List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Some posters are going to get a severe case of RSI if they keep so vigorously trying to polish the t*rd that is Jack Darling. Well past his best as a player and is questionable from a character perspective - he had major red flags in his draft year.

14 years ago lol. Since then hasn't had any issues right?

But hey, at least he'll be able to teach the younger players how to observe perfect form when doing Zottman curls in the gym.

Ya know, teaching our young players the level expected in the gym to be in a premiership team is exactly what we need.

Last edited:
If we can get Luke Parker in I will be ecstatic.

The impact he'll have on Harry, George and Colby is scintillating, and it demonstrates to all three that we're prioritising their development and they are in safe hands at North.

Not to mention, LDU is far from a finished product himself.
Hopefully the fact that the club have prioritised him says as much too.

Hate the thought of coughing up an F1, that’s likely to be a top 4 pick for Houston. He is a bloody good player but north worth a top 5 pick imo.

We be better off splitting either out F1 or Pick 2 in order to get a pick (around 10) to get Houston. If we did that I’d be supportive, but F1 as is, no way.
And port rejected that likely top 4 pick shows they are going to be pricks to deal with again.

If you listen to the whole Gettable bit they say four Vic clubs are heavily into Houston and sat down with him a couple of weeks ago, and as an afterthought that North has the F1 on the table but hasn’t spoken to him. It was nothing like as firm a story as some of the comments seem to suggest.

If I could choose any older forward from across the league to come to the club for a couple of years on a playing contract so that we can navigate around the soft cap, in order to be able to provide insight about a successful program and being a member of a successful forward line, that person would not be Jack Darling.

It would be the even more likely cooked and would probably never pull on our jumper, Tom Hawkins.

For those who want a summary:

Nothing has happened.

If you are here for schoolgirl goss:

More likely than not: Parker, Darling
Even-ish chance: Rosas
Very Unlikely to Maybe: Macrae, peatling, owies and Houston

Maybe he still thinks he has the ability to play AFL and is happy to move to prove it. You don't get to play at the top for long so you take every opportunity you can. Playing WAFL is basically admitting that's it over and he is in the exit lounge. Also he is hardly moving to Syria... not that big a move!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe.. yeah..

If you listen to the whole Gettable bit they say four Vic clubs are heavily into Houston and sat down with him a couple of weeks ago, and as an afterthought that North has the F1 on the table but hasn’t spoken to him. It was nothing like as firm a story as some of the comments seem to suggest.
Its true that according to Twomey we haven't met with DH, unlike the other four teams he mentioned. He did say very clearly we offered our future first tho.

And its not like most of the options he throws up are going to appease Port's demands.

Carlton? They don't even want to use pick 11. Even if they did, Port would want more.

Pies? They don't have a 1st rounder. They can point to the Noble trade, but they'll get something in the twenties for him. It won't turn Port's head.

Bulldogs? Also don't have a 1st rounder. They'll expect a pick in the teens for Bailey Smith, but Port want a top 10 pick.

The Saints are the only ones he raised that actually have the draft capital to get it done. But with NWM and Sinclair at their disposal, not sure why he'd be a big priority, when its their midfield that needs work.

Not saying Houston is coming to North. But I think the whole segment was a bit removed from the reality that its Port calling the shots here.

Hate the thought of coughing up an F1, that’s likely to be a top 4 pick for Houston. He is a bloody good player but north worth a top 5 pick imo.

We be better off splitting either out F1 or Pick 2 in order to get a pick (around 10) to get Houston. If we did that I’d be supportive, but F1 as is, no way.
Turning our pick into Houston and Armstrong would be an amazing outcome.

Especially if we get Parker, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If F1 is on the table id imagine its Bailey Smith, given it was mentioned we're in the hunt.

They would surely have to add another pick coming back our way
Swap our F1 to Adelaide for their pick#4 , an Adelaide poster said that the Crows want a F1 so they can get Sharpe next year. then offer Pick#4 to Poort for Houston and another of their picks

Turning our pick into Houston and Armstrong would be an amazing outcome.

Especially if we get Parker, too.
Imagine if we offered our future first and back came their future second. We have a meteoric rise up the ladder in 2025 and Port fall sharply. We trade pick 18 and we get back Dan Houston and pick 19. Dreams do come true. I could write Dan fictions.

Swap our F1 to Adelaide for their pick#4 , an Adelaide poster said that the Crows want a F1 so they can get Sharpe next year. then offer Pick#4 to Poort for Houston and another of their picks
If thats the case take Draper, Armstrong and GMan.

On the sleevo stuff
Its a distinct possibility, hes been told expectations from the club yet is still pondering if he has the motivation to continue.
My take would be if you are not sure that’s your answer
We need a list with players that have the drive to be as good as they can be like Harry.
I hope thats the type we are looking for in all our drafting and recruitment.

Difference is Gunston is a former Vice Captain and a known leader, pretty sure Darling has never been in the leadership group let alone captain of any sort. Bruest's footy IQ is impeccable.

I’d find it very hard to believe that Jack Darling was never in the leadership group.

Like i said, don’t care if we get him or not. But I don’t think his role is ‘kick 60 goals and be AA’.

‘He might take someone’s spot’. Who? We are currently playing a bloke who played full back in the SANFL who can’t kick as a key forward. Anyone else is the length of Flemington off playing seniors. And if in 2 years time these future forward prospects can’t get in the 1’s over a 34 year old, that speaks more to how sh*t the prospects are, then how bad Darling is.

If we give up some crazy high pick for him, then we can get our knickers in a knot, but until then, let’s just trust that Clarko sees a need in our team and Darling could meet that.

To be fair on Elmo I'm not sure he will improve much but he was brought in to replace Free on our list. CCJ, who knows. He might not make it back. Neither are reliable.

As for Armstrong and Gerreyn it feels to me both are reaches at our current draft position. Things will hopefully be clearer come the end of trade week/eon.
Maybe, but we got him straight in to play fwd and second ruck and we all saw how he helped our structure. He's always been a ruck id think he would improve in the role he played a fair bit given he was thrown into it half way in the season. I was hoping a split for Armstrong and somebody like Berry, but that might be tougher now. Most people seem to think GMan will be available at our second rounder.

Use our first on Armstrong and upgrade our second if we have to. We get those 2 and we're set for key positions for a long time.

Last edited:
Maybe, but we got him straight in to play fwd and second ruck and we all saw how he help our structure. He's always been a ruck id think he would improve in the role he played a fair bit given he was thrown into it half way in the season. I was hoping a split for Armstrong and somebody like Berry, but that might be tougher now. Most people seem to think GMan will be available at our second rounder.

Use our first on Armstrong and upgrade our second if we have to. We get those 2 and we're set for key positions for a long time.

Elmo definitely had the opportunity to play straight away, no doubt our 2024 game plan involved CCJ as the second tall so Elmo could step into that role through necessity (with Sellers unable to impact and Maley raw). It seems now that role will be taken by Chom, although then the question will be who chops out the ruck.

I like Armstrong. He'd be my pick if we slipped back slightly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back