List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy and we love worse.

Have made an art form of worse.
angry panda GIF by Steve Konklin

Not disagreeing with you TAO..

Its true that according to Twomey we haven't met with DH, unlike the other four teams he mentioned. He did say very clearly we offered our future first tho.

And its not like most of the options he throws up are going to appease Port's demands.

Carlton? They don't even want to use pick 11. Even if they did, Port would want more.

Pies? They don't have a 1st rounder. They can point to the Noble trade, but they'll get something in the twenties for him. It won't turn Port's head.

Bulldogs? Also don't have a 1st rounder. They'll expect a pick in the teens for Bailey Smith, but Port want a top 10 pick.

The Saints are the only ones he raised that actually have the draft capital to get it done. But with NWM and Sinclair at their disposal, not sure why he'd be a big priority, when its their midfield that needs work.

Not saying Houston is coming to North. But I think the whole segment was a bit removed from the reality that its Port calling the shots here.
As has been the case for the last decade, as soon as he nominates a club, Port’s power in this plummets dramatically.

Isn't their a key forward next year who is likely to be in the top 1 - 4 picks? Better than this years crop?
Archie Ludowyke and Willem Duursma are two key position players next year. Hard to tell if better than this years.
I think there's another couple as well. We'll see in the U17 futures game as well.

Last edited:
Some posters are going to get a severe case of RSI if they keep so vigorously trying to polish the t*rd that is Jack Darling. Well past his best as a player and is questionable from a character perspective - he had major red flags in his draft year.

But hey, at least he'll be able to teach the younger players how to observe perfect form when doing Zottman curls in the gym.
He’s a 100+kg footy coward. Pass. Hard pass

He and Sheezel ran amok together in the forward line at Sandy. Any idea of his speed / agility, didn’t strike me as super quick in his draft year?
Not bad but not exactly a strength - seems to score more of his goals on old fashioned small forward craft than breakaway speed
Lead the VFL for goal assists last year too - plays with a lot of spirit and sticks up for his teammates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Taberner completely fall of a cliff? I appreciate that Freo have upgraded with young tall forwards, so he has been starved of opportunities but you'd think he'd offer something to another club.
Didn't know he was 31 years old. Perhaps a sign they might be looking at Gerreyn in the draft?

Last edited:
Let me guess random negative speculation, absurd trade scenarios with us giving up way too much fabricated in a mind next to a monkey playing symbols and a random plot twist theory that Clarko can’t coach any more?
sometimes you read things, and think - gee, I wish I'd written that

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back