List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Parker: C
Sheeze & Xerri: VCs

Leadership: Larkey, Scott, Logue, Comben (maybe Jy).

On paper and from afar, this looks way better than the current.

I’m not a big advocate for ‘leadership groups’, so happy if that concept pissed itself off and we just had leaders lead. If they’re leaders, they don’t need to have a ribbon saying they’re in the group.

IF (and it's a big IF) Parker did sign with us.......

He walks in the doors & takes 3 or 4 weeks to observe the goings on within our list & compares it to what he's used to over the last 10+ years at Sydney.

Starts to lay down the law re standards, professionalism, etc

Then it could go one of two ways:

1. The players take note of what he's saying & strive to improve. The obvious ones are Sheez, X, Chom, Arch, Wardlaw.

2. The ones are so used to being in their comfort zone on their juicy long term contracts form a what's app chat group & start bitching about this ring in trying to upset their Apple cart.

Harry shouldn't be offered it.... let him develop personally before burdening with captaincy. Jy and Lmac wouldn't take it well, but then again neither should be in our best 23 if we had a team challenging for finals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Who says LMac wouldn’t take it well?

I think he is pretty realistic about where he is at.

He walks in the doors & takes 3 or 4 weeks to observe the goings on within our list & compares it to what he's used to over the last 10+ years at Sydney.

1. The players take note of what he's saying & strive to improve. The obvious ones are Sheez, X, Chom, Arch, Wardlaw.

2. The ones are so used to being in their comfort zone on their juicy long term contracts form a what's app chat group & start bitching about this ring in trying to upset their Apple cart.
Either way we win in the long run.

If you aren’t prepared to win for your pay check, then f*ck off…

But why are we not attractive destination for top players?

The answer is not as obvious as because we are at bottom.

Firstly: We don't have anywhere near the top 8 medical team.

Second: Our ability to develop players is terrible.

Third: Post career opportunities

We need to forget about recruiting any xyz names until we professional raise the standard drastically first.

What do you know about our medical team?

He walks in the doors & takes 3 or 4 minutes to observe the goings on...and promptly retires.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

No that wasn't what I was saying! I was asking if any of these plethora of kids are currently being left out because Parker is in? I can't think of any

Angus Sheldrick would be one. Ball magnet who wins lots of clearances, but doesn't have much pace. Would be better depth than Lazz or Will, though he maybe isn't the type we would be after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why are we not attractive destination for top players?

The answer is not as obvious as because we are at bottom.

Firstly: We don't have anywhere near the top 8 medical team.

Second: Our ability to develop players is terrible.

Third: Post career opportunities

We need to forget about recruiting any xyz names until we professional raise the standard drastically first.
Why would our ability to develop players have any impact on top players coming to us? They don’t need to be developed, we are bringing them in to develop others …

Last edited:
Angus Sheldrick would be one. Ball magnet who wins lots of clearances, but doesn't have much pace. Would be better depth than Lazz or Will, though he maybe isn't the type we would be after.

Yeah not a fan when he was playing last year. So basically Parker isn't keeping anyone out then

Harry shouldn't be offered it.... let him develop personally before burdening with captaincy. Jy and Lmac wouldn't take it well, but then again neither should be in our best 23 if we had a team challenging for finals

One of them is already not in our best 23 and we were a whisker off finishing last let alone challenging for the finals.

Bailey smith? Has the campaigner figured out how to use a footy yet? Butchers it more than nostrils mate

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan when he was playing last year. So basically Parker isn't keeping anyone out then

Sheldrick would get regular games for us. Caiden Cleary and Corey Warner are also behind Parker, but no chance they would let either go.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back