List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Am thinking Parker would need a partner in crime to drive the standards. For that reason, McRae feels like a good fit but I’m just not sure what role he plays other than full-time midfield and we don’t want him taking too many midfield minutes away from Wardlaw, Sheez and Powell. At least Parker can play half forward or maybe even on the wing.

Having said that, I’d expect Parker and McRae to be an upgrade on Shiels and Greenwood. And if they get two year contracts, and they fast track the team’s development next year, I’d expect that they become less relevant and play in the ones on a ‘needs basis’ in 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Assuming we delist Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor and Harvey (re-rookie or delist) how many can we realistically trade for?

Some chance of Parker, McRae, Darling (unfortunately) and one of Rosas/Owies. Daniel would be a good get too. If we bring in 4, how many picks does that leave in the National Draft? Ideally we’d want at least three right?
split pick 2 for 2 picks in the top 10/12 and then take someone with our 2nd rounder and we're done.
Happy to take someone with a later pick if we rookie list someone.

Am thinking Parker would need a partner in crime to drive the standards. For that reason, McRae feels like a good fit but I’m just not sure what role he plays other than full-time midfield and we don’t want him taking too many midfield minutes away from Wardlaw, Sheez and Powell. At least Parker can play half forward or maybe even on the wing.

Having said that, I’d expect Parker and McRae to be an upgrade on Shiels and Greenwood. And if they get two year contracts, and they fast track the team’s development next year, I’d expect that they become less relevant and play in the ones on a ‘needs basis’ in 2026.

Can Macrae play wing?
We need help there

Macrae can play wing too...

Footywire has it as 2 years. It could be inaccurate. No one seems to know.

In any case, he'd be on minimum chips.

No Biggie to pay out, so to speak.
Must be something there as I swear I read one year deal 🤷‍♂️

Assuming we delist Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor and Harvey (re-rookie or delist) how many can we realistically trade for?

Some chance of Parker, McRae, Darling (unfortunately) and one of Rosas/Owies. Daniel would be a good get too. If we bring in 4, how many picks does that leave in the National Draft? Ideally we’d want at least three right?
I reckon we'd want to take five at the draft, including River. Adding to your list, also gone will be Shiels, Greenwood, Thomas and Drury. If we only axe those ten, and save the other ten for next year, we could trade in three and take five at the draft (assuming we get to keep our extra list spots). If we don't get the spots or want to trade in more we just pay out a few more list cloggers.

I reckon we'd want to take five at the draft, including River. Adding to your list, also gone will be Shiels, Greenwood, Thomas and Drury. If we only axe those ten, and save the other ten for next year, we could trade in three and take five at the draft (assuming we get to keep our extra list spots). If we don't get the spots or want to trade in more we just pay out a few more list cloggers.
I'll be a little disappointed if we don't also trade in one small forward, a la Rosas or Richards.

(also, Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor, Harvey, Shiels, Greenwood, Thomas and Drury is only 9 spots?)

Thanks, makes sense. Hope we can keep the spots! My preference would probably be to trade in 4 and draft in 2-3 with River a rookie pick. We already have so many players 20 and under so would be good to redress the balance a bit.

What do Darling, Parker and Macrae have in common?
im-cooked.jpg

Offerd F1 but didn't meet, that doesn't sound quite right...
Twomey speculated a few weeks ago "I believe North are interested in Houston but more with futures".
Either we're letting it be known we are active and willing to move our F1 for a player or it's easy to throw out there?
This week it's "North have offered the F1" but they haven't met as Port want picks this year.
Could be Port trying to condition the market for a top 10 pick in this years draft and more to trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony of it all . My maté just texted me saying that we have gone from getting rid of olde players to wanting them back . What’s Boomer, Drew, Spud and DalSanto up to lol
I hope there's a balance. Adding two older players to replace Greenwood and Shiels I can understand, just hope we don't go overboard.

I hope there's a balance. Adding two older players to replace Greenwood and Shiels I can understand, just hope we don't go overboard.
Yes we need a rebalance. I think Macrae and Parker would be good to help us get through the next couple of yrs as the younger players start to mature further.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back