List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

How many do we need to fix that? I dont see it as being that simple. If we simply transition better, maintain the ball better, spread better that brings far less pressure with it.
We did all those things to get the leads we have held and lost in the second half of the year.

I reckon we need at least two guys who know how to get a side together when its under the pump like Hodge did for Brisbane on field. They need to be less cooked than Shiels was this year too.

Might only need them for a year if JY, LDU, Logue etc can learn from them.

I think Wardlaw will beef up over time, I don't think he will be a beefcake, but he will probably hit around 84/85kg and he will be able to compete against the bigger mids but we currently have the problem that LDU isn't defensive enough, he was raised on Cunners doing the heavy lifting and things turned to doshit post Cunners going down.

HERE and NOW we have talented kids but we don't have the pieces for even a competitive AFL side. The reality is that Xerri, Sheezel and LDU are or close to AA players and we still got annihilated for the majority of the year.

We have accumulated a lot of talent but imo Hawks have done a substantially better job putting together a group of players that are suited to playing AFL football right now.

The only potential light at the end of the tunnel is that we might have amassed such a ridiculous amount of young talent that by the time we have put it together in terms of a functioning team in the present that all that talent will spill over and create a team that can dominate for a period of time... but we are no certainty, we have struggled even this year to convince players to sign on, with each year it will get progressively harder.

We need to remove players who just do not compliment the squad and do not provides us the attributes we require to be competitive and we need to bring in by hook or crook those elements we need to be competitive. We need to bring in some more mature bodies aggressive players who want to pressure and tackle.
I reckon we should be making plays for Parfitt and Lyons as cheap UFA/DFAs to play the Drew / Rowbottom / Viney role. They're not work beaters or even big bodies, but they've played in elite systems as defensive midfielders at a competent level. Give Phillips a run for his money.

I reckon we should be making plays for Parfitt and Lyons as cheap UFA/DFAs to play the Drew / Rowbottom / Viney role. They're not work beaters or even big bodies, but they've played in elite systems as defensive midfielders at a competent level. Give Phillips a run for his money.

Nobody Hawthorn recruited are world beaters, they just play the role they are suited for. Guys like Stephens, Fisher, etc haven't been that great and they are offering nothing as mature players that we can't get from kids.

We need some hard nuts for roles that kids can't play yet.

I wonder if Sonia and Jenn took my advice to hire a Russian data hacking outfit to access the Swans, Cats and Hawks draft targets for this year? Have the list dropped into a brown paper bag in locker #1 (after Hugh cleans out) for Brady to pick up.

It might be a let down for those on the Cats list we pick that they don’t get that vacant block of land East of Mogg’s Creek in their Rookie contract 😎

Anyone seen much of ex-Docker Mitch Crowden this year? Caught some of his game on the weekend and liked what I saw.

I think he's one with his pace and tackling ability that could bring instant energy to our forward line.

Have they found his neck yet?

Nobody Hawthorn recruited are world beaters, they just play the role they are suited for. Guys like Stephens, Fisher, etc haven't been that great and they are offering nothing as mature players that we can't get from kids.

We need some hard nuts for roles that kids can't play yet.
I reckon if we do well this offseason, the role-players could mostly be taken care of. Half a dozen trades of modest ambition plus a couple good draftees could turn the ship.

Leader to direct traffic in the mid/fwd lines: Parker
Defensive mid: Parfitt, Lyons (free agents)
Older small forwards who can chase, stick tackles, keep ball in f50: Richards, Owies (I'd add Fisher to this camp too).
KPF with hard-bodies: Day, Membrey (free agents)

You could get all that done with a third rounder, a future third, and a couple fourths.

Based off this year I can think of about seven guys that can shut down Larkey like Frost.
Who? Are they likely to be looking for security & $$$.

Love to hear who North's defensive targets should be & chances of landing them, likely collateral at play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been around this galaxy a long time, seen a lot of strange things, but I don’t get why anyone whose team is playing finals is spending any time or energy on opposition trade threads.

Would we do Lukocious in a package with 2 for GC’s 1 at rounders on some kind of split?

More likely he goes to the tigers as part of Rioli sadly

Anyone seen much of ex-Docker Mitch Crowden this year? Caught some of his game on the weekend and liked what I saw.

I think he's one with his pace and tackling ability that could bring instant energy to our forward line.
He's probably been the best player in the team that finished minor premiers

I reckon if we do well this offseason, the role-players could mostly be taken care of. Half a dozen trades of modest ambition plus a couple good draftees could turn the ship.

Leader to direct traffic in the mid/fwd lines: Parker
Defensive mid: Parfitt, Lyons (free agents)
Older small forwards who can chase, stick tackles, keep ball in f50: Richards, Owies (I'd add Fisher to this camp too).
KPF with hard-bodies: Day, Membrey (free agents)

You could get all that done with a third rounder, a future third, and a couple fourths.

Six is a big ask imo, I'd be happy with 2 players that aren't going to be completely useless under pressure.

Or that after King, Walter, Andrew, Read, and Casboult, he's totally surplus to needs.

13 games across VFL and AFL this year (plantar fascia)
20 games last year
17 games the year before (torn knee meniscus)

So 17 games average over the past three years.

I'd take 17 games of Day and 7 games of Membrey over 24 of any combo of CCJ, Teakle and Pink.
He was ahead of Casboult this season, and when he did play was actually pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back