List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

In a spooky coincidence, Melbourne paid pick 6 for Stephen May (don’t count that the other Kolojazni was thrown in). And 10 and a future first for Jake Lever. At some point if you want to get quality in with plenty of miles still ahead, and you can get them interested, you have to pay for it.

I honestly don’t feel as though North is yet at a point where we can attract high calibre or be ready to maximise the value of it when it arrives, but that’s a different discussion than whether a well performed player in their prime is worth high draft picks. They are.
Not quite.. almost. Need to get some ****ing wins first.

Ford has to be the most overrated player on our list by far
Yep, lazy, un-interested player that appears to be more interested in sitting on the list and getting the social media likes, and the social status that comes with being an AFL player.

Zak Butters is the one for me. I hope we're laying the ground work now. If he is playing under a new coach next year and indications are he would consider a move back to Victoria, we need to put ourselves in a position to make a massive play. If we can show some improvement across the course of the next season (6-8 wins) we could at least put ourselves in te conversation with the size of the contract we'd be able to offer. But making a move of that type this year would definitely be premature, particularly as future trading has yet be unlocked.
no chance. Zero, zip, not even his best mate can get him over.

Don't worry Ichiro, we are getting a key forward in this years draft.
That seems extremely likely unless things really fall the wrong way for us and leaving aside whether Darling is the right choice in the interim the reality is that nobody we draft this year as a KPP is likely to fundamentally change our performances for at least 1-2 seasons.

Its almost as if there must be more to the story...
Well Twomey did mention Blues hope to somehow keep pick 11 this year and then draft the Camporeale twins and somehow get Dan Houston through the door. I don't know how they do that?
Owies wouldn't be worth more than a 30's pick and Port would want two 1sts for Houston.
I can't think of any other real trade pieces they have apart from somebody like Oli Hollands or Ashton Moir.

If we are getting Darling which seems very likely at this point it would be completely wasted if we dont take a KPF this draft. I have Armstrong as my first preference but would love to be in draft range for Jitlock even more so now that Goad is progressing slower then i thought. Maybe overlap with Teakle if he develops though.

Darling does have something to offer, experience in a very functional premiership forward line. I think he will see 12-18 games is my feel but his value may be seen in afew years if he has leadership potential we are after.

Parker would just be a great pick up. Tough, defensive minded and played at the highest level

If we are getting Darling which seems very likely at this point it would be completely wasted if we dont take a KPF this draft. I have Armstrong as my first preference but would love to be in draft range for Jitlock even more so now that Goad is progressing slower then i thought. Maybe overlap with Teakle if he develops though.

Darling does have something to offer, experience in a very functional premiership forward line. I think he will see 12-18 games is my feel but his value may be seen in afew years if he has leadership potential we are after.

Parker would just be a great pick up. Tough, defensive minded and played at the highest level
Not many things I am sure of in life but taking a key position forward in any of the drafts this spring is one of them.

People need to think of Jack Darling of 2025-26, not Jack Darling of 2018-19.

He was bloody good in those years but has tailed off markedly in recent years. The drop-off in stats is obvious but he doesn't get around the ground like he used to, and that's not going to get any better.

If we're looking for an experienced forward, I'd much prefer Tim Membrey.

And look, we already have a profile of Membrey on our website:

What happened to Membrey? It’s cooled off so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling does have something to offer, experience in a very functional premiership forward line.
"Jack Darling played in a premiership!"

Whilst true, he's also played in a side that's won 10 of their last 72. Again, what happened seven years is one thing, but the more recent performance is more important, IMO.

Its pay thats the problem for Darling, pick wise he wont cost much. He's on 800k next year, even if accepted only 400k for the second year thats 1.2m we couldve used on frontloading when Chom is way a better option.

You don't need to worry about the cap issues! We have professionals looking after that who know the actual budget not guessing!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It could mean we are taking Armstrong at 2. Otherwise, yes, very weird to get a mentor when you aren't guarranteed a protege.
Yeah coming around to Armstrong with our first pick , even at pick 2.
If not now when will we pick a kpf

Neither have most people on here, but still comment anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I live in Perth. I've seen plenty of him. I interact with many Eagles Supporters.

Hes:
Grilled
Sautéed
Toasted
Boiled
Broiled
Microwaved
Seared

And any other word that isn't C****d

Eagles fans I know love Jack and what hes provided. But they'd rather offload him and get something, anything for him. Than the inevitability of him retiring at the end of next year and they get nothing.

This fantasy that he will come to North and provide some magic leadership and have a career dead cat bounce is ludicrous.

Hes not providing that at WC atm. So why would that change. Also this talk of "he played well against North this year" is also inane. Most people play well against North. North arent a bench mark. He is below average in every major statistic, except tackles. Even then hes only 0.1pg above Zurhaar.

He's going to teach our forwards and mids every little niggly trick in the book, reckon someone like George will benefit immensley.
(Age permitting) I'll never forget the way George and he went at it in George's first game. It was great. Hopefully he remembers and wants to help add something to that kids career.

No he is perfect for us not sure why people are melting. Maybe cause he ain't a superstar, or he has serious limitations... if pink and teakle are rated at 2, darling is at least a 4. That's double. It's still below average, but the experience and whatever leadership that brings will help
He is better than teakle and pink. Thats a very low bar though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back