick 2 for Jack Martin, Matthew Kennedy and Yowies ,tempting. You know he wants too lol

I'd have him. Always seems to play pretty well when I watch StKilda. Not overly tall, but a genuine strong, marking target.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Look Trac, don’t go making your issue a wider AFL and North issue.
The **** would take that much of a risk on a 28 year old who endured traumatic life threatening injuries all while being beat up by Harley Reid earlier in the season.
We couldnt even sustainably rehab Sam Durdin after cutting his hand trying to open a ****ing icey-pole.

Can’t believe John Noble didn’t approach us with the family history lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back