List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Day might be one to look at. What’s his injury history like? Does he just sit in the seconds because they have too many talls up there
Didn't he dislocate his hip early days? Don't know of that's had any long term impact.

Absolutely one to look at though.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We have enough. Down back Logue, LMac, Corr, K.Dawson. Mids Simpkin, Scott, LDU, X then Larkey and Zurhaar. Plus CCJ and Elmo fit in the mature body category.
What we need is talent.
With all due respect how has this approach been working out? We have talent on the list, and we will get more top end talent in through the draft this year. What we lack are good, experienced players and leaders who understand what best practice looks like on and off the football field. Players from well run, highly successful AFL programs who can help the team develop alongside the coaching staff. Some of the North Melbourne players you mentioned are great individual talents, but the reality is they are indoctrinated to the North Melbourne way of things. They are career losers. They dont know any different, and that isnt there fault. A couple of veterans could make a significant difference to the long term direction of the club imo. They dont have to be world beaters, just have seen what good football looks like on and off the field and help instil it within our own group.

I'm sure you could Google the article, but to paraphrase W80 at the time, he asked about the club's plans for him for the following year. Brad said he might get a contract, but they wanted to get a bunch of others out the way first before they decide.
Jarrad said nah don't bother I'll just retire.
**** Brad.
I seem to recall W80 being on record as wanting to move aside to give Larkey opportunities,,,,,as I recall the following season, Souva was playing VFL, and W80 either wrote a column or was quoted in the media as more or less saying "WTF I retired to give him opportunities, he needs to play AFL now".

F*** facilitating any club getting better unless we come out substantially on top of any trade.

If pick 2 unlocks Petracca for Carlton we should be asking for massive overs. We literally have no need to help them get that done.

I seem to recall W80 being on record as wanting to move aside to give Larkey opportunities,,,,,as I recall the following season, Souva was playing VFL, and W80 either wrote a column or was quoted in the media as more or less saying "WTF I retired to give him opportunities, he needs to play AFL now".
Ahhh peak Scott.

Back when we recruited him, my old man said "jeez the Roos have got a player, he'll be a gun for you when he gets fit". He was spot on.

Higgins and Waitey were genuine gun recruits and loved them both in the royal blue & white.
My two favourite non original North players. Love seeing old footage of Waite and his passionate celebrations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From SEN Trade Bell:

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”

Harry McKay

“I’ve touched base with the manager of Harry McKay, who emphatically shut down any chance he would be involved. He is an absolute no (on being traded) 100 per cent.”

“ABSOLUTELY NO WAY”: MANAGER OF CARLTON FORWARD MCKAY SHUTS DOWN MELBOURNE RUMOURS

Richmond's looming exodus

“It’s the best chance they’ll ever get to fast-track their rebuild in a deep and consistent draft.”

Shai Bolton, the trade request with four years to run on a contract worth more than $1 million a season. Wants to get back to WA. Fremantle has the draft picks to make it possible.

Daniel Rioli is contracted for another three, wants to play for Gold Coast, they want him and they have the first round picks.”

Liam Baker wants to get back to WA as well. West Coast fan as a kid. That’s the most likely.

“Well the most likely is Jack Graham who has four years on offer from West Coast as an unrestricted free agent.”

Ivan Soldo

“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”

“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”

Luke Davies-Uniacke

“He’s a free agent next year. I don’t expect him to be going anywhere. I think if you’re a North supporter, you can breathe relatively easily.”

Jake Stringer

“He’s pushing hard for two years. Bombers offering one. I think he gets the two, but this is always a fascinating watch.”

Nick Haynes

Nick Haynes played on the weekend. It’ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.”

Matt Owies

“He’s kicked the third most goals for Carlton and can’t get a new deal, in fact the Blues won’t even enter into negotiations with him.”

“List spots are tight, the Camporeale twins are coming in, the cap is tight, he’s being made to wait.

Caleb Marchbank, Jack Martin and David Cuningham are all out of contract and facing uncertain futures.”

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”

“Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

Isaac Cumming

“Port Adelaide have also come late to snare Isaac Cumming, but the Crows are in the box seat – could be as much as a five-year deal from the Crows.”

“At Adelaide, it’s shaping up to be an active trade period when you factor in Jack Lukosius and Alex Neal-Bullen as well.”

Jack Lukosius

“We did raise this back in April. Several rival clubs knew he was gettable and it has played out that way. My information is the Suns would facilitate a trade for him.”

“His contracted until 2026, so this is not a Jack Bowes situation. He’s on the hit-list for Adelaide.”

Adam Tomlinson

“Set to leave Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent. Wants more opportunity. Just wants to play. Is St Kilda the home as his third club?”

Josh Battle

“It would be a shock if it’s not Hawthorn. Sam Mitchell has really driven this.”

Tom Barrass

“This is a really strange one. He rejected Sydney’s interest twice due to loyalty to West Coast, logistical and family reasons, took less money to stay, but thought they’d scratch his back and look after him. The restructuring of that contract hasn’t been to the levels he wanted. Hawthorn’s offered five years.”

Bailey Smith

“You’d be absolutely staggered if it was anyone other than Geelong.”

We are one of the worst teams in history, and he has just played consecutive seasons as a best 22 player in a premiership team, and a side that won the minor premiership. But nah couldn't squeeze him in..

Have you watched him? He was squeezed out of Collingwood's midfield, left for more opportunities in Sydney's midfield and has been squeezed out of there onto a flank.

His kicking is attrocious and his injury history isn't that flash either.

From SEN Trade Bell:

Christian Petracca

“These are the facts as we know it. He wants to leave Melbourne. He wants to play for another club. He wants it to be a big Victorian club with all the resources that sit behind that,” Edmund said.

“Over the weekend and into yesterday he made it clear to the Demons that he wants to be traded with the five years remaining on that contract worth $1 million per season.

“Melbourne remain absolutely resolute publicly and privately that he will not be traded under any circumstances.

“I can tell you Melbourne aren’t even completely clear as to what his issues are, which is incredible.

“Depending on who Petracca talks to, it’s different. If he talks to the players, his issue is with the leadership of the club and when he talks to the leadership, his issue is with the players and the off-field stuff.

“The brand side of things has always been very important to him and then there’s even some who wonder whether his relationship with Ben Simmons on the other side of the planet had something to do with it all.

“The club is so disappointed and so bemused by it all. They’re completely perplexed. They thought it would simmer down, but it’s now abundantly clear that that’s not the case.

“Some relationships with teammates are going to need repairing if he is to remain there. There’s some real frustration there.”

Harry McKay

“I’ve touched base with the manager of Harry McKay, who emphatically shut down any chance he would be involved. He is an absolute no (on being traded) 100 per cent.”

“ABSOLUTELY NO WAY”: MANAGER OF CARLTON FORWARD MCKAY SHUTS DOWN MELBOURNE RUMOURS

“It’s the best chance they’ll ever get to fast-track their rebuild in a deep and consistent draft.”

Shai Bolton, the trade request with four years to run on a contract worth more than $1 million a season. Wants to get back to WA. Fremantle has the draft picks to make it possible.

Daniel Rioli is contracted for another three, wants to play for Gold Coast, they want him and they have the first round picks.”

Liam Baker wants to get back to WA as well. West Coast fan as a kid. That’s the most likely.

“Well the most likely is Jack Graham who has four years on offer from West Coast as an unrestricted free agent.”

Ivan Soldo

“It is an absolute watch. He hasn’t even been there 12 months yet. He’s got a level of disenchantment a year into his career at Port Adelaide.”

“He’s battled a knee injury and has now lost his spot in the side. It’s one to keep an eye on. It hasn’t quite worked out for him at Port Adelaide.”

Luke Davies-Uniacke

“He’s a free agent next year. I don’t expect him to be going anywhere. I think if you’re a North supporter, you can breathe relatively easily.”

Jake Stringer

“He’s pushing hard for two years. Bombers offering one. I think he gets the two, but this is always a fascinating watch.”

Nick Haynes

“Nick Haynes played on the weekend. It’ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.”

Matt Owies

“He’s kicked the third most goals for Carlton and can’t get a new deal, in fact the Blues won’t even enter into negotiations with him.”

“List spots are tight, the Camporeale twins are coming in, the cap is tight, he’s being made to wait.

Caleb Marchbank, Jack Martin and David Cuningham are all out of contract and facing uncertain futures.”

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”

“Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

Isaac Cumming

“Port Adelaide have also come late to snare Isaac Cumming, but the Crows are in the box seat – could be as much as a five-year deal from the Crows.”

“At Adelaide, it’s shaping up to be an active trade period when you factor in Jack Lukosius and Alex Neal-Bullen as well.”

Jack Lukosius

“We did raise this back in April. Several rival clubs knew he was gettable and it has played out that way. My information is the Suns would facilitate a trade for him.”

“His contracted until 2026, so this is not a Jack Bowes situation. He’s on the hit-list for Adelaide.”

Adam Tomlinson

“Set to leave Melbourne as an unrestricted free agent. Wants more opportunity. Just wants to play. Is St Kilda the home as his third club?”

Josh Battle

“It would be a shock if it’s not Hawthorn. Sam Mitchell has really driven this.”

Tom Barrass

“This is a really strange one. He rejected Sydney’s interest twice due to loyalty to West Coast, logistical and family reasons, took less money to stay, but thought they’d scratch his back and look after him. The restructuring of that contract hasn’t been to the levels he wanted. Hawthorn’s offered five years.”

Bailey Smith

That sounds like a fair character assassination against trac, he almost died on the football field, we’ve got heaps of issues with players and staff at melb but it’s clearly not us, it’s him because he’s a pre-Madonna.

From SEN Trade Bell:

Christian Petracca

Harry McKay

Ivan Soldo

Luke Davies-Uniacke

Jake Stringer

Nick Haynes

“Nick Haynes played on the weekend. It’ll be his last season at the Giants ahead of a move to Carlton as an unrestricted free agent. This one should happen no issue.”

Matt Owies

Harry Perryman

Isaac Cumming

Jack Lukosius

Adam Tomlinson

Josh Battle

Tom Barrass

Bailey Smith

Melbourne can't figure out what Petracca's issue is - hint: they damn near killed him, start with that

F*** facilitating any club getting better unless we come out substantially on top of any trade.

If pick 2 unlocks Petracca for Carlton we should be asking for massive overs. We literally have no need to help them get that done.
Absolutely, the bending over to maximise tigers chol compo through the taz deal was a disgrace. We dont have to do to dodo levels of isolating our selves but at least show some plumbs.

Have you watched him? He was squeezed out of Collingwood's midfield, left for more opportunities in Sydney's midfield and has been squeezed out of there onto a flank.

His kicking is attrocious and his injury history isn't that flash either.
Have you watched North? Just because he got squeezed out of a premiership midfield doesn't mean he couldn't play a valuable role for a team that won 6 games in 2 years. He's played in 32 wins in the last two years which is more wins than nearly every player on our list has had in their career. Sydney have a great track record in recruiting and got him to the club, likely not only because of his capability but his character. Would add immediate value to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back