List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Houston the type of player we desperately need?

Not sure i would do a future first for him.

He wants to play midfield. In 3 years time he is competing with LDU in his absolute prime, George, Sheezel and Powell for minutes. He's a chance to get pushed back out to a flank.

I'm not sure i would do it.
Didn’t Houston say no to us and then re-sign with Port? And said no the time before that as well? And that time before that? Or was that Port making it impossible.

What am I missing here?

Yeah he's the reason Houston is looking for another job and why port is ok with trading him.
Bergman, evans and farrell have taken his role.
They lose Houston and get pick
Top pick/s plus Cummings from few is likely heading there.
Richmond keen to get pick 2 I am hearing maybe 6/10 if they get them
This better not be hunter vkathk the second info.
I’ve also heard this from an unreliable source.
Make of that what you will…

I actually haven’t heard this at all but that’s how easy it is to make shit up.
Anyway, balta would be good.

Don’t know who to believe here.

On one hand we have you confirming an interest and then we have also you denying it.

I’m torn

Ohh must have been lied to in a super box of all places...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He meant Balsa, it wasn't the sturdiest box.

Don't think there was an issue with pittard or polecs buyin! Pittard simply wasn't good enough had one yr as an anomaly and Polec just couldn't get his foot right

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Definitely not with Pittard’s, which is what I said, but there definitely was with Polec. I distinctly recall at the time it was well known he was very distant from the playing group etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell. Houston was pick 45 in the 2016 rookie draft. Got a rising star nom in his first season (2017).

C’mon Brady, Thurstfield et al, give us some of that action. I honestly don’t think I can stomach dealing with tarps.
It is going to be truly difficult lifting my hatred for Sydney to wish a Port loss this weekend. It is the definition of the two red buttons choice meme.

I’m one of life’s optimists but I couldn’t describe our future first as a “likely top 6” with a straight face. Even we land all the trades we are after and draft well, it’s hard to see North leaping anywhere near that high in 2025. That future draft pick is too much for Houston, too much for a single pick close to 10 this year.

I’m one of life’s optimists but I couldn’t describe our future first as a “likely top 6” with a straight face. Even we land all the trades we are after and draft well, it’s hard to see North leaping anywhere near that high in 2025. That future draft pick is too much for Houston, too much for a single pick close to 10 this year.

Cal was just being kind.

Future first for Houston is WAY too much. Need to keep our first round picks… Unless we know someone is leaving next year that will net us such a pick?

Stay the course Nth - keep getting the best young talent.

Don’t blink and settle for less because of pressure to perform in the short term that sacrifices long term growth.

Defected from his old man and his uncle? Not sure thats accurate, they’re big Dogs nuffies and obviously Melbourne knights

Ok, I've been to Knights stadium. I don't often travel out there but had to go once, the whole crowd going Cro-Acia Cro-Acia and skull and cross bone at one end was kinda cool. I was in the Hellas end with my Greek mates but absolutely loved it.

Future first for Houston is WAY too much. Need to keep our first round picks… Unless we know someone is leaving next year that will net us such a pick?

Stay the course Nth - keep getting the best young talent.

Don’t blink and settle for less because of pressure to perform in the short term that sacrifices long term growth.
Kind of sick of hearing about this long-term growth. And I'm starting to think that performing in the short term will be the best possible thing for our long-term growth.

13-92-1 since lockdown. Over that entire period we've gone on and on about long-term growth. Give me some goddamn short-term growth and I'll start believing that the club I love isn't in danger of dying in the arse

I think that it could be a bit all or nothing.

We might have to get a Balta type and Owies, Parker, Darling to be able to convince Houston, and vice versa.

It's fantasy world but we would be building a pretty nice team with those moves.

FB: Corr - Logue - Archer
HB: Goater - Balta - Houston
C: Scott - Parker - McKercher
HF: Zurhaar - Comben - Sheezel
FF: Curtis - Larkey - Owies
Foll: Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw

Int: Powell, Duursma, Simpkin, Darling, Lmac, Fisher, Phillips etc.

Good comparison is the *** trade where pick 2 left West Coast:

WEST COAST
Trade out:
Junior Rioli, picks No.2, 40
Trade in: Picks No.8, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide), 2023 third-round pick (tied to Port Adelaide)

We'd be getting more than West Coast did. I would definitely take 6 + 10 for pick 2.
Would we do:
North - Carlton Pick 11 and Future 1st
Power - North F1
Carlton - Houston

Gives us another pick in a sweet spot this year and a hell of a death ride

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back