List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Owies but don't get your hopes up that he'd do very well with us.

Averages fewer tackles inside 50 than Curtis and Zurhaar, and only has marginally more goals, despite far more opportunity and two very competent KPFs bringing the ball to ground.
He seems to take the game on.
Something we're missing.

If anyone suggests having a look at Josh Schache, does it automatically constitute a 4 week ban from BigFooty?

I think if we're looking at bringing players in from other clubs, the priority has to be tough, experienced, leadership types with finals/ premiership experience. Parker, Ward, Macrae etc. These are the type of players that can turn the dial for us both short and more importantly long term. As far as i'm concerned, we don't have anyone on our list right now that is capable of being Captain because either they are too inexperienced or they have no idea what type of standards need to be set in order for us to be a finals contender. This needs to be learned and taught by others who have already been down that path before any of our kids can take the reigns themselves.

Averages fewer tackles inside 50 than Curtis and Zurhaar, and only has marginally more goals, despite far more opportunity and two very competent KPFs bringing the ball to ground.
Yeah, in this decade, why would someone who once played for a good club, take on the responsibility of applying 100% each week at North.
We’ve seen it that many times.

Polec, Fisher, Stephenson, Corr, etc

Shiels, Waite, were anomalies from a different generation.

These guys know what is expected when they come to North now. So don’t touch them. Keep going with the youth or people that actually support the club or respect their own development.

So presumably the Bulldogs aren't going to play all of Norton, Darcy and Ugle-Hagan moving forward. They also have Croft as a 201 cm key forward for the future. They seem to have solved the Lobbe problem by playing him as a backman, but could Naughton be shaken loose? I have no idea of contract status or any of that stuff.

So presumably the Bulldogs aren't going to play all of Norton, Darcy and Ugle-Hagan moving forward. They also have Croft as a 201 cm key forward for the future. They seem to have solved the Lobbe problem by playing him as a backman, but could Naughton be shaken loose? I have no idea of contract status or any of that stuff.
Naughton is contacted to 2032 lol

From the Collingwood Board

"Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win"

WTF
God I love this time of year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocking attitude. People wrote off Nick Watson last year using this logic.

Was super keen on Watson last year.

Would have been tough for him at North this year but has a bit of mongrel and would have been a real point of different up forward for us.

Hope Dursma can kick on

Think naughton has longest contract in the game.

Taken over 4-5 years, the worst team ever in the history of the vfl/afl.
Our 1925-31 seasons are horror reading.

But when you factor in how hamstrung we were entering the league, this period is by far the worst.

I suspect Joe Richards would be the better fit (more tackles, more pressure, better pace, cheaper), but we need multiple small options and at the moment we have bugger all. We'd be silly to not offer a 3/F3 I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back