List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Fix up those couple of small things from the Pies, Demons and West Coast game and we could have had 6 this year.

I don't see 5-6 wins next year as an unachievable "miraculous turnaround" lol. We'll easily get there and more.
We should have had five wins this year. We lost two games by less than a goal where we had shithouse umpiring calls go against us. IE we missed frees that would have changed the result. In the Pies game there was the unpaid 50 (and a clearly touched ball that wasn't called on review.) Against the Eagles a throw that wasn't called and the following contest led to Yeo's goal. (There was also a mark that went unpaid to Chom after he controlled the ball and was cleaned up going back with the flight to J Cripps in the third quarter.)

The unpaid free and unpaid 50 both in the last minute of the game cost us those games.

And based on how we played after the bye we should have won two games at least beforehand. If the onfield side and the coaches get their shit together then seven or eight wins is a fair expectation and if we don't see that next year then it will actually be time to ask what the **** is going on.

I am nervous about us trading, until Rawlings doesn't come across like an Ebay bidder that pays more than retail this time of the year always makes me nervous.

Rioli is worth a pick in the 20s. But if GC are willing to part with pick 6 as a straight swap - they’re mad.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They gave Geelong pick 7 to take a top 10 pick from a couple years back off their books. They are beyond mad.

Then we hit 4 wins for the season, LDU ****s off and we are at square one again.
Then Duursma requests a trade to play with bro and we are ****ed with talent exiting out the door.

Be careful what you wish for, mate. At some point, our list needs to mature and balance, and it won't happen organically imo.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not at that price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone thinking we are any chance to get Housto is deluded. He came to Victoria and spoke to 5 finals contending clubs which we were not one of. He has no interest in coming to north hence the I wil will stay at port if a deal can’t be worked out.
Next minute Houston is being shown where the kettle and tins of Nescafé are stored in the club’s makeshift cafe . But in all seriousness highly unlikely he will be coming to us.

We should have had five wins this year. We lost two games by less than a goal where we had shithouse umpiring calls go against us. IE we missed frees that would have changed the result. In the Pies game there was the unpaid 50 (and a clearly touched ball that wasn't called on review.) Against the Eagles a throw that wasn't called and the following contest led to Yeo's goal. (There was also a mark that went unpaid to Chom after he controlled the ball and was cleaned up going back with the flight to J Cripps in the third quarter.)

The unpaid free and unpaid 50 both in the last minute of the game cost us those games.

And based on how we played after the bye we should have won two games at least beforehand. If the onfield side and the coaches get their shit together then seven or eight wins is a fair expectation and if we don't see that next year then it will actually be time to ask what the **** is going on.
LDU or Curtis could've also marked the ****ing ball in the Melbourne game, which would've at least given us a shot. That play is excruciating to watch on replay. The umps stuff is neither here nor there for me, because if you can change one dodgy one, you can theoretically change all dodgy ones (including that hilarious free to X on the boundary against the Collingwoods which he somehow converted), and the game unfolds in a completely different manner.

We probably should've had six wins, fourteen significant losses, and the three meh Dogs, Carlton and Freo losses. Our concrete results: three wins, six losses under five goals, and fourteen hefty defeats, is worse than last year's three wins and eight or so other competitive performances. The only way we're further along is that Curtis, Powell, Comben, Colby and Wardlaw had games pumped into them.

It will be time to ask what the **** is going on if we're not competitive from the outset next year. Twice in a row we've written off the season with six shit weeks from R3 onwards. This year it went on till R12. That's sort of unacceptable

Last edited:
Whats another couple of years?

10k members dropping off, no Friday/Saturday games with Sunday twilight our home. Another couple of games sold interstate, the AFL initiating a hostile takeover, goodbye Good Friday and so, and so on...

Your call.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hear you #11 just don't think we'll have many drop off if we've been growing significantly whilst we've been as shit as we have been! The Brownlow last night said it all to me, get the gun kids in and we'll elevate ourselves by 2027. I think, as others have pointed out we're on the right track, we need to pay closer to 100% of our alloted cap, but 30,000 at home games is not insurmountable, it's bloody likely if we're good. And with Sheezel, Wardlaw, LDU, Zane and others we should be! Even 2025 and 2026 are looking better. Come 2027 we'll be smashing some of these teams around us, slaughtering them.
2 or F1 can be split. Nobody is suggesting that's what we hand over.
Plenty are! I'm agreeing with you, we need to split/ask for something decent back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back