List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

His own coach at the Eagles basically said he's done. Anyone who has watched them play for last two seasons knows he's done.
Those qualified people at club have managed five bottom two finishes in succession.
I'm not sure their judgement is as great as we'd all hope.

Didn't know we'd had Todd Viney at the club that whole time.

Last edited:
They’ve cut the soft cap at time when we are rebuilding - I assume that’s had some impact on us. Plus not having much good Senior experience.

We've been the loudest voice to keep it cut though.

Every older head with decent experience in being successful is probably a worthwhile investment for us.

Yep

Wet paper bag is mad as hell.
GET FIT OR DONT COME BACK :triumph:

"no"

OKAY, COME BACK ANYWAY PLEASE
It is amazing how this story is being spun into a positive for Hardwick and Gold Coast. He arrives at the club, declares 80 percent of their first premiership team is already on this list, then a year in talks tough with players and then has to back down when his bluff is called. Imagine how that would be reported if the same thing was coming out of Arden St!

I know you love playing the "we're shitter than everyone else card" but geez

We're fortunately not the Saints, mate. 25 years is bad enough - i'd hate to think what we'd be like at 60. I'm leaning to KC cleans up the shit left on his doorstep (this board), that's all. And judging by the last few weeks, he's busier than a one armed bricklayer in Tyre.

They've gone really hard on him. Will replace Brad Crouch who is odds on to be paid out.

Another glorious, laughing at StKilda event and monstrous over pay by them. The term like for like has never been more apt, than these two, when in the process of: selecting the Saints (to pay them their Super).

We seem to be accumulating a lot of deadwood.

Yeah it's an overarching issue if Deadwood isn't an improvement on what we already have. For example, I take Deadwood over laborious shit, most days!

If he said maybe then he's not worthy to put on a North Jumper...

At least Darling is interested...
Its a statement to other players, we're not you're fall back option. We had 1 spot for this type of player, we went with the one most interested, end of.

They're a ridiculously well run club. Great ground and facilities, great high performance staff and coaches. There's a reason AFL clubs are poaching their staff. They give young guys a run and put proper time into their development.

Convincing people to come out this way isn't too hard. It's one of the only affordable places left in this city, especially for 20-30 year olds.
We used ride our bikes down the main street, get captain chook chips, climb the fence and sit up in the tree tops behind the goals to watch. Good days.

Later on wore a path from the Race course, Commercial and Werribee hotels lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems pretty entrenched up there, he even presented Ward his jumper for whatever milestone he had recently or contract extension, I can’t remember what it was but it was an announcement in front of the playing group. Also LOL saints and destination club, cool go as hard as you want with next years
Pick 10 or 11 because you finished in no man’s land outside the 8, AGAIN!

Out of curiosity what in your opinion would be a fair and reasonable period of time to judge Brady? Would 8 off seasons suffice or should we give him longer?
And whilst we're being fair and reasonable, what criteria should we use to judge him? Should we talk to people who have been involved in the decision making at the club, or should we just hang him based on stuff we read on the internet and our collective angst?

And whilst we're being fair and reasonable, what criteria should we use to judge him? Should we talk to people who have been involved in the decision making at the club, or should we just hang him based on stuff we read on the internet and our collective angst?

Quality and competitiveness of the list would be a good starting point

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back