List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing Comben in his natural role for starters.

Wright and Lobb would be massive upgrades on Darling. Both offer something in the air which Larkey doesn’t. Both could be gettable with more guaranteed game time. Although Lobb less likely now that he’s settled in Dogs backline.

Membrey is a few cm shorter but would offer more then Darling, wasn’t inspired by us being linked with him either but a choice out of the two I’m taking Membrey.

Younger options, Riccardi from the giants, with Cadman finding form he may be one tempted by guaranteed games.

Ofcourse this all would hinge on having a proactive list manager capable of selling more opportunities to players. And not getting sucked into players other clubs have had enough of because they can’t cut it anymore, hello Zac Fisher & Dylan Stephens..

North apparently heavily into Membrey, Lobb still and no doubt others so Brady and Clarko are not ‘settling’ as you seem to feel they are. The report is just a headline.

Cadman and Chom options are doubling down on youth - not what this strategic targeting is about.

Still could happen but extra to the much publicised desire to seek senior reenforcments .

We should offer our pick 2 & plastic steak knives (Goad ?) for Cadman . This kid has massive upside & has youth even beyond life after Larkey

It’ll cost us nothing but I watched a little bit of WCE and Darling’s body is cooked, he couldn’t bend over.

I doubt it’ll break us but I’m not sure if it’s the best look to pick up a $800k even for 1 year on a 35yr old who is clearly cooked - looks as though we are panicking

Darling at 32 will be better than Pink will ever be and most likely Teakle as well. None of the 3 are long termers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I dunno about that. Pink probably but Tess, not sure. Tess > Ducking Darling. Calling him Duckling from now on, punce.

Last edited:
We should offer our pick 2 & plastic steak knives (Goad ?) for Cadman . This kid has massive upside & has youth even beyond life after Larkey
GWS has a glut of good talls. I was thinking Brown might be a better fit. More physical as a CHF and will cover the ground to get to contests. Not sure of his contract status or if even gettable.

GWS has a glut of good talls. I was thinking Brown might be a better fit. More physical as a CHF and will cover the ground to get to contests. Not sure of his contract status or if even gettable.
Thats what a good list operator should be doing. Scoping out the tier below. Hogan and Cadman be in that team for years. Brown would be a good get. Might not be the right height profile for us though

Without these players, we would be luck to win 1 game this year.

We will not suddenly start winning 10+ games in 2025, that won't happen.

2025, 26, 27 is about getting the youngsters understanding how to win. 3 seasons will get an extra 60 games into them thus putting the core groups closer to 100 games.

2028 will be the year to attack the comp admist the chaos of new club.

If people is just looking at the win/loss ratio then we slip right back to the laidly, scott era thinking.
If you listen to some on here we could be gone in 3 years so 20-28 will be to late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what a good list operator should be doing. Scoping out the tier below. Hogan and Cadman be in that team for years. Brown would be a good get. Might not be the right height profile for us though
Good call Duck. GWS are not trading Cadman that's just silly talk. Let's just go for what is realistic and in the right age bracket and the rest will take care of itself.

wade derksen ?

Tex walker got contract extension...at 34. It just shows, key forwards are useful until they can no longer run.

I reckon we were targeting tex too and he was waiting to see if he was offered an ext, assuming that's now 2 yrs for Tex which is what we were going in with, same with Darling. We offering one more than current, then no doubt be going after one or 2 kpf in the draft. Darling or someone similar will give them chance to develop before being thrown in. I don't mind it. Darling alone isn't the solution, but Darling coupled with one or two draftees is a sound solution. Also wouldn't mind Day too and then they can cover each other. Pink isn't a fwd, and hopefully teakle develops and provides competition with cj for that ruckfwd spot. Although maybe neither are up to it

What are you talking about? Shiels and Greenwood didn't propel us to 3 wins this year.

And the 3 years of learning is garbage as well. We've been 3 years away for 5 f***ing years now.

I honestly believe we have the talent to win up to 10 games next year, we just need some quality leadership from senior players to drag us over the line, or properly put away teams when we are on top.

Darling isn't that player. Currently our best on field leader is Sheezel, which is insane.

Darling won't be the only potential trade we bring in.... he is being looked at as a fwd stop gap. I'm sure we would all like more exciting fwd guns instead and I'm sure all alternatives are being looked at but either too expensive capital wise and/or won't come anyway. This call has to be coupled with draft and then I'm sure we will address leaders in other parts of the park too...

I don't mind it as long as we aren't giving up much

We aren't going to be giving up anything other than cash that's the point! If we don't take his full contract might be a 4th rder involved

It’ll cost us nothing but I watched a little bit of WCE and Darling’s body is cooked, he couldn’t bend over.

I doubt it’ll break us but I’m not sure if it’s the best look to pick up a $800k even for 1 year on a 35yr old who is clearly cooked - looks as though we are panicking

He is 32 to start with

The best part is we’ve supposedly asked WC to pay $200k, meaning we’ll pay $600k in 25 and probably offer around $400k in 26 meaning we’ll give him a million $’s.

Nice little top up for him.
Surely Darling is not on 800k a year...

Brown is 188, same height as Membrey and look at the abuse membrey gets in here for apparently being the same type of player as bull ford and even durrs. Which obviously he isn't. I'd prefer to try Riccardi or the pick2 for cad.

He has played less than 20 games in the last 4 years never kicked more than 20 goals in a season. I must be missing something cause i just cant see any upside what so ever. Iam also a no for Darling as well.

Do you not read the other posts as this has been mentioned many times! He has played less than 20 AFL games, but he has still been playing VFL, someone said averaging 17 games across last 4 yrs.... just not playing AFL due to competition fwd at gc

The biggest issue with our forward line is we can’t get the ball in and the quality of ball when it does is putrid.

Darling doesn’t improve us next year or into the future.

And that will be improved by pushing Kerch fwd and getting better ball users off hb... then there will be Kerch and Sheez delivering. Stephens gets abuse on here but his delivery in can be elite too on that left leg. That's why I was keen before the uturn on Houston but not if ask was too high

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back