List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah can’t see it realistically happen. We don’t tend to get nice things
This man says bollocks to you
ced0d7b2f3f0606d83e81fa583da4c37.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

2-3 year deal for 32 year old Jack Darling.

A kings ransom for 28 year old Dan Houston when we are still a bottom 2 side with zero certainty on when we are challenging.

Looking forward to the 2-3 year deal for Luke Parker also.

I hate this club sometimes.

Other list managers must piss themselves laughing at the moves we make on a regular basis tbh.

Its certainly "courageous".

Doubt we'd want to make a straight F1 offer if we're expecting to finish bottom 3.

Am old enough to remember Clarko going after another smooth moving indigenous guy from Port in his late 20s and everyone saying it was a dumb move.

And whilst we're being fair and reasonable, what criteria should we use to judge him? Should we talk to people who have been involved in the decision making at the club, or should we just hang him based on stuff we read on the internet and our collective angst?

He's still got Todd Viney signing off his recommendations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A kings ransom for 28 year old Dan Houston when we are still a bottom 2 side with zero certainty on when we are challenging.

Other list managers must piss themselves laughing at the moves we make on a regular basis tbh.
Not that I think these moves are horrible but it's pity now 😂

Am old enough to remember Clarko going after another smooth moving indigenous guy from Port in his late 20s and everyone saying it was a dumb move.
On the bright side, Houston has been even more durable than the eventual 400 gamer was, prior to his Hawthorn move.

They had just finished 9th off the back of a 22 year old key forward kicking 70 goals and won the flag the year prior to that.

It was also a 4 way trade and they sent Mark Williams, 2008 premiership player, 26 year old hot/cold medium forward with 250 goals to his name at the time to pay for a big chunk of the Burgoyne deal.

Sound like a similar situation we might have just had? Instead we signed ours up to a 5 year deal on big money.

They also fleeced us for Gibson in the same offseason.

Who are we shipping off to pay for Houston? We aren't lol. Just a future pick which will probably be in the top 5 :tearsofjoy:

news came out that we're into houston for big bucks.
Personally I like the idea, frees up a lot of players and gives us a general down back.
St Kilda, Port and Carlton fans asking why he'd consider coming to the club.
Acting like they've had better premiership success in the last 15 years 🤣

When you put it like that….

We seem to wanting player who’ve been at successful clubs.

Which is different from wanting players who are the reason the clubs are successful.

news came out that we're into houston for big bucks.
Personally I like the idea, frees up a lot of players and gives us a general down back.
St Kilda, Port and Carlton fans asking why he'd consider coming to the club.
Acting like they've had better premiership success in the last 15 years 🤣
Either Carlton and the Saints could have him if they were willing to use their first pick on him, but they've both committed to the draft it seems.

Misery only here please.

Im honestly curious as to what some supporters think our direction is now?

Has this big pivot been AFL instigated, i.e an ultimatum to get better immediately? It's a huge change in course from just getting some fringe experience players who don't mind playing VFL football in rolling 1 year deals.

Darling, Parker, Houston (admittedly doesn't sit with these two on current form).

We reportedly went hard at Jack Macrae with a proposition of uniting him with Finlay supposedly.

What the hell is this team now?

Yes we are shit, but we at least showed some genuine promise this year, surrounded by some diabolical performances.

We have a very promising group of young players, but plenty of holes on the list to still fill.

What is honestly the purpose of this? Experience, Leaders for the younger players? What about the current leaders with currency?

At what expense? We still need to build a contending side around these young players and a bunch of players who will be retired or near it in 3 years is not the answer at the expense of building the players Sheezel, Wardlaw, Colby are going to need.

Are we a young developing team or some side now burnt out from top to bottom and desperate to be middle of the road and out of the pressure cooker?

Or does the club genuinely just want to climb out of the doldrums and will be content with a Essendon/St Kilda mid table existence?

They had just finished 9th off the back of a 22 year old key forward kicking 70 goals and won the flag the year prior to that.

It was also a 4 way trade and they sent Mark Williams, 2008 premiership player, 26 year old hot/cold medium forward with 250 goals to his name at the time to pay for a big chunk of the Burgoyne deal.

Sound like a similar situation we might have just had? Instead we signed ours up to a 5 year deal on big money.

They also fleeced us for Gibson in the same offseason.

Who are we shipping off to pay for Houston? We aren't lol. Just a future pick which will probably be in the top 5 :tearsofjoy:

What happened to that Shaun Burgoyne anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back