List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

What's underrated on this Board is our draft performance over the last few years - watch that pay dividends in the next 20 to 40 games - but the Club and this Board completely overrate opposition players.

Exhibit A, B, C ..........

Greenwood
Stephenson
Corr
Tucker
Stephens
Fisher
CCJ
Biggie

There's not one player on that list that has lived up to the hype, coin or length of contract doled out to them. Not one.

The only one I hold out any hope for is Griff and he's struggled to get on the park.

It's a terrible strike rate.

We clearly suck at it.

With the exception of Parker, the rest being thrown up are pretty meh.

Tucker has been fine. It's not like he was a star recruit.

I would suggest internally the club knows it isn’t going fwd with his type .

😉

Yep, but he's only ever meant to be a stop gap while we get games into young talent

There were a number of posters adamant Watson was what we needed and very disappointed he wasn’t either of our picks. Time will tell (TM).
Time will tell indeed. It just seemed crazy to take another mid-sized forward when we have about 38 of them already.

I feel like we got seduced by a couple of great games late by Zane. Good hands and leap. Imagine what he was thinking when Stevo was assigned his mentor... FMD.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would suggest internally the club knows it isn’t going fwd with his type .

That's true, but I'm just saying that Tucker wasn't brought in to be a gun player, he was a fringe addition and he has been as good as expected.

Biggie was also not expected to be a best 22 player in his first year.

Time will tell indeed. It just seemed crazy to take another mid-sized forward when we have about 38 of them already.

I feel like we got seduced by a couple of great games late by Zane. Good hands and leap. Imagine what he was thinking when Stevo was assigned his mentor... FMD.

I wanted Watson over Duursma but I'm happy with Zane.

But also worth noting that the Hawks really wanted Duursma and were hoping that we didn't take him.

wasnt he steak knives in the gus trade??
tucker was taken with the PP third rounder, which you'll recall had to be traded.

Not sure what else you buy with a compromised pick of that kind - and anyway, he's been ok, esp. when he went back to HBF

You're right, good hands and leap, but my memory of Duursma's highlight reel is of some really elite link up play in transition. So he's (potentially) more than another mid-sized forward, and at 190 and (say) 85, he's the makings of the ideal modern footballer. Watson has been outstanding (and I wasn't a fan), but it's a bit like comparing Eddie Betts and Nat Fyfe - you want both, but you can't with one pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching tonights game we are miles off, tend to think topping up atm is akin to going the early crow. Build depth first. When we can go a season without fielding pink, sleevo , ccj or biggy then think about topping up.

That appears to be the strategy from my perspective at least but with a lense of fixing the list profile and trying to bring in elite level leadership/ experience.

Pink, CCJ, etc will be depth next year.

Hopefully our reserves team can finally crack the finals with a deeper more experienced list and that will drive development and winning culture too.

Watching tonights game we are miles off, tend to think topping up atm is akin to going the early crow. Build depth first. When we can go a season without fielding pink, sleevo , ccj or biggy then think about topping up.
I think last night's game is strong evidence for the point about depth.

I doubt whether Port will get over sydney, but their win over the Hawks was in part testament to the 'adequate' performance from their 'bottom 6' - players like Logan Evans, Josh Sinn, Francis Evans, Quinton Narkle aren't regulars but were solid contributors

Everyone needs to chill.

The good posters like soup were nuts for Watson, I remember Soup saying that everyone was sleeping on how elite he was because of his height, but none of these posters, who have an excellent track record in the decades I've read the forum, thought big game Zane couldn't be an elite prospect either. Give it time.

I also don't get the panic on Darling. Swap out Greenwood for Darling. Shiels for Parker. Who cares if it's all late picks and salary that we have...

As long as we nail the front picks and fill some other holes with developing players, it's fine.

This isn't copium. If Dawson and our draft pick means Darling plays 6 games for NMFC over two years and earns $1m, GREAT.

I don't see this as been that different to Melbourne recruiting players like Vince and Lewis. I just don't see it as a massive issue, if we're not using draft capital.

Everyone needs to chill.

The good posters like soup were nuts for Watson, I remember Soup saying that everyone was sleeping on how elite he was because of his height, but none of these posters, who have an excellent track record in the decades I've read the forum, thought big game Zane couldn't be an elite prospect either. Give it time.

I also don't get the panic on Darling. Swap out Greenwood for Darling. Shiels for Parker. Who cares if it's all late picks and salary that we have...

As long as we nail the front picks and fill some other holes with developing players, it's fine.

This isn't copium. If Dawson and our draft pick means Darling plays 6 games for NMFC over two years and earns $1m, GREAT.

I don't see this as been that different to Melbourne recruiting players like Vince and Lewis. I just don't see it as a massive issue, if we're not using draft capital.
I don't think you're doing this quite right. Everything is a panic. Every decision is the worst ever. We need to sack everybody. We are never, ever going to be any good.

That appears to be the strategy from my perspective at least but with a lense of fixing the list profile and trying to bring in elite level leadership/ experience.

Pink, CCJ, etc will be depth next year.

Hopefully our reserves team can finally crack the finals with a deeper more experienced list and that will drive development and winning culture too.
Pink & Ccj should be both depth in the VFL at best

Everyone needs to chill.

Chill what Carey4?
We’ve had this crap selection & wrong decisions with draft & trade selections for over 10 years , been bottom 4 for nearly as many . With no end in sight of this shit show …
No wonder people are getting impatient … members especially who have put in the hard earned to pay these clowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back