List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we do 2 for Caddy?

There’s whispers of Essendon trading for Reid, no ****ing idea how they get it done but if they had a chance there would be a fire sale to get picks to trade

I'd consider 8 + Caddy for 2.

Haha NMFC rumoured to be bringing in a mature aged, smart, key positioning forward and we’re up in arms. Beggars can’t be choosers sometimes. Id welcome Darling to our forward line.

Far more proven than Pink/Teakle and hopefully teaches Larkey and Zurrs to stop sharing a bedroom when they lead together.
Captain material ?

No it isn't. We weren't beaten by twenty goals because of Sicily and Gunston. Hawthorn don't have any players in their team who can't run. They play four small forwards who run up and down the ground all game. We don't have any on our list. They kick to space and run onto the ball, we either chip kick or handball through congestion. Lack of experience is being used as an excuse for lack of a relevant game plan and poor list management.
Let's see this so called game plan get picked apart and destroyed under the pressure of finals football.

Anyone falling for the so called Hawthorm game plan is delusional. It's nothing that hasn't been tried every 2 or 3 years over the last 40.

This front running kick it into space relies on 'cheating squibs' running forward of the ball, it looks good against average sides but will wilt against a premier midfield wh9 stops them getting there hands on it.

No side has ever ever had any success from it

Its a fools gold.

Hawthorn are a 8-14 side and they will get exposed like every other side has that has gone down this path over the last 40 years

When Clarkson talks about identifying players and a game style that stands up under 4 weeks of finals pressure .

People need to listen

Would we do 2 for Caddy?

There’s whispers of Essendon trading for Reid, no ****ing idea how they get it done but if they had a chance there would be a fire sale to get picks to trade

No way they'd ever trade out Caddy, surely. Feels like the only time that they've struck gold with a first pick this decade.

You said you must be missing something. Read the posts and that will show you are missing something. Last 4 yrs there has been plenty of choice fwd... king chol casboult lukosious burgess Walter Corbett that I can recall

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Well lets go through the gun players getting a game infront of Day in the last 4 years. Casboult only been there for 3 years played 3 games this year. Walter 1st year player Lukosious played defense for more than half the 4 years Burgess not even on the list any more is he Corbett don't think he is on their list anymore either is he . Chol only played 2 years for the Suns and only played 8 games in one of those years King yes been there and been good So all in all he has had ample opportunity for games and just has not been up to it so not sure what you are on about.

Would we do 2 for Caddy?

Pick 2 and F2 for Reid

Id also consider Pick2 + F1 for Reid and WCs 2nd.
Use those 2 low 20s picks to get 2 key fwds.

Cant see it happening tho and im happy enough to take our hand to the next 2 drafts.

Last edited:
Haha NMFC rumoured to be bringing in a mature aged, smart, key positioning forward and we’re up in arms. Beggars can’t be choosers sometimes. Id welcome Darling to our forward line.

Far more proven than Pink/Teakle and hopefully teaches Larkey and Zurrs to stop sharing a bedroom when they lead together.
:pointup:
I see the emerging counter trend is that we shouldn't dismiss any Shitmen because we ourselves, are shit.

Hey guys I come in peace .

Darling has been told we will be playing the next generation of our forward line and he will be playing state league. We would probably get him to 300 games but that is about it .

Tall forwards we are very well stocked and have young guys who need games pumped into them and allen/waterman as the main 2 .

As for going to North? Its not a salary dump . We will struggle to hit the salary floor next season .

He is very competitive, his body is in great knick and he probably feels he has at least 2 seasons left .

He has spent his career behind Kennedy playing that 2nd forward role . He has kicked 70 goals more than tom lynch from the same draft.

What he could offer North?

He is still a good forward , good on a straight lead and dead eye for goal . He is a good i50 pressure player and bloody strong in 1 0n 1s . He is also a very good trainer , sets standards on the track and professional in his approach to football.

His value is minimal it would be more that we let him go somewhere he can play at AFL level .

Let's see this so called game plan get picked apart and destroyed under the pressure of finals football.

Anyone falling for the so called Hawthorm game plan is delusional. It's nothing that hasn't been tried every 2 or 3 years over the last 40.

This front running kick it into space relies on 'cheating squibs' running forward of the ball, it looks good against average sides but will wilt against a premier midfield wh9 stops them getting there hands on it.

Its a fools gold.

Hawthorn are a 8-14 side and they will get exposed like every other side has that has gone down this path over the last 40 years

When Clarkson talks about identifying players and a game style that stands up under 4 weeks of finals pressure .

People need to listen
I think you have this the wrong way around. Northball, or whatever you want to call it, had no chance of standing up in finals. It requires too much precision in disposal, invites pressure, and you get punished for every mistake.

Hawthorn's style is a development on that which won Richmond three flags. Both require a gang of hard running small forwards. Instead of Richmond's forward handball into space, Hawthorn are using the width of the ground and diagonal kicks into space. Both create chaos and are hard to defend against while allowing time for you to set up behind the ball if you turn it over. It should be fine. Though I hope the Dogs beat them.

So I'm not saying I'm a yes for Darling, but surely we're not thinking Sam Day is a better option than him. Are we?
I am. He averages twice as many goals per game and three times as many contested marks. He also is a much better relief ruckman so he could easily replace either Teakle or Pink

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it isn't. We weren't beaten by twenty goals because of Sicily and Gunston. Hawthorn don't have any players in their team who can't run. They play four small forwards who run up and down the ground all game. We don't have any on our list. They kick to space and run onto the ball, we either chip kick or handball through congestion. Lack of experience is being used as an excuse for lack of a relevant game plan and poor list management.
Interesting isnt it, Sam Mitchell who wasn't quick but sure handed dual sided player goes all out speed on his list.

We could address some of our fwd speed issues with drafting Draper and using him mainly fwd/mid then mid/fwd. Simpkin fwd, get RHJ on the tackle bag and perhaps even lighten off Phillips with a massive pre-season. As Ferbs said, Phillips used to be pretty quick over 100m. So while he may not run up and down others he can certainly apply pressure and knows how to find the goals. Buys us a bit more time to get more quality small fwds by the time Draper becomes more a mid/fwd.

Hey guys I come in peace .

Darling has been told we will be playing the next generation of our forward line and he will be playing state league. We would probably get him to 300 games but that is about it .

Tall forwards we are very well stocked and have young guys who need games pumped into them and allen/waterman as the main 2 .

As for going to North? Its not a salary dump . We will struggle to hit the salary floor next season .

He is very competitive, his body is in great knick and he probably feels he has at least 2 seasons left .

He has spent his career behind Kennedy playing that 2nd forward role . He has kicked 70 goals more than tom lynch from the same draft.

What he could offer North?

He is still a good forward , good on a straight lead and dead eye for goal . He is a good i50 pressure player and bloody strong in 1 0n 1s . He is also a very good trainer , sets standards on the track and professional in his approach to football.

His value is minimal it would be more that we let him go somewhere he can play at AFL level .
A throwaway pick at best if there’s any truth to our interest

I am all for experience but Darling is ****ing cooked.
Happy The Voice Of Holland GIF by RTL

Or get them as free agents 3 years after. An elite midfield will make second rate pos players look like superstars.

Every premiership side of the last 20 years has had elite midfielders.

We do have them, that's not that hard, but we also need that dirty dozen support players that every premiership side had

Very short memories in here.

Unless PC, Cam and Larkey are all firing, we're not scoring enough at all. If Darling takes one of the better opposition defenders away that is literally a huge difference for us already.

We can't keep running a makeshift forward line.

A little too much red for my liking...

For me, there is just far too much to fix in one off-season.

If I was in the position to do anything, I'd be targeting a contested marking forward (or two) and a high pressure small forward.

Rumours swirling regarding Membrey & Lobb arriving at NM & Pickett indicating he wants out - there are so options there. Maybe not top tier options, but certainly better than the calibre we have presently.

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 3.07.11 PM.png

Richmond won 3 flags doing this exact thing

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back